the put up or shut up challenge!

I have read a few of the topics today with great amusement.Certainly King was a little Nuts with the CAPS, he sounded whiny, and I certainly don't agree with his assesment that "that's not Poker" because losing to a suck out or bad play sure as hell is a part of poker.Having said that he made a challenge and I made one last week to Zimmer with no response, I would like to see just once the critics accept a reasonable challenge and then have the results posted here.When Daniel is challenged, he either puts up or shuts up. You don't see him get a challenge from Neverwin for example and then fold. He accepts it.Also there is nothing wrong with not accepting a challenge if it is not within a bankroll that you are comfortable with.Playing Action Jeff I challenged him and he offered stakes that I was not comfortable with so that made me the one unwilling to play. He was unwilling to play at a level that I was comfortable with. Now I certainly understand not playing above a level dollar wise that you are comfortable with, but if someone claims to be so good then they should certainly be willing to step down to shut the donkey up, within a reasonable level. Either folks who criticize others about their play should accept a reasonable challenge if offered or they should just STFU.Talk is cheap, anyone can sit behind the annonymity of their computer and talk about how lousy you play and how much better they are. If you don't accept a reasonable mutually agreed upon challenge then what's the point in babbling on about how you play or would have played better?So since one poster claimed that Zim wouldn't/didn't see the challenge since the post was in a topic moved to the bad beat forum.So he should see it here, so here it is again, modified to make it more interesting:1. We play at Pokerstars.2. We play ten multi-table tournaments with a $10 or $20 buy in. (Zim says this is where he rules)3. We play it like a skins game, whoever finishes higher in each tournament wins $50.00 from the other.4. Whoever wins a majority if, someone wins a majority out of ten, gets another $250.00.5. If someone finishes higher in all ten matches he pays the other an additional $500.00.6. Schedule of tournaments to be mutually agreed upon.7. At the conclusion of the 10th and final tournament, all monies must be paid immediately by a transfer into the winning players Pokerstars account.This challenge is open first to Zim. I am most certainly open to offering the same to anyone else, one taker at a time.So Zim, put up or shut up? This is a very reasonable challenge.Let me know!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYONE LIKES TO TALK CHIT, BUT THEY PROBABLY DONT EVEN PLAY POKER FOR REAL MONEY..I CAN ONLY PLAY ON POKERROOM AND WILL PLAY ANYONE FOR STAKES THAT BOTH PARTIES AGREE TOO.THATS ALL, NOW PUT UP OR STFU

I can't decide if this format is cool or stupid.I just thought of something. If all you have to do is place higher than your opponent in a S&G, it will completely change your strategies. I don't have time to go into it, but this doesn't make much sense to me. I picture a lot of sitting on chips and being forced to go all in at unreasonable times because of this format. Not a true measure of who is better.

I can't decide if this format is cool or stupid.I just thought of something. If all you have to do is place higher than your opponent in a S&G, it will completely change your strategies. I don't have time to go into it, but this doesn't make much sense to me. I picture a lot of sitting on chips and being forced to go all in at unreasonable times because of this format. Not a true measure of who is better.
EVERYONE LIKES TO TALK CHIT, BUT THEY PROBABLY DONT EVEN PLAY POKER FOR REAL MONEY..I CAN ONLY PLAY ON POKERROOM AND WILL PLAY ANYONE FOR STAKES THAT BOTH PARTIES AGREE TOO.THATS ALL, NOW PUT UP OR STFU
DAMN THE CAPS LOCK AND POOR PUNCTUATION AND POOR GRAMMAR SKILLS!!!!! MOSTLY JUST DAMN THE CAPS LOCK TO HELL!!
I have read a few of the topics today with great amusement.Certainly King was a little Nuts with the CAPS, he sounded whiny, and I certainly don't agree with his assesment that "that's not Poker" because losing to a suck out or bad play sure as hell is a part of poker.Having said that he made a challenge and I made one last week to Zimmer with no response, I would like to see just once the critics accept a reasonable challenge and then have the results posted here.When Daniel is challenged, he either puts up or shuts up. You don't see him get a challenge from Neverwin for example and then fold. He accepts it.Also there is nothing wrong with not accepting a challenge if it is not within a bankroll that you are comfortable with.Playing Action Jeff I challenged him and he offered stakes that I was not comfortable with so that made me the one unwilling to play. He was unwilling to play at a level that I was comfortable with. Now I certainly understand not playing above a level dollar wise that you are comfortable with, but if someone claims to be so good then they should certainly be willing to step down to shut the donkey up, within a reasonable level. Either folks who criticize others about their play should accept a reasonable challenge if offered or they should just STFU.Talk is cheap, anyone can sit behind the annonymity of their computer and talk about how lousy you play and how much better they are. If you don't accept a reasonable mutually agreed upon challenge then what's the point in babbling on about how you play or would have played better?So since one poster claimed that Zim wouldn't/didn't see the challenge since the post was in a topic moved to the bad beat forum.So he should see it here, so here it is again, modified to make it more interesting:1. We play at Pokerstars.2. We play ten multi-table tournaments with a $10 or $20 buy in. (Zim says this is where he rules)3. We play it like a skins game, whoever finishes higher in each tournament wins $50.00 from the other.4. Whoever wins a majority if, someone wins a majority out of ten, gets another $250.00.5. If someone finishes higher in all ten matches he pays the other an additional $500.00.6. Schedule of tournaments to be mutually agreed upon.7. At the conclusion of the 10th and final tournament, all monies must be paid immediately by a transfer into the winning players Pokerstars account.This challenge is open first to Zim. I am most certainly open to offering the same to anyone else, one taker at a time.So Zim, put up or shut up? This is a very reasonable challenge.Let me know!
you don't know how lucky you are that AKAconditioner is not around.

I gotta say... Sounds like a fair challenge and although I dont know the back ground to the beef... Seems to me the dude better step up to the plate. If it goes down make sure you publicise when and where... I think we should have more of these things. Stop all the BS chest pumping, smack talking etc etc.

Its very +ev to challenge perhaps the most successful tourney player on the forumVery smart and very +ev... :roll:
What do you base this on? His word of mouth?I am not trying to be a smartass I literally dont know any of the background of this.
I agree; it's an interesting idea, but it's not a very good measure of who is better. Being involved in this sort of contest would most likely effect how you played, especially at lower buy ins. If it was ten consecutive Sunday $200+15 tournaments on Stars/UB/wherever, where you know both players are just as interested in the actual tournament as they are in the side bet, then it might be more plausible. Patrick

thats the stupidest challenge ive ever heard of. Ill extend the challenge i made to splashmaster to you: im sure you will decline as he did. 4 of 7 HU NL matches on pokerstars - stakes anywhere up to $100 per match. no quit bond must be made via $200 deposit to neutral third party - Jayweb has been suggested.

I don't think this is a good format personally. If you are challenging another player then wouldn't it make the most sense that you would play him and not a bunch of random people?

I don't think this is a good format personally. If you are challenging another player then wouldn't it make the most sense that you would play him and not a bunch of random people?
Depends what they are trying to accomplish.How about they crossbook each other for like... 10 tournaments?

last longer deals are silly.Far fetched example, the first two tournaments have 1000 players.You finish 412th in the first, and 945th in the 2nd. No cashesZimmer finishes 556th in the first, and 1st in the 2nd.According to the rules, you're tied.Seems rather silly, no?

Mommy won't let you download any poker software eh King?? Or should I say my little princess.....
Mommy won't let you download any poker software eh King?? Or should I say my little princess.....
that or he runs on a mac. its funnier your way though. :club:
Depends what they are trying to accomplish.How about they crossbook each other for like... 10 tournaments?
I didn't know the background of the challenge, i guess they are both tourney guys (well zim obviously). I still think they can come up with a better challenge though. And the bet with second set was ridiculous majorleag, sorry but zim was clearly right.

I agree it takes a slightly different perspective now I have read the back ground. Mr Carpe Diem did play the hand badly on 4th street I gotta say but still, respect due, he has put his money where his mouth is and called him out. Not convinced abut the structure, how about three head up, three sng and three mtt? I dunno... least it would be over quicker that way. I just wanna see some action now.