Would Have Put The Villian On Aa?

Hand #40888749-27 at Sat745pmBeAPro-089 (No Limit tournament Hold'em)Started at 24/Mar/07 20:21:23 flgranma is at seat 0 with 1490. mar j is at seat 1 with 2105. irishbob41 is at seat 2 with 3295. golfcj44 is at seat 3 with 1745. I70toI15 is at seat 5 with 1395. Melmak is at seat 6 with 1670. Ukosumu is at seat 7 with 2095. TOM_UTT_1 is at seat 8 with 1205. The button is at seat 6. Ukosumu posts the small blind of 15. TOM_UTT_1 posts the big blind of 30. flgranma: -- -- mar j: -- -- irishbob41: -- -- golfcj44: -- -- I70toI15: -- -- Melmak: -- -- Ukosumu: Ks 7s TOM_UTT_1: -- --Pre-flop: flgranma folds. mar j folds. irishbob41 folds. golfcj44 folds. I70toI15 folds. Melmak calls. Ukosumu calls. TOM_UTT_1 checks. Flop (board: 7c Kh Ad): Ukosumu bets 90. TOM_UTT_1 folds. Melmak calls. Turn (board: 7c Kh Ad 7d): Ukosumu bets 270. Melmak calls. River (board: 7c Kh Ad 7d 6d): Ukosumu checks. Melmak goes all-in for 1280. Ukosumu calls. Tournament all-in showdown -- players show: Melmak shows As Ah. Ukosumu shows Ks 7s. Showdown: Melmak has As Ah 7c Ad 7d: full house, aces full of sevens. Ukosumu has Ks 7s 7c Kh 7d: full house, sevens full of kings. Hand #40888749-27 Summary: No rake is taken for this hand. Melmak wins 3370 with full house, aces full of sevens.

Nobody would I don't think. Fact is he was slow playing rockets, and it's gonna bite him in the *** over the long run. I can see why he would want to slow play them against the 2 blinds cause he wants more action. If he slow plays them selectively, he may not get stung as much...But, you flopped 2 pair, and if their was no Ace on the board, would he have seen it till the end and called your all in? That's the real question you should ask. Would you have paid to see your mistake, slow playing aces and letting someone get a better hand than you cheaply? You probably would, and that's where you get burned.In this case OP, you were just destined to lose. In your position, I would have probably read him for an Ace-rag, and done the same as you.Moral of the story, never slow play big pocket pairs. Always raise the stakes because over the long run, donkeys who pay the higher stakes each time on rag hands and draw out on you 2 or 3 out of 10 attempts, are losing players. Don't feel bad. He got lucky by having the best hand hold up by improving as you improved and was always ahead of you.

Limping with a top hand... I've actually seen this sort of thing in various B&M tourneys. It's the latest fad... though it's mostly old men who like to slowplay premium pockets.Having been beat by so many dubious donk pushes, I've learned to look at such a push and ask, "What can beat what I have right now?" If you can come up with 2-3 plausible answers to that question, you should probably lay it down. But now you know... kids these days are limping with AA and KK, so you can't eliminate those hands when analyzing a preflop limper's push anymore. Here, AA, the unlikely KK (given one K is on the board and you're holding another), and any diamond pocket (thanks to a runner-runner flush) has you beat here.This actually reminds me of the time I played a local B&M tourney, and, holding J7, completed from the SB about an hour in with 4 other limpers. Flop comes down K-J-x rainbow and I bet out 1/2-pot. with two callers. River comes down a 7 and I push all-in. One of the others calls, and turns over KK! He either limped with KK or switched cards with someone, either way WTF is he doing limping in with KK?You could also say WTF was I doing pushing with 2nd two-pair, sure, but still, limping with KK!

What can you do there? Nothing. He made a good play on the river by looking like he was trying to steal the pot when you checked.
The real sick part was the check on the river was for him to do what he did. Only I was thinking he may have a flush or try to run me off with Ax. I know it is just a cooler of a hand just sucked to be behind the whole way when I thought I was ahead. :club:

why are you checking the river?The only draw on the flop is QJ or TJ, but I doubt he's calling 270 with a draw. (so, I see little missed draws that he bluffs.)So, why not lead out and get value from a weaker K or Ace-rag.And, why are you betting the pot on both flop and (especially) turn, draw light board and you are way ahead most always, let him call with weaker hands.

Here, AA, the unlikely KK (given one K is on the board and you're holding another), and any diamond pocket (thanks to a runner-runner flush) has you beat here.
Only two hands had me beat KK or AA. My fullhouse (7s over Ks) took care of the runner flush. Wish I would have read your KK story before that hand. Although, I doubt it would have changed my actions at least the thought of AA would have crossed my mind.
Why you playing K7?
In the small blind with no raise ... thought I would see a flop.We see where it got me. Oh yea and it was soooted! :club:
Only two hands had me beat KK or AA. My fullhouse (7s over Ks) took care of the runner flush. Wish I would have read your KK story before that hand. Although, I doubt it would have changed my actions at least the thought of AA would have crossed my mind.
Ah, you're right. Nevermind about the flush then.Really, don't beat yourself up too much about this. This was a tricky play by the villain, and to be honest it actually punishes him in the long run, as he gives others the chance to outdraw his KK and AA when he does this.

OMG SOMEONE PLAYED AA IN A MANNER YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT!!! HOLY CRAP!!! WHAT AN IDIOT HE IS!!! GET OVER IT! you couldnt have gottern away from the hand after you hit the 3rd 7. move on to the next game.

OMG SOMEONE PLAYED AA IN A MANNER YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT!!! HOLY CRAP!!! WHAT AN IDIOT HE IS!!! GET OVER IT! you couldnt have gottern away from the hand after you hit the 3rd 7. move on to the next game.
Rough day at the office?
Relax dude ... just thought it was an interesting hand. Hope all is well for you and your meds come in shortly.

haha.....every day is a rough day at the office. just tired of people's post like this. he played the cards in a manner you wouldnt expect......thats the point! granted in tournies...in the "long run" that may not be the best play.....he played it deceptive and got lucky good for him. give him a nod and move on.

haha.....every day is a rough day at the office. just tired of people's post like this. he played the cards in a manner you wouldnt expect......thats the point! granted in tournies...in the "long run" that may not be the best play.....he played it deceptive and got lucky good for him. give him a nod and move on.
I do agree with you there, just a bad stroke of luck for the OP....I don't think anyone gets away from that hand, except for maybe.......Eric Ryland?