UB 10-handed 1/2 NLHEVillain is at seat 1 with $198.90. (20.8% VP$IP / 12.6 % PFR)Hero is at seat 5 with $230.55.The button is at seat 0.Villain posts the small blind of $1.BB posts the big blind of $2.Pre-flop:2 folds. Hero raises to $5 with A :D Q :D 4 folds. Villain calls. BB folds.Flop ($12)8 :) T :club: J :) Villain checks. I don't like to continuation bet on a coordinated board, but it's heads-up and I have a double gutshot, two-overs, and three flush.Hero bets $12. Villain raises to $24. Hero calls.Turn ($60)2 :DVillain bets $31. Hero calls.River ($122)2 :) Villain checks. Hero ???What's your line? Should we go to war on the flop? Steal the river? Cut our losses?

I don't mind a check behind here on the river. Villian doesn't seem donkish so CB is probably optimal but I probably discount my A and Q and even if they do hit I really don't feel comfortable with my hand. I think we are drawing to 8 outs here so we are kinda priced in.Thus I probably play the hand the same and check behind the river for info at the very least.

I'd prob push the flop. hehehehehehehehyea, I would. You should push oesd (or dubble gutters ((same thing)) + fd's. just do it, nothing wrong with that.And I'd prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobably bet the river too. He is gonna have JT here I think, or maybe just JxTT is the only hand I see us being crushed by. Ewps if he has that, I still bet the river.- Jordan

Making a continuation bet is fine, but yours seemed a bit large. You can bet 2/3 of the pot and still have the same effect. As played, you have to call the flop in position for the min raise, seeing how you're getting about 4 to 1 with a decent draw and overs (which are questionably live). I think you could probably fold the turn. We're getting 3 to 1, but our hand is about 20% against his range and our implied odds aren't all that great.On the river, honestly, I think if we were totally nuts we could take this pot away from him. We've played it like the flush draw most of the way. He's deep enough that a large bet would really put him to the test, and there are indeed foldable hands in his range. We can fold hands like AJ and he may even have an odd hand like 99. I'm not sure if I'd do it, but I don't think it's out of the question.

The idea of bluffing at this river seems very bad to me.Villain either has a hand that beats us, or he doesn't.If he was bluffing on a draw that missed, our Ace High will win.But there is obviously no value in betting the river since he will fold.If he is holding a hand that beats us, he is not going to fold here.His river check was not a sign of weakness.It is what he is supposed to do with any good hand that is not strong enough to value bet himself.If he holds a hand like QJ or AT, he likely would have played the hand this way.And betting the river would usually not make much sense for him since he would probably only being called by hands that beat him.It is more logical for him to check-call the river in a specific attempt to allow us to bluff at the pot.There is about $120 in the pot.The most we can bluff at this river is about the same amount.He will call with anything that has us beat.Check it down.And hope he was on a draw.--CM

I checked behind.Villain had JQo. How do you play it if we peeked at his hand? I think I'd raise the turn.

Making a continuation bet is fine, but yours seemed a bit large. You can bet 2/3 of the pot and still have the same effect.
2/3 is more typical for me, but I usually bet the pot or more on a coordinated board with or without a made hand.How much do you bet with JJ on this flop?
How much do you bet with JJ on this flop?
Probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot
I checked behind.Villain had JQo.
His hand stunk of a bad jack. I stand by my earlier assessment: we can take it away on the river by betting the pot (which is basically moving in).
A check here isn't horrible and I think a smaller bet would help keep the pot small. Say more around $8. As played I fold to the turn bet.
Tough spot to be in....Checking behind is your only option. really, since you didn't get to "peek" at his hand, lol.
Villain posts the small blind of $1.BB posts the big blind of $2.Pre-flop:2 folds. Hero raises to $5 with A :D Q :club: 4 folds. Villain calls. BB folds.
That raise seems mighty small.It really doesn't help define his calling range much IMO.A raise of say 8 might make it a bit easier down the line and show that you mean business.
Probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the potHis hand stunk of a bad jack. I stand by my earlier assessment: we can take it away on the river by betting the pot (which is basically moving in).
I personally don't think we take away this hand at the river. we've only called his c/r on the flop and then checked behind on the turn. The river is a complete blank, so villian's in c/c mode here with a weak j.If I knew he had jq here I'd just fold the turn.
That raise seems mighty small.It really doesn't help define his calling range much IMO.A raise of say 8 might make it a bit easier down the line and show that you mean business.
This is a whole topic in itself. On UB, I'd much rather fold this piece of **** hand from this position than raise 4x. I'm just not going to get action from AJ with that, so I end up playing the hand from behind all the time.If I'm playing a loose live table, I might make a larger raise.I use the Ferguson theory of small opening raises in early position and larger ones as my position improves.Did I mention AQ is the devil?
Probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot [with JJJ].
I have a concern that if I bet more with my good hands, people will notice and be able to decode my holding. Lots of people aren't paying that much attention (or have played enough hands with me), but some are.
I personally don't think we take away this hand at the river. we've only called his c/r on the flop and then checked behind on the turn. The river is a complete blank, so villian's in c/c mode here with a weak j.
Well, the river does complete a flush. I don't know, with the flush being completed and a somewhat coordinated board, I thought we could take it away from a jack. I guess no one agrees, though.