Chicago Bulls

Season kicks off tonight against OKC.Here are some random predictions for the Bulls this year:

• They will win 50+ games.
  • Rose will average at least 8 apg but will see small a decrease in scoring.
  • The Bulls will surprise people with their depth. Gibson and Johnson will show much improvement, and Omer Asik will emerge as a solid center off the bench.
  • Deng will shoot >40% from three this year.
  • The Bulls will lose in the second round of the playoffs to the Heat.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some random predictions for the Bulls this year:
  • Rose will average at least 8 apg but will see small a decrease in scoring.

Not if he keeps putting up 31 shots a game. Jesus. Note: I didn't see the game. Related note: I love looking through basketball box scores, especially when they've got the +/- stat. For example, DeMarcus Cousins was +18 in a one point win. Even though Luis Scola (!) scored 36 for the Rockets in their four point loss, he had the worst +/- at -10. Ersan Ilyasova (who?) of the Bucks played 16 minutes and was -17; Larry Sanders of the same Bucks only played 4 minutes and was +11. The entire Blazers starting group had double digit + numbers while not a single bench player was positive.
Not if he keeps putting up 31 shots a game. Jesus.
He was going to the rim early and was dominating the game. But he decided to start taking jump shots later in the game, a lot of which were forced. I'm happy that he has this much confidence in his own shot, but not even established shooters would have taken some of the shots he did.The 2 spot on this team is basically a black hole on offense. The Bulls are really going to struggle to score at times until Boozer comes back with no one that can create their own offense outside of Rose.
Related note: I love looking through basketball box scores, especially when they've got the +/- stat. For example, DeMarcus Cousins was +18 in a one point win. Even though Luis Scola (!) scored 36 for the Rockets in their four point loss, he had the worst +/- at -10. Ersan Ilyasova (who?) of the Bucks played 16 minutes and was -17; Larry Sanders of the same Bucks only played 4 minutes and was +11. The entire Blazers starting group had double digit + numbers while not a single bench player was positive.
His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.
He was going to the rim early and was dominating the game. But he decided to start taking jump shots later in the game, a lot of which were forced. I'm happy that he has this much confidence in his own shot, but not even established shooters would have taken some of the shots he did.The 2 spot on this team is basically a black hole on offense. The Bulls are really going to struggle to score at times until Boozer comes back with no one that can create their own offense outside of Rose.
Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
Any time you can overpay a guy like Joakim Noah, you gotta pull the trigger.
I am one of the few pro-Melo Bulls fans.
I understand why they didn't want to do it, but jeez, make Boozer man up and play a position that requires a little more effort for the better of the team. We won't be able to see how their current decision plays out until Boozer gets fully integrated, obviously, but how many teams are turning down 'Melo?Note: I can read, and am not directing this at you bigkg.

Agree 100%. The Bulls upgraded but are still clearly 4th in the East. Maybe Carmelo works out maybe not but at least you give yourself a chance. Locking up all that cap room on a role player (though a good one) has consigned the Bulls to being an afterthought imo.

His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
No one is a bigger Carmelo guy than me, but you can't give up Noah to get him.
No one is a bigger Carmelo guy than me, but you can't give up Noah to get him.
where do you see him ending up? i just cant see him anywhere but the knicks. i mean who has what the nuggs would want and would be willing to part with it?
where do you see him ending up? i just cant see him anywhere but the knicks. i mean who has what the nuggs would want and would be willing to part with it?
Jersey if they can involve the right 3rd team.

Nice win tonight against the Blazers, Deng scoring 40 is very promising.After three games there are a few things that are starting to worry me a little. The Bulls are fouling at a fairly high rate. This could just be them getting used to a new defensive system with Thibodeau, but it's certainly something to look out for. Their free-throw shooting has been pretty bad. Over their three games they have shot 13/22, 22/31 and 19/32, respectively. These are things that can be fixed, so they may not that big of a deal quite yet.

I would love to see him go to Chicago for Deng and whatever junk they won't need once they have him, but I think he'll probably go to NY. I can't see him agreeing to an extension with the Nets, especially since they have to play in New Jersey for one more year I believe.My wet dream scenario:Carmelo goes to NYMiami loses to Boston this yearLakers beat Boston againMiami gets to the Finals in 2012Lakers beat MiamiChris Paul signs with NYNY beats Miami the next 4 yearsKobe completes his 6-peat at the GardenKobe tells MJ to suck itKobe retiresKobe moves to Europe to playNBA merges with EuroleaguesKobe wins 2 more titlesArmageddon
My wet dream scenario:Carmelo goes to NYMiami loses to Boston this yearLakers beat Boston againMiami gets to the Finals in 2012Lakers beat MiamiChris Paul signs with NYNY beats Miami the next 4 yearsKobe completes his 6-peat at the GardenKobe tells MJ to suck itKobe retiresKobe moves to Europe to playNBA merges with EuroleaguesKobe wins 2 more titlesArmageddon
oh my. well forget any nonsense i may or may not have posted the other day. i want this.
Why would you want to play your best players the last 5 minutes? Way to go Thibodeau, bring back Del Negro.
Lets not say things we can't take back!!But yeah, I think being within 10 and 5min left means you've got a shot. Not sure why you want to keep ****ing Watson on the floor for more than 2 minutes EVER. He's awful.

I was watching the game. I like the Bulls.... it was frustrating. The TNT announcers justification of why it was a good move to leave Rose and Noah on the bench sounded completely retarded. I'd be outraged if I was at that game.Also... who was that f'er on the Knicks who couldn't miss a shot? I've never heard of him.

Also... who was that f'er on the Knicks who couldn't miss a shot? I've never heard of him.
Tony Douglas, that run he went on was just insane.The whole keeping the starters on the bench thing was odd. Portland did the exact same thing against the Bulls only a few days ago.
Lets not say things we can't take back!!But yeah, I think being within 10 and 5min left means you've got a shot. Not sure why you want to keep ****ing Watson on the floor for more than 2 minutes EVER. He's awful.
Well, it's inexcusable. That's strike 1 for him, though. If he does it again, he should only get 2 strikes and he's gone. Some basketball people said when he got hired he might be a career assistant but he deserves a shot anyway. The mistake he made tonight is something a career assistant makes.