Commentators On Poker After Dark

I just finished watching the first "day" of commentator week on pokerafter dark. It was definetlely the most obnoxious line up I've ever watched on a poker show. Kaplan and Gordon's neverending string of clever comments made me want to kill myself. Watching great poker on TV usually recharges my poker batteries and inspires me to play better and harder. These guys make me want to quit poker and do something real with my life. I know Gabe is just trying to be funny and lighten the mood, but I wish he'd just shut up. Gordon just comes accross as a total scumbag.Give me Hellmuth and Matusow over these donkeys any day. Atleast they are funny!

I just finished watching the first "day" of commentator week on pokerafter dark. It was definetlely the most obnoxious line up I've ever watched on a poker show. Kaplan and Gordon's neverending string of clever comments made me want to kill myself. Watching great poker on TV usually recharges my poker batteries and inspires me to play better and harder. These guys make me want to quit poker and do something real with my life. I know Gabe is just trying to be funny and lighten the mood, but I wish he'd just shut up. Gordon just comes accross as a total scumbag.Give me Hellmuth and Matusow over these donkeys any day. Atleast they are funny!
I wouldn't call it obnoxious. I'd call it boring.
i would love hellmuth, matsuow, negreanu, laak, esfandiari, and sheikhan (sp?). that would be a good lineup if you want to hear some talk
I'd call it both, but it's all sparked by one dude. I watched it too and it was so annoying, yet I couldn't stop, lol, a la train wreck.
HAHA i know what you mean i can't stand Phil Gordons obnoxious ways. The way he treats Mik Sexton is such a joke i really can't stand Phil.
HAHA i know what you mean i can't stand Phil Gordons obnoxious ways. The way he treats Mik Sexton is such a joke i really can't stand Phil.
I really didn't mind Gabe too much on the first episode. It was Konik and Gordon who drove me crazy. As far as announcers away from the PAD episode I always felt that Konik was very annoying. He always knows what to do when he can see the hole cards. It's a total different game when you are at the table. Is Konik an actual player or strictly an announcer?Phil Gordon quote "I'm going to be like Daniel Negreanu and call every hand". What an idiot. It's ok to do that once in a while, but doing it every hand is just annoying. Especially with his non-personality. And of course he got a couple right but he quessed about 40 times.I like Mike Sexton at a table. That voice is just mesmorizing.
I really didn't mind Gabe too much on the first episode. It was Konik and Gordon who drove me crazy. As far as announcers away from the PAD episode I always felt that Konik was very annoying. He always knows what to do when he can see the hole cards. It's a total different game when you are at the table. Is Konik an actual player or strictly an announcer?Phil Gordon quote "I'm going to be like Daniel Negreanu and call every hand". What an idiot. It's ok to do that once in a while, but doing it every hand is just annoying. Especially with his non-personality. And of course he got a couple right but he quessed about 40 times.I like Mike Sexton at a table. That voice is just mesmorizing.
Gordon was just taking a shot at me with that comment. I wonder if he really thinks I actually do that, lol. As for Konik, I think he's ok, but he just seemed really annoyed with Gordon never shutting up and being condescending towards him.
Gordon was just taking a shot at me with that comment. I wonder if he really thinks I actually do that, lol. As for Konik, I think he's ok, but he just seemed really annoyed with Gordon never shutting up and being condescending towards him.
I really hate when people do this on here. but what did you think of the booth/ivey hand on HSP. Im curious about your thoughtslink
i would love hellmuth, matsuow, negreanu, laak, esfandiari, and sheikhan (sp?). that would be a good lineup if you want to hear some talk
I'd make that Hellmuth, Matusow, Negreanu, Sheikhan, "Master" Nguyen and Tony G.Now that's a table full of talkers!
I'd make that Hellmuth, Matusow, Negreanu, Sheikhan, "Master" Nguyen and Tony G.Now that's a table full of talkers!
You'd need a lot of security in case *that* guy got upset...

Ok, You guys are Sick. All you freaks want to watch ugly hairy men.My ideal Line up would be this. 1. Clonie Gowan2. Jennifer Tilley3. Liz Lieu4. Ceciellia Nordenstan5. Iasabelle Mercier6. Daniel Negreanu..................heheheheAll have to wear G-strings and the final TWo have to MUD WRESTLE to retrive the ace of spades and Ace ofHearts from each others G-string:))))))#4 is sweetest..http://pokerwiki.se/images/thumb/9/98/Nord...-Nordenstam.jpg

Ok, You guys are Sick. All you freaks want to watch ugly hairy men.My ideal Line up would be this. 1. Clonie Gowan2. Jennifer Tilley3. Liz Lieu4. Ceciellia Nordenstan5. Iasabelle Mercier6. Chantel McNultyAll have to wear G-strings and the final TWo have to MUD WRESTLE to retrive the ace of spades and Ace ofHearts from each others G-string:))))))#4 is sweetest..http://pokerwiki.se/images/thumb/9/98/Nord...-Nordenstam.jpg#6ChantelMcNulty.jpg
You'd need a lot of security in case *that* guy got upset...
+1
Ok, You guys are Sick. All you freaks want to watch ugly hairy men.My ideal Line up would be this. 1. Clonie Gowan2. Jennifer Tilley3. Liz Lieu4. Ceciellia Nordenstan5. Iasabelle Mercier6. Daniel Negreanu..................heheheheAll have to wear G-strings and the final TWo have to MUD WRESTLE to retrive the ace of spades and Ace ofHearts from each others G-string:))))))#4 is sweetest..http://pokerwiki.se/images/thumb/9/98/Nord...-Nordenstam.jpg
+1

I dream line-up of talkers for PAD would be:Sam FarhaMike MatusowDaniel NegreanuTony GPhil HellmuthNorman Chad (if he speaks his mind)From what I can tell the players, except for Chad, know each other well enough to make it entertaining. Chad has the type of personality, or at least conveys such a personality on TV, where he would be right in the middle of a verbal war.I really wanted to see Norman Chad on commentators’ week. I want to see if he is really as bad as he keeps saying he is. I would really love to see Chad hit a one or two outer vs. Hellmuth on PAD. That is what poker dreams are made of.Gordon comes across on TV as a real schmuck. I don't know if his humor is just really dry, or if he is just a really big jerk, but it seems like his ego is huge and that he does not feel he has to acknowledge the poker players that he feels are "beneath" him.I don't know. Maybe Daniel can clue us in on what Gordon is really like.

They nearly had a Phil/Jennifer week when they had Gordon, Ivey, Tilly and Harman. They should do a full on Phil/Jennifer week. Could be:Phil LaakPhil IveyJennifer HarmanPhil GordonPhil HellmuthJennifer TillySweet game there.