I love Shana Hiatt. She is my ideal wife.Just thought I'd let everyone know :club:
I've seen your wife naked and I'm jealous. She's too damn sweet to be that hot.
Great insight from Sexton and Lederer on Stuey Ungar. *Bonus* Gordon can't get a word in edge-wise.
Yeah I enjoyed that too. I'm kinda talking out of my arse (I don't really know) but Mike Sexton seems like a really good/well informed/well respected guy. I don't see as much poker over here as you guys so I haven't been along for the whole WPT ride but that is how he comes across to me.
Yeah I enjoyed that too. I'm kinda talking out of my arse (I don't really know) but Mike Sexton seems like a really good/well informed/well respected guy. I don't see as much poker over here as you guys so I haven't been along for the whole WPT ride but that is how he comes across to me.
Sexton is old school. He was a pro for a long time, and one of Ungar's best friends. He's not just an announcer by any stretch. Even Lederer is taunting Phil. Phil said "A lot of people would play this hand(5d4d), but we've been friends, blah blah blah" Howard- "Well it's hard to play hands with a guy who's willing to go broke with a hand like JJ" referring to Gordon playing his JJ so passive a while earlier. Sexton got a kick out of it. It went over Phil's head.
Sexton is old school. He was a pro for a long time, and one of Ungar's best friends. He's not just an announcer by any stretch. Even Lederer is taunting Phil. Phil said "A lot of people would play this hand(5d4d), but we've been friends, blah blah blah" Howard- "Well it's hard to play hands with a guy who's willing to go broke with a hand like JJ" referring to Gordon playing his JJ so passive a while earlier. Sexton got a kick out of it. It went over Phil's head.[/quoteNot surprised a guy with the name strippersnblow couldn't follow what was happening. You are wrong. Howard Lederer was commenting on himself. Lederer also picked up JJ a few hands after Phil Gordon did. He stated after Phil did not go broke with JJ that he would have. He made the statement after also getting dealt JJ and showing his hand to the table. He said this because nobody called his bet and he thought that was because nobody wanted to play a pot with him because he was steaming as he said earlier he was willing to go broke with a hand like JJ. And obviously the statement wasn't about Phil Gordon because Gordon did not go broke when he did play JJ. He flat called with JJ and then checked until the river and called Sextons bet with an A and K on board. Sexton had QQ and like an IDIOT GORDON BRAGGED ABOUT NOT GOING BROKE AND HOW HE WAS SO HAPPY HE LOST THE MINIMUM (There was an A and K on the board)- um how the hell would he lose much- would any player lose much after that flop there?- NO - a good pro wouldve folded especailly if he picked up on a tell that Sexton had as he said. In conclusion you are right about Phil Gordon not knowing the game too well. He sat there and bragged like he made the greatest decisions there- he is obviously confirming he doesnt know the game too well and is so proud of his play there. A good fold was when Hellmuth dodged a bullet. DANIEL ANY THOUGHTS ON BELOW PARAGRAPH?Also I picked up a tell on Howard Lederer- In early position with his flush draw ( 8 10 of spades on flop of J K A- he quickly stated he was going to check because "that flop must have hit Sextoon." Now after stating this If I were at the table I would be pretty certain that he didnt flop the nuts or even have 2 pair. THis gave Chad Brown more confidence to make his bet with A rag and this also takes away bluffing power of Lederer if Chad picked up on this. I mean come on are these people really pros. They give away info at the table like this all the time. Yes it is easier to put together when you can see the cards- but some of the so called best give away too much infoNOTICE IVEY SITS QUIETLY NEVER GIVING AWAY ANYTHINGNegreanu is the only player that really has the ability to talk so much without giving away much at all- great to watch

Thanks for the slam noob. We basically agree on everything but the fact that I think Lederer was ribbing Gordon for playing the JJ so tightly. Maybe you just couldn't follow what I was saying because you've already formed an opinion of me based on my handle. But hell, you're picking up tells on Howard Lederer based on what you saw on an edited short handed SNG, so what do I know. When you and Daniel get together for your strategy session please post about it, I could learn something from the two of you.I love the Ivey observation btw. Maybe we could get along if my name was SistersNWildTurkey.

Thanks for the slam noob. We basically agree on everything but the fact that I think Lederer was ribbing Gordon for playing the JJ so tightly. Maybe you just couldn't follow what I was saying because you've already formed an opinion of me based on my handle. But hell, you're picking up tells on Howard Lederer based on what you saw on an edited short handed SNG, so what do I know. When you and Daniel get together for your strategy session please post about it, I could learn something from the two of you.I love the Ivey observation btw.
I laughed at this.
I laughed at this.
Laugh at me, learn from Jimmy.He was member 1000, and I got to be included in his first ever post. 2 years, 4 months. Wow. My mom was right, I am special.
The last 3-4 weeks have been repeats. Is it over?
They're on the weirdest schedule...1 week it's new and the next 3 weeks are re-runs. You can go to the NBC website and get a schedule - there are quite a few new episodes coming up.
Thanks for the slam noob. We basically agree on everything but the fact that I think Lederer was ribbing Gordon for playing the JJ so tightly. Maybe you just couldn't follow what I was saying because you've already formed an opinion of me based on my handle. But hell, you're picking up tells on Howard Lederer based on what you saw on an edited short handed SNG, so what do I know. When you and Daniel get together for your strategy session please post about it, I could learn something from the two of you.I love the Ivey observation btw. Maybe we could get along if my name was SistersNWildTurkey.
You STATED THIS"Well it's hard to play hands with a guy who's willing to go broke with a hand like JJ" referring to Gordon playing his JJ so passive a while earlierand I stated that is not what he is referring to which he wasn't. But yes I do agree that Lederer did think Gordon's play was odd. And thats funny you tried to make my comments look to be biased and not factual by diverting attention to my sarcastic insult to your account name. I noticed it at the last minute and put that in after I finished my expert analysis. And make fun of the little advice I gave but if you read that in Harringtons book or Daniels book or something you would run off and tell your mommy this is why you play cards. Sorry if I slammed you and nice contradiction calling me a noob then pointing out that I am the 1000th member ( I actually have 2 accounts - forgot pass of other). How many members are there? Sorry I don't know I have a life and I better go enjoy it now.
You STATED THIS"Well it's hard to play hands with a guy who's willing to go broke with a hand like JJ" referring to Gordon playing his JJ so passive a while earlierand I stated that is not what he is referring to which he wasn't. But yes I do agree that Lederer did think Gordon's play was odd. And thats funny you tried to make my comments look to be biased and not factual by diverting attention to my sarcastic insult to your account name. I noticed it at the last minute and put that in after I finished my expert analysis. And make fun of the little advice I gave but if you read that in Harringtons book or Daniels book or something you would run off and tell your mommy this is why you play cards. Sorry if I slammed you and nice contradiction calling me a noob then pointing out that I am the 1000th member ( I actually have 2 accounts - forgot pass of other). How many members are there? Sorry I don't know I have a life and I better go enjoy it now.
cheat much? sw :club: