Odd River Bet From Other Player

.25/.50 NL 9 handedI'm UTG with $80, and limp with 2's. 5 call, including SB ($30) and BB.(Pot $2.50) Flop is Q-4-2 rainbow.SB and BB check. I lead out $1.50. CO & SB calls.(Pot $7) Turn is A. I bet out, one folds, SB calls. (Pot $17) River is 9. SB bets out $8, leaving them with $15 behind. What hands could they have with this action (Check/Call 2X, bet out on river), and what do you do?Note: I don't think folding is an option.

.25/.50 NL 9 handedI'm UTG with $80, and limp with 2's. 5 call, including SB ($30) and BB.(Pot $2.50) Flop is Q-4-2 rainbow.SB and BB check. I lead out $1.50. CO & SB calls.(Pot $7) Turn is A. I bet out, one folds, SB calls. (Pot $17) River is 9. SB bets out $8, leaving them with $15 behind. What hands could they have with this action (Check/Call 2X, bet out on river), and what do you do?Note: I don't think folding is an option.
FYP right?i don't think folding is an option either, SB could have pretty much anything except a bigger set (except maybe 44, that's a possibility). I don't see 99, QQ or AA limping from the SB at this level very often. It could be 3 5 or 4 4 but those are the only hands I can see that beat you unless you are leaving out vital suit info. Much more likely is Q 9, 4 2, A 2, some kind of 2 pair. I would put my money on Q 9 though, if I was a gambling man. :club:
FYP right?i don't think folding is an option either, SB could have pretty much anything except a bigger set (except maybe 44, that's a possibility). I don't see 99, QQ or AA limping from the SB at this level very often. It could be 3 5 or 4 4 but those are the only hands I can see that beat you unless you are leaving out vital suit info. Much more likely is Q 9, 4 2, A 2, some kind of 2 pair. I would put my money on Q 9 though, if I was a gambling man. :club:
Was not Q-9.

push the rest in, if he has 99 so be it. It isn't like that card completed any draws. you beat a ton of hands, maybe he just missed a draw and he is hoping to get you to fold.To recap:Pushwhinethrow laptop against wall :club:

35 and 44 are the only holdings that have you beat that could play it like this..I'm pushing it all in everytime..
OO I didn't notice the 3-5 that could be it, he smooth called the turn and donk bet the river.
OO I didn't notice the 3-5 that could be it, he smooth called the turn and donk bet the river.
Winner!I was so sick when he bet out, I even typed in the chat "set of 4's,", before I pushed and they insta-called. Had a gut feeling I was beat, but pushed anyway.Got all the $ back 5 hands later against another player when they pushed all-in on the river with a flop of K-7-10-3-A. They pushed the river with pocket 8's, I had pocket A's.