This is my first one of these, sorry in advance if it sucks. No real read on the villain other than he was pretty tight. I had been playing pretty passively as a couple of players were creating all the action. I had won a couple of pots by letting them bet into my stronger hands. Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $50 NL Texas Hold'em - (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($69.47)UTG+1 ($51.90)MP1 ($84.09)MP2 ($41.60)CO ($59.02)Button ($49.25)SB ($12.90)BB (Villain) ($55.88)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qs, Jh. SB posts a blind of $0.25. Hero calls $0.50, 6 folds, BB =#A500AF(Villain)/ checks.Flop: ($1.25) Qd, Qc, KdVillain checks, Hero bets $1, Villain calls $1.Turn: ($3.25) JcVillain checks, Hero bets $2, Villain raises to $5, Hero calls $3.River: ($13.25) 5hVillain is all-In [$49.38]Hero ???Pre-flop, the limp UTG was weak, but the table was passive and limpers were seeing flops. I saw the re-raise on the turn as a potential re-steal attempt, but the all-in move suggests he’s serious.

I had a dream once.I held a full house.And my opponent made this ginormous all in overbet.It was a nice dream.Never ever consider laying this down.--cm

Thanks for those responses. I appreciate the input. I agree with everything that has been said. He only wins if he has KK or KQ. I don’t see him checking pre-flop with those hands. Because I am a f u c k i n g idiot, I folded. I could try to explain my thought process, but I don’t think there is any justification. I immediately regretted such a jackass move, but thought I would get some confirmation here. Some additional context was that it was actually the last hand of the session at around 1:30 a.m. – I was about to call it a night. If it had been one of the first hands of the session, I would have called the all-in figuring I would reload if I lost. I guess I didn’t want to “ruin” the session (and my night) by losing all those hard-won chips on my last hand. But that’s probably not a good attitude to have when involved in a hand. Thanks again.

Why aren't we reraising the turn?If the answer is to enduce a bet on the river, then we have our answer as to whether we should call or not.
cause we don't want him to go anywhere and we have position on the river. i like the smooth call on the turn.
Thanks for those responses. I appreciate the input. I agree with everything that has been said. He only wins if he has KK or KQ. I don’t see him checking pre-flop with those hands. Because I am a f u c k i n g idiot, I folded. I could try to explain my thought process, but I don’t think there is any justification. I immediately regretted such a jackass move, but thought I would get some confirmation here. Some additional context was that it was actually the last hand of the session at around 1:30 a.m. – I was about to call it a night. If it had been one of the first hands of the session, I would have called the all-in figuring I would reload if I lost. I guess I didn’t want to “ruin” the session (and my night) by losing all those hard-won chips on my last hand. But that’s probably not a good attitude to have when involved in a hand. Thanks again.
No need to explain......you are his girlfriend for the night!Just kidding - you talked yourself out of it.

I would never ever ever ever fold this hand - ever. Youre good to go, do you really think he's playing KK like that the whole time? and if not, then KQ is your only problem. checking on the bb, even with kq and if you called utg i think he might raise with kq cause youll probably call - my guess is that he had a random queen and thinks you have a king and that youll call to his "overbet"

you have a decent kicker....
He doesn't have a kicker, he has a full house and the third nuts (behind KK and KQ). He has also played it extremely slowly. You can't fold.
Some additional context was that it was actually the last hand of the session at around 1:30 a.m. – I was about to call it a night. If it had been one of the first hands of the session, I would have called the all-in figuring I would reload if I lost. I guess I didn’t want to “ruin” the session (and my night) by losing all those hard-won chips on my last hand. But that’s probably not a good attitude to have when involved in a hand.
This is really bad justification for this play. I don't want to jump on you too harshly because you know you made a mistake, but if you're not getting all of your chips in here, when are you getting them in? You have the third nuts in an unraised pot against a suddenly crazy BB. I would bet any amount of money (including the 50 it would've taken to call him) that he had 9-10.As for the above paragraph, are you really that conservative that you want to sit on a 20 dollar profit? If so, why are you limping with QJ? What more do you want out of that starting hand? :)Good luck in the future!
You can't fold this hand at any limit regardless of villan based on the action so far. If he has K-Q or K-K, gg him. Did you seriously consider folding or are you disguising a cooler as strategy?
If you genuinely wanted that question answered, you'd have read the thread's replies. You would've seen that the OP folded the hand, foolishly, by his own admission.