heads up frustration..

So I had the itch to play some heads up yesterday.Started at the 10 dollar limit. Won the first two... The first person was so easy, she'd never raise and only bet when she had a peice of the flop... only ever made minimum bets, Second person was ultra aggressive and would raise every single BB and SB, continuation bets like crazy... So i sat back and checked 'everything' I would let them bet into me and trap them for decent sized pots. 2-0 without really getting into trouble. The 3rd match.... yeeeeesh. I was owning it the whole way. I never trailed. but I couldn't close the deal! I kept getting rivered while trying to finish the person off. Once I flop a broadway straight and he goes all in in front of me... runner-runner full house. Next he's down to 200 chips, all in. I look down to A-10 suited and decide to take a stab. He has a-5 and spikes a 5 on the river. It happened a 3rd time, and I cant remember, but i believe it was my 2 pair going down in flames toa runner runner straight. I ended up losing! The blinds got to 50-100 before I knew it. I'm thinking "have we been going at it this long?? He's been on the ropes the whole time!!"It's frustrating, but I feel like I played well... has anyone else had this problem... where they couldn't close out a heads up match despite dominating 3 straight showdowns?

ha  no variance my friend it's all about online poker being rigged,they knew you won 2 in a row no way they were going to let you win 3 (sw)
Haha... nice...I was going to make a joking reference to online poker being rigged, but didn't want to get into it. why do I have an urge to say something about online poker being rigged.......grr... dont want to threadjack my own thread.............IF YOU PLAYED FULL RING, 100+ HANDS PER HOUR AT A B/M GAME YOU'D SEE CRAZY CRAP LIKE YOU DO ONLINE.............bah... that wasn't directed at anyone. Just been building for a while.

It happens. I play a lot of HU SnGs and I run into this often. It's just variance kicking you in the ass mostly. Even against the worst players it can be hard to close out a match as the blinds go up. The trick is to not let the blinds scare you. Even if folding is going to take away your chip lead, try to be patient enough to not call an all-in without at least a pair. don't be afraid to be short stacked. Sometimes you can be more aggressive with the short stack than the chip lead.

dont even get me started on this garbage.!thats why NL heads up is such a poop show
Well put!It is either a chess match or roulette, no in between, IMHO.

Have this happen often. Most recent was in a MTT on Bodog last Wednesday.HU with a 3-1 chip advantage. Cracks my KK with a runner runner str8 all in.Set beat by runner runner boat all in on flopLast hand, I make mim raise with AA. Board comes 2-7-10. I bet, he raises all in, I call. He shows 10-4o and hits a 4 on the river.I out played the guy the whole time and just got slammed with the cards. Happens all the time. As long as you play good cards, don't worry about it.As far as the nl nay-sayers:Those who can nl, those who cant' limit.Nuff said!~sublime