Oakland Raiders 09

Meh.Hey running backs, please don't get injured.Defense, please learn how to tackle a running back. This goes for you too Richard Seymour. Just shutup and put on your jersey.Coach, try not to punch the other coaches.Al Davis.....Broncos already ruined my Sunday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that the Raiders have gone through like 4 coaching staffs in 4 years and they have the same shitty end of game prevent defense.This seriously ruins my whole week.

Looked like the correct call to me, after seeing the exact replay they used to determine it wasn't a TD. Maybe the Raider Nation can find some more excuses when they come into Arrowhead and fall to 0-2.

Looked like the correct call to me, after seeing the exact replay they used to determine it wasn't a TD. Maybe the Raider Nation can find some more excuses when they come into Arrowhead and fall to 0-2.
lol just saw this, put a smile on my face. Jamarcus goes 7 for 24 and Chiefs still lose.

ya. Jamarcus russell is not a NFL QB. The raiders are just a laughing stock as it is.....but this team is never going to contend until this is corrected. I am amazed by raiders fans. You guys are seriously tough as nails. I can't stand this team, and they have absolutely nothing to do with my NFC north interests. It would be easier to be a lions fan than a raiders fan. Just think about that statement. So big ups to you guys for sticking with it.

ya. Jamarcus russell is not a NFL QB. The raiders are just a laughing stock as it is.....but this team is never going to contend until this is corrected. I am amazed by raiders fans. You guys are seriously tough as nails. I can't stand this team, and they have absolutely nothing to do with my NFC north interests. It would be easier to be a lions fan than a raiders fan. Just think about that statement. So big ups to you guys for sticking with it.
Who do you root for? How is it easier being a Lions fan? Also, its not like the Raiders have been bad forever. You can't abandon your team when they are going through a rough patch. There are a lot of bright spots especially on the defense to root for. I understand they are bad. It's just sports.... I'm not going to lose sleep at night if the Raiders are bad for the next 10 years. Disappointed yes, it is more fun when they are winning, but its just sports.Front office stuff does piss me off though, like how they wouldn't let Rich Gannon on the field because of stuff he has said about the team in the announcing booth. That is complete BS. Also, their hiring of coaches is horrible. Their draft picks are always weird, Al Davis sucks, etc. But whatever, I'm not going to become a Charger fan or anything.
Who do you root for? How is it easier being a Lions fan? Also, its not like the Raiders have been bad forever. You can't abandon your team when they are going through a rough patch. There are a lot of bright spots especially on the defense to root for. I understand they are bad. It's just sports.... I'm not going to lose sleep at night if the Raiders are bad for the next 10 years. Disappointed yes, it is more fun when they are winning, but its just sports.Front office stuff does piss me off though, like how they wouldn't let Rich Gannon on the field because of stuff he has said about the team in the announcing booth. That is complete BS. Also, their hiring of coaches is horrible. Their draft picks are always weird, Al Davis sucks, etc. But whatever, I'm not going to become a Charger fan or anything.
I'm not sure. I gave serious consideration to abandoning the Royals this season after 20 years of complete suckiness. If you are a big enough sports fan (you probably have bigger issues anyway) it can mess with you to be the laughing stock of the league. Every year hopes get high, and then crushed, it sucks.
I'm not sure. I gave serious consideration to abandoning the Royals this season after 20 years of complete suckiness. If you are a big enough sports fan (you probably have bigger issues anyway) it can mess with you to be the laughing stock of the league. Every year hopes get high, and then crushed, it sucks.
I see your point. After rooting for a team for 20 years how can you just pick another team to root for though? You are stuck with them.
I know you can't abandon your team. I'm a cubs fan. I vomit in my mouth year after year swearing them off forever, and I'm there in april year after year loving it. It just with the raiders Al Davis is just horrible. And he's not going anywhere, ever. He'll literally live 20 more years and never relinquish control of the team. I mean I loathe Jim Hendry (Cubs GM) for all his moronic decisions, and pray that he'll get canned under the new ownership, but even then at least he's not the judge and jury of the sinking ship. And i think he even gets that he's failing. I'm convinced that Al Davis is living in 2001 (whatever year they went to the SB) and is blind to the joke of a situation he's put this team in currently.I agree it's not the end of the world. But man, this team is just horrible.
  • 2 weeks later...
WORST QB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gdfkjdsljdsfljfdsjdfsp
This isn't hyperbole. He is the worst starting QB of all time. WHo's a biggger bust, Alex Smith or Jamarcus Russell? They are going to go down in history as the two biggests busts of all time.
This isn't hyperbole. He is the worst starting QB of all time. WHo's a biggger bust, Alex Smith or Jamarcus Russell? They are going to go down in history as the two biggests busts of all time.
Ryan Leaf is still the gold standard for me. But wow Russell sucks. Wife is a Giants fan so we watched the first half of the Giants/Raiders game today. It was embarassing. Goodell should strip the franchise from Al Davis for the good of the game. It was a travesty. CBS switched to a different game at the half.Russell is so inaccurate.....how did that not show up in college? Terrible.
Ryan Leaf is still the gold standard for me. But wow Russell sucks. Wife is a Giants fan so we watched the first half of the Giants/Raiders game today. It was embarassing. Goodell should strip the franchise from Al Davis for the good of the game. It was a travesty. CBS switched to a different game at the half.Russell is so inaccurate.....how did that not show up in college? Terrible.
Leaf might be a gold standard, but he was at least the 2nd pick, not the first over all. And Alex Smith.. how the **** did a weak armed quarterback from a gimmick system, on a non-bcs team become the first pick. who the hell ever thought he could be an NFL qb? At least Russell is tall with a huge arm..
I've been listening a lot to ESPN radio lately and a topic that keeps coming up is that the Raiders staff all around is so bad that they can't develop new players. The college game is so different from the NFL that lots of players especially QB's need to be developed. I'm not saying Jamarcus would be good on a different team, but there is always that possibility. All of their star draft picks haven't turned out to be anything that great. To be fair Smith was projected #1 from what I remember. The QB is the toughest position to tell if they are going to be good transitioning from college to the NFL. In my opinion it isn't worth it to ever take a QB #1.
To be fair Smith was projected #1 from what I remember. The QB is the toughest position to tell if they are going to be good transitioning from college to the NFL. In my opinion it isn't worth it to ever take a QB #1.
I disagree with pretty much all of this. All positions are difficult to project... booms and busts are roughly the same for all positions.. here's a list of the first over all QB picks of the last 30 years.. sure, there are some busts on here, but there is also Elway, Manning etc.. there are more pro bowlers on this list than busts. Stafford, russell, alex smith, eli, Palmer, Carr, Vick, Couch, peyton, bledsoe, george, Aikman, testaverde, elway.Now, the issue currently is that first over all QB's eat up so much of your salary cap, that they are even higher risk now. But they are also the highest reward. If you get a franchise QB like manning, you can pencil yourself in for at least 10 wins a season for 10 years. I wouldn't have risked a 1st over all on a player like Smith, but I would have on Russell, he was a great talent. 15 years from now, Miami/St Louis passing on Matt ryan for Long and Long may go down as the Sam Bowie/Jordan of the NFL. QB's are just to important, you have to take the risk.
I disagree with pretty much all of this. All positions are difficult to project... booms and busts are roughly the same for all positions.. here's a list of the first over all QB picks of the last 30 years.. sure, there are some busts on here, but there is also Elway, Manning etc.. there are more pro bowlers on this list than busts. Stafford, russell, alex smith, eli, Palmer, Carr, Vick, Couch, peyton, bledsoe, george, Aikman, testaverde, elway.Now, the issue currently is that first over all QB's eat up so much of your salary cap, that they are even higher risk now. But they are also the highest reward. If you get a franchise QB like manning, you can pencil yourself in for at least 10 wins a season for 10 years. I wouldn't have risked a 1st over all on a player like Smith, but I would have on Russell, he was a great talent. 15 years from now, Miami/St Louis passing on Matt ryan for Long and Long may go down as the Sam Bowie/Jordan of the NFL. QB's are just to important, you have to take the risk.
Yea there arent to many franchise QB's that have not been a top 5 pick. Brees is the only non first rounder I can think of in the last 10 years that has been very good. There are top end draft busts at every position.

I'm not saying players can't be busts at other positions. I just think it is harder to tell with QB's.Niners sucked ass today too.Bay area sucks right now. All we have is the Sharks and they are chokers.