Woot! I Just Did It!

After grinding away with a $25 buy-in on Poker Stars just before the beginning of the year I finally did it! I hit $1,000 with my bankroll for the first time ever. I'm up 6 buy-ins tonight at $25 NL and here's the hand that put me over.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 ($2.55)MP2 ($26.35)CO ($24.45)Button ($24.30)SB ($25.10)BB ($44.25)Hero ($82.85)UTG+1 ($6.35)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3heart.gif, 3spade.gif. Hero calls $0.25, 3 folds, CO calls $0.25, Button raises to $1.5, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25, CO folds.Flop: ($3.60) Jdiamond.gif, 3diamond.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.5, Hero calls $3.50.Turn: ($10.60) 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls $8.River: ($26.60) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $12, Button calls $11.30 (All-In).Final Pot: $49.90Hero has 3h 3s (full house, threes full of nines). Button has Kh Kd (two pair, kings and nines). Outcome: Hero wins $49.90.

nice.. Now goodluck in the next stages of internet gambling 101.... I'll start you off.....you lose the value of a dollar, you either create a thread about TP/MM or you lose lots of money playing out of your roll.but, you never know.. congrats, and GL

as i read these post everyday about ppl winning online i want to find aand kill everyone of them .. my jelousy is growin bigger and my thoughts are gettting worse .. as i type this from my roof top gg life ..... splat ! well obv joking aside good job gl be smart with it , WITHDRAW AND RUN :club:

as i read these post everyday about ppl winning online i want to find aand kill everyone of them .. my jelousy is growin bigger and my thoughts are gettting worse .. as i type this from my roof top gg life ..... splat ! well obv joking aside good job gl be smart with it , WITHDRAW AND RUN :D
:club: That was strange.Oh....congrats OP

Thanks everyone. I was pretty excited about it last night. I set a goal around the 1st of February to hit $1k by the 1st of April. It took me a few extra days to reach my goal, but I'll take it. I believe I had around $170 when I set the goal. I had been playing $10 NL for a few months and just got tired of playing such small pots and grinding it out. Around the second week of Feb I decided to take a shot at $25 NL and I ended up making over $500 by the end of the month. March was pretty slow and I only made like 5.5 buy-ins so needless to say I was happy to start a new month. And so far April has been good to me and I then last night I ran sick and went up 8 buy-ins when I'm used to making 1 or 2. Good stuff.Anyway, thanks for the the kind words everyone. Hopefully $2k won't be too far behind.

So are you gonna move up to $50 nl now?
I'm actually going to give it my first shot when I hit $1,200. I'll give it a run with four buy-ins to start and see how it goes. If I get back down to $1k then I'll hit up $25 NL again and keep taking cracks around $1,200 until I run up my BR from there. I'm just trying to lay down a game plan with my bankroll management.
I'm actually going to give it my first shot when I hit $1,200. I'll give it a run with four buy-ins to start and see how it goes. If I get back down to $1k then I'll hit up $25 NL again and keep taking cracks around $1,200 until I run up my BR from there. I'm just trying to lay down a game plan with my bankroll management.
Bravo. Nice to see a story like this once in a while. Hopefully you stick to this plan. I know when the **** hit the fan with Neteller I withdrew everything from Tilt and had to turn my last $26 token on Full Tilt into a lot of money. Turns out I came in 3rd in the 12k for $1800, hello instant bankroll. Vowed to stick to bankroll management since then and things haven't been better in my poker life. Keep up the good work, check back in when you hit 2k or if you have to move back down. Also, how many tables do you play at once, do you short buy, I'm kinda curious.
I would actually either fold or reraise pf, but w/e. Why are u playing on Stars? At 50NL, you NEED the rakeback.
Ahh, I normally would fold 33 HU to a 6xbb raise, but I was antsy at the thought of hitting $1k and wanted to see a flop. :club: I had 4 tables going and I was hitting everything so I was riding my heater and feeling lucky. But yeah, usually this is fold for me.You're right about rakeback too. I really need to get myself on a site that offers it otherwise I'm giving up a lot of free cash back. One thing I've never done is whored sites for bonuses and rakeback, but it's definitely part of the plan. I guess I'm just focusing on getting a healthy enough BR to move money around and take full advantage of all the options out there. Thanks again for all the encouragement.
Also, how many tables do you play at once, do you short buy, I'm kinda curious.
When I started playing $25 NL I played two tables at a time with full buy-ins. When I got comfortable I added a third table, and now I'm playing four at a time. I'll probably stick to the same formula for $50 NL when I jump up. Two to start, then work my way up to four. I always buy-in for the max and top off if my stack dips below 80% of the max buy-in.
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3heart.gif, 3spade.gif. Hero calls $0.25, 3 folds, CO calls $0.25, Button raises to $1.5, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25, CO folds.Flop: ($3.60) Jdiamond.gif, 3diamond.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.5, Hero calls $3.50.Turn: ($10.60) 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls $8.River: ($26.60) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $12, Button calls $11.30 (All-In).Final Pot: $49.90Hero has 3h 3s (full house, threes full of nines). Button has Kh Kd (two pair, kings and nines). Outcome: Hero wins $49.90.
I prefer an open raise preflop, but I don't mind the call of the 6xbb.I usually like to lead the flop in these situations to get money in earlier, but I also don't hate checkraising. I definitely wouldn't wait for the turn though. Get the money in while you pretty much know you are ahead.Oh, and congrats on the milestone.
I usually like to lead the flop in these situations to get money in earlier, but I also don't hate checkraising. I definitely wouldn't wait for the turn though. Get the money in while you pretty much know you are ahead.Oh, and congrats on the milestone.
QFT.
I prefer an open raise preflop, but I don't mind the call of the 6xbb.I usually like to lead the flop in these situations to get money in earlier, but I also don't hate checkraising. I definitely wouldn't wait for the turn though. Get the money in while you pretty much know you are ahead.Oh, and congrats on the milestone.
I'm not quite comfortable yet raising OOP with small or medium pairs. Hopfully I'll get there.