Aces In A Weird Spot

ok so i played a live tourney earlier and this hand came up. want some feedback as not sure what i should be doing. its jsut started so all our stacks are ~15k at 50/100. utg raises, utg+1 flats, mp1 jams, sb calls, i look down at AA. i mean are we ever folding here? what are the chances we hold. i think this could be a spot whre we just sigh fold and wait fora better spot. my line was that at least one other was going to call and AA 4way pretty much sucks. thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if we are chopping with someone or praying to hold, the math is we build a much bigger stack a lot. I mean i instantly call and pray for a monster stack so i can win the tourny. We can NEVER fold here we have the best hand in holdem. I realize it is a gambol to hold 3 or 4 way but seriously if you fold this i will cry a bit. And a child in africa will die when you fold AA pre every single time! it is impossible to ever not have correct equity to call and all in pre for your whole stack with AA, EVER!!!! i mean shit you have 3k posts, i am not trying to be an ass here but are you ****ing serious!

Oh, he's serious!!!!There is logic though. Often you will have 2 hands with AA and one with KK. That means the KK hand has 2 outs and we have none. That can't be good.
we are a 3 to 1 favorite against anything that has outs thou! WTF!

rrumsey, if you think getting it in is correct here i think you have to take a long hard look and re-evaluate your position and knowledge on the game.

So this isn't the first hand of the main event?! mehhhh I think its pretty close. Folding prolly being the safest option, though it is a bit weak...i think its what a lot of higher stake mtt players are advocating. We don't want to risk our tournament live in a multiway pot when someone has a sneaky hand to suck out on you like 87s or something like that. Lets just play to make it deeper in the tourney

even if we are chopping with someone or praying to hold, the math is we build a much bigger stack a lot. I mean i instantly call and pray for a monster stack so i can win the tourny. We can NEVER fold here we have the best hand in holdem. I realize it is a gambol to hold 3 or 4 way but seriously if you fold this i will cry a bit. And a child in africa will die when you fold AA pre every single time! it is impossible to ever not have correct equity to call and all in pre for your whole stack with AA, EVER!!!! i mean shit you have 3k posts, i am not trying to be an ass here but are you ****ing serious!
i mean. isn't the best hand in holdem a royal? my hand is at the bottom of the rankings. one pair! also you cant win a tournament in the first hand right?

whatever, you all are dead to me! except trueace! :club:

n1284353643_30116737_8127.jpg
totally nailed it! im busted! or should i say my triple chin is busted! look out im going to eat you all!
anything other than folding here is just fawking ridiculous.
im so sure they are joshing us. and donk4life doesnt ever miss a spot to call me an idiot! hahah! and @ donk4life: change it up every now and then and say: thats teeaarrrible, you a knucklehead! ( god i love sir charles!)charles-barkley-savage-thumbcopy.jpg
Oh, he's serious!!!!There is logic though. Often you will have 2 hands with AA and one with KK. That means the KK hand has 2 outs and we have none. That can't be good.
To take the flip side, isnt it possible that the two jamming has KK, which case they are drawing near dead to us(only hit a straight). I can also easily see one have AK, one having KK, in which case again unless they hit a straight we are winners. So there is more chances than not that we aer still way ahead. I've been in tourny's where people shove first hand with nothing and get called by Ak, AQ, JJ+... So we are still huge fav's to them... Or is the tourny neg is talking about the med/high stake tournys where there isnt as many donks?Kosin Trouble
To take the flip side, isnt it possible that the two jamming has KK, which case they are drawing near dead to us(only hit a straight). I can also easily see one have AK, one having KK, in which case again unless they hit a straight we are winners. So there is more chances than not that we aer still way ahead. I've been in tourny's where people shove first hand with nothing and get called by Ak, AQ, JJ+... So we are still huge fav's to them... Or is the tourny neg is talking about the med/high stake tournys where there isnt as many donks?Kosin Trouble
what about flushes!
This is correct, hence he's never shoving a wide enough range here for us to call