Any Interest In A Yahoo Keeper League?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely want to play in a keeper, I've been looking for a serious one for a long time. I'm in if we get it going, let me know if you need help with it.

i'm actually leaving one keeper this year, it's grown too big and there is no ability to rebuild becuase the other owners aren't fair in trading (IE don't know how to negotiate a proper deal, only look to rip off)I would aim for 12 or 13 teams, with the eventual expansion to 15+keeper rules could vary from keeping 8 players and 2 rookies OR keeping something like 20 players?this is where it gets fun! Draft picks are tangible, you can deal em. FIrst year this would be a little hairy but it can be done with a good thread in here. As for the rules and scoring if we get enough people in, we can set up a selection committee.I would like to set the dead line for getting this league off the ground by March 4th (sunday)Ira

i would be down for doing something like this also. I am in a baseball league with my friends. We actually only keep two position players and one pitcher. of course though we also only have about 7-8 people in our league. If things could be set up let me know

i would be down for doing something like this also. I am in a baseball league with my friends. We actually only keep two position players and one pitcher. of course though we also only have about 7-8 people in our league. If things could be set up let me know
I actually like both options; option one keeping a small amount of players allows for some decent to pretty good names to get back on the market. But with a decent sized league, and a lot of keepers it encourages trading, deals and actual managing because scrubs become important!I'm really glad to see Aadams is in, i think we are up to 6 now! Danny? Great White? everyone?Ira

I'd be in to GM a franchise for sure.I like the 8 players and 2 rookies format better than 20 keepers. It's always more fun when the draft has some interesting depth for it to be worthwhile to trade for draft picks.But hey, that's just my 2 cents, I'll rally to whatever the selection committee agrees. (SHEESH, talk about sucking up...I'm horrible)EDIT...This seems like it might end up drawing a lot of interest, how do I prove that I am WORTHY ?!? Which, I most definitely am...a total pool junkie lol

I'd be in to GM a franchise for sure.I like the 8 players and 2 rookies format better than 20 keepers. It's always more fun when the draft has some interesting depth for it to be worthwhile to trade for draft picks.But hey, that's just my 2 cents, I'll rally to whatever the selection committee agrees. (SHEESH, talk about sucking up...I'm horrible)EDIT...This seems like it might end up drawing a lot of interest, how do I prove that I am WORTHY ?!? Which, I most definitely am...a total pool junkie lol
first come first serve maybe?
first come first serve maybe?
first come first serve sounds perfect! I will write a list, i just got back from my shitty night of 1/2, and my confidence is really low right now so i need sleepSigh

I'd love to but there's two problems.1. there would have to be money involved to maintain my interest2. I don't know enough about baseball...this Juan that Juan, I can't keep track!

Hey wow great response. Interest ListSUITED ACESTMONEY3AMoneyBallByaatchAadamsCheckyAllinBluffSpeedlimit (only if that's his gf in his av and wants to supply more pics)Silver SecenOutsiderThe HiddenMAYBEFreddieThat's 13 including Freddy. Right now for money i don't really think that's a good idea...maybe in future years if it stays together!Please REPLY IN THIS THEAD if you are CONFIMING your spot! I will set up a league Tuesday, we can meet over the weekend (i'll be on sparsly) and hammer the rules out by monday.I'm excited!Ira

Confirming.BTW can we set up the draft order prior to half hour before the draft so that some strategy may be used, it's alright if its the 30 minute yahoo style although I think more thought will go into if if we have like a week to prepare.