PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB ($145.35)UTG ($95.65)UTG+1 ($113.30)MP1 ($204.35)Hero ($392.15)CO ($229)Button ($110.15)SB ($122.45)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2 :D , A :) . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: ($11) 4 :club: , 2 :D , A :D(5 players)BB bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4, Hero raises to $18, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls $14, UTG+1 calls $14.Turn: ($65) 7 :)(3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $45, BB calls $45, UTG+1 folds.River: ($155) K :)(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $66, BB raises to $80.35, Hero calls $14.35.Final Pot: $315.70So...?Villain is 13/9/1.29, 69 hands.

Does it change anyone's mind on the river that he used half of his timebank for the flop decision and turn decision.I figured him for an ace, and that he'd call the river bet with it, having gone so far.I think anything that beats me certainly raises me on the turn or again on the flop, no?

*shrug* you prolly got coolered. Good bets on all streets, although as pure preference I like to bet slightly bigger on the turn (i wanna win da big un :club: ) 90% of the time youre looking at AK, mb a well slowplayed set. Getting a million to one though no way you can fold. Mb AQ or AJ lost their head. A lot of (dumber) players will make an all-in bet for some reason when they have very few chips left and they should just call.Checking the river isn't so bad, but i think AJ+ having gone this far is prolly paying you off, maybe even a loose AT, 9. A busted flush draw might try to run a bluff but with the strength youve repp'd thay might feel like they need to run a big one or nothing at all. Matter of opinion and feel for hand here.edit: forgot abotu the 2 diamonds. Makes the call easier to make, since a set or Ak prolly does raise the turn or flop, butits not like none of us havent ever seen that sorta hand played poooprly like that; people are dumb.

I check behind on the river. I don't think a weaker hand pays us off often enough. Rest of the hand is good.
????AQ, AJ, A10, A9....???? Bet that river, unless you hate money Zach.But for you Zach, if you were going to call Villains all in, just bet it. Instead of $60 or whatever. Just set him all in.
????AQ, AJ, A10, A9....???? Bet that river, unless you hate money Zach.But for you Zach, if you were going to call Villains all in, just bet it. Instead of $60 or whatever. Just set him all in.
No not reallySeriously AQ, AJ, AT, A9 are not coming along for the ride here or calling or our river bet very often. Especially if player is competent. Pot is big enough and I take a free showdown here almost every time.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB ($145.35)UTG ($95.65)UTG+1 ($113.30)MP1 ($204.35)Hero ($392.15)CO ($229)Button ($110.15)SB ($122.45)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2 :D , A :) . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 1 fold, BB checks.
IDK, but I think you should put in something pre-flop. You never know that lurking AK might come over the top and you'd know you might be behind but limping is fun with acey duecey.
Flop: ($11) 4 :club: , 2 :D , A :D(5 players)BB bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4, Hero raises to $18, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls $14, UTG+1 calls $14.
Great raise! BUT, what was it for? To find out where your at or to value raise? Usually we are raising to see where were at in the hand and since you have two callers I'd say it's safe to say they have a big ace just by the flop call alone. If they are drawing nothing hit. You're just in kicker trouble.
Turn: ($65) 7 :)(3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $45, BB calls $45, UTG+1 folds.
Okay you got one to fold but what do you think he's calling $45 with. Are you value betting him or is he letting you hang yourself? Obviously that 7 probably didn't help his hand of course unless he's holding A7. I like the amount of the bet but I don't know how ahead we are on this hand.
River: ($155) K :)(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $66, BB raises to $80.35, Hero calls $14.35.
Probably a trouble card concidering the oppenent played it just like AK but we'll have to bet $66 a little less than half the pot. I'm assuming you were trying to get him to go all in.
Final Pot: $315.70So...?Villain is 13/9/1.29, 69 hands.
So you played this hand standard. You raised the flop and got two callers. Your probably behind most of the time in this spot. Especially with the significant betting amounts. You played the hand standard I think you need to think about what someone is going to call $45 dollars with against the big stack at the table. Think about that and maybe you'll learn something :club:*outside the box.

I'd check behind on the river here everytime...unless the guy is brutal, which is certainly possible, I have no way of knowing whether this guy is or not, you aren't going to get called unless you are beaten...if he calls you and you do win, well I think thats more of him being brutal and you being lucky to have won as opposed to you making a good bet. Against anyone competent you're only getting called on the river if you're beaten, imo.

I'd check behind on the river here everytime...unless the guy is brutal, which is certainly possible, I have no way of knowing whether this guy is or not, you aren't going to get called unless you are beaten...if he calls you and you do win, well I think thats more of him being brutal and you being lucky to have won as opposed to you making a good bet. Against anyone competent you're only getting called on the river if you're beaten, imo.
13/9/1.29 generally just calls down with big pairs. This really looks like AQ/AK. That being said, I might just shove on the turn and pay off a set. I don't think you are getting a call from someone so tight and non aggressive unless they get a card that will beat you (Q or K) or the case ace.

I was just betting 66 on the end to get him to push all in. It was an effective push, doesn't really matter aside from psycological differences in appearance to the villain, I suppose.He timebanked his away all the way down and called with A4.:club:

Pretty standard dude. You'll start to devalue a2-a7 after a few thousand more hands like that.Standard.BTW,I'm so proud of you. IDK it makes me feel good when people say it.

IDK, but I think you should put in something pre-flop. You never know that lurking AK might come over the top and you'd know you might be behind but limping is fun with acey duecey.
I don't think there's much value in a PFR. Just assume there's a larger ace out unless you acquire evidence that it's not. If we raise preflop, we can easily price ourselves out of our main purpose -- hitting the nut flush and extracting value.

Why play A-2 suited? To flop a nut flush draw. If I don't flop 2 or 3 cards of my suit, I fold.Okay, if I flop the 3,4,5 I'll play it for a small amount, worrying about 67. Trips, of course get played.But 2 pair? Danger.Even if he doesn't have the 4, it becomes 3 outs for him. If the board pairs the 4, you're playing As and 4s and are almost surely out-kicked. And if the turn misses the 4 and his kicker, then that card becomes 3 outs for him on the river. Okay.... standard hand would be for him to have AK, AQ, AJ. In that case, your 2-pair is 70% on the flop and 80% on the turn..... You certainly have reason to push if that is what you think he has.But then the K comes, and you continue to push. What did you think he was playing?I'm not saying you did wrong. I'm just saying that when I play A-rag suited hoping for a flush draw, then hit 2 pair, bad things happen when I push with it.

lol at playing full ring
I could do without these comments. I play full-ring a lot and I'm not going to feel any shame about it. The short-handed forum tag-line says it's for both limit and no-limit, but the descriptive post says otherwise. Do we need a separate full-ring forum? Or could we just lay off the comments?
I could do without these comments. I play full-ring a lot and I'm not going to feel any shame about it. The short-handed forum tag-line says it's for both limit and no-limit, but the descriptive post says otherwise. Do we need a separate full-ring forum? Or could we just lay off the comments?
I wouldn't be opposed to a SHNL forum seperate from this one.I always forget to look at how many players are in the hand when I reply.