Newsweek Article On Palin

My friend has written an essay on Sarah Palin in Newsweek:http://www.newsweek.com/id/160080/page/1Sam is an atheist with a record of no-holds-barred confrontation of religion, so Daniel for one is not going to agree with that part of it, but I think he does a good job cutting through some of the nonsense surrounding her.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Sullivan, longtime conservative journalist, said it best: Sarah Palin is a farce being perpetrated on the American people.
This guy stole my quote -- I say something similar except it goes like this .. "Barrack Obama is a farce being perpetrated on the American people."
This guy stole my quote -- I say something similar except it goes like this .. "Barrack Obama is a farce being perpetrated on the American people."
yep, Obama is just your typical Columbia/Harvard law, constitutional law professor turned state senator turned US senator farce. Dime a dozen.
Another lemming merrily headed over the cliff of Republican mediocrity.
yep, Obama is just your typical Columbia/Harvard law, constitutional law professor turned state senator turned US senator farce. Dime a dozen.
Constiutional law professor that doesnt know how to read and interpret a law, I'll give you that.95% of that opinion piece could have been written substituting Obamas name, and the other 5% is worse.
Constiutional law professor that doesnt know how to read and interpret a law, I'll give you that.95% of that opinion piece could have been written substituting Obamas name, and the other 5% is worse.
most of that opinion piece focuses on Palin's lack of high-quality education and her religious fervor. so that 95% number is complete manure.And, yes, Obama kept his professor position all those years and then advanced this close to being the most powerful man in the world all while not being able to read and interpret laws. Are you trying to embrace your inner troll today or something?
most of that opinion piece focuses on Palin's lack of high-quality education and her religious fervor. so that 95% number is complete manure.And, yes, Obama kept his professor position all those years and then advanced this close to being the most powerful man in the world all while not being able to read and interpret laws. Are you trying to embrace your inner troll today or something?
No, I read his pathetic interpretation of Illinois law. And if you think that "high-quality education" is a clear indication that someone knows how to think and lead you dont know many Ivy League graduates. All an Ivy League diploma means is that you could get through high school with good grades and/or have good connections. Add in affirmative action going in and seeing him in action coming out, you can burn those diplomas.I'll take Eureka College over Harvard Law any day.
I'll take Eureka College over Harvard Law any day.
A wonderful microcosm of a look into the fundamental problems with our society and the fundamental divide between our citizens.This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen you write.
A wonderful microcosm of a look into the fundamental problems with our society and the fundamental divide between our citizens.This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen you write.
ORLY. Do you even understand the Eureka College reference?Careful now, someone might pull out the troll card on you. It seems to be your favorite discussion technique lately.
I'll take Eureka College over Harvard Law any day.
Now you're just being combative to be argumentative. If you actually believe this, then I just don't know what to say. I just think your hatred for Obama is blinding you from accepting reality. Obama is a bright guy.Not every Harvard graduate is going to be completely brilliant, but as a rule, they are going to be brighter than the average.Edit: I'm guessing Eureka College is some small, private institution of higher learning? Regardless, I still don't buy your argument.
ORLY. Do you even understand the Eureka College reference?Careful now, someone might pull out the troll card on you. It seems to be your favorite discussion technique lately.
the first thing I did after reading the first post was to google Eureka college. I perused their website....sounds like an interesting idea.I will still take the person who had to work hard and get exceptional grades their whole life to go to Harvard Law. Every time and twice on Sunday.
Now you're just being combative to be argumentative. If you actually believe this, then I just don't know what to say. I just think your hatred for Obama is blinding you from accepting reality. Obama is a bright guy.Not every Harvard graduate is going to be completely brilliant, but as a rule, they are going to be brighter than the average.Edit: I'm guessing Eureka College is some small, private institution of higher learning? Regardless, I still don't buy your argument.
actually every Harvard Law graduate is probably pretty brilliant. every harvard law undergrad is not. maybe not even most. Copernicus does not seem to realize that the high school grades and the influence of others (like how GWB got into Yale) does not really come into play on the grad school level. Despite what he saw in Legally Blonde, you cant just wake up senior year, 2nd semester and decide you want to go to Harvard or Yale law.I am starting to question wasting my time debating him the last couple months.
the first thing I did after reading the first post was to google Eureka college. I perused their website....sounds like an interesting idea.I will still take the person who had to work hard and get exceptional grades their whole life to go to Harvard Law. Every time and twice on Sunday.
What makes you think he had exceptional grades his whole life?Your (and Ron's) treasure hunt on Eureka College isnt over. It should be obvious.
What makes you think he had exceptional grades his whole life?Your (and Ron's) treasure hunt on Eureka College isnt over. It should be obvious.
mostly because people dont get into Columbia undergrad and then Harvard Law without a sterling academic record.You could pull off the first just by affirmative action and decent grades/scores.....or having influence (being a legacy). But not the second one.
mostly because people dont get into Columbia undergrad and then Harvard Law without a sterling academic record.You could pull off the first just by affirmative action and decent grades/scores.....or having influence (being a legacy). But not the second one.
When the Chicago political machine is behind your second one you certainly can.
I am starting to question wasting my time debating him the last couple months.
ummm, duh. Looks like Penn graduates and UofMiami Law Students are a little slow on the draw.
Cop, I thought you knew me better than that. You know I don't do research. Negro please.
Here's some help:
The school's main library, Melick Library, was named in honor of Wesley M. Melick and Clinton F. Melick. The building was dedicated on September 28, 1967 by California Governor and Eureka College alumnus Ronald Reagan. The school's most famous alumnus is President Ronald Reagan, who graduated in 1932.
I have to agree that "high quality Harvard education" doesn't mean much. Colleges are notoriously liberal, so good grades in a liberal college just means you swallowed the party line hook line and sinker.I'd rather vote for a high school dropout with a strong moral compass than all the over-educated soul-selling politicians in Washington.
When the Chicago political machine is behind your second one you certainly can.
He was sponsored by the Chicago political machine to get into Harvard Law? Really? Really?
I'd rather vote for a high school dropout with a strong moral compass than all the over-educated soul-selling politicians in Washington.
Ladies and Gentleman, the problem with our country today.Thank you and goodnight.high school dropouts with a strong moral compass vs over-educated "soul-selling" politicians. Kind of a loaded statement no?lot's of GED recipients have the smarts to be politicians and have strong moral compasses.
Ladies and Gentleman, the problem with our country today.Thank you and goodnight.high school dropouts with a strong moral compass vs over-educated "soul-selling" politicians. Kind of a loaded statement no?
truth hurts, eh?
Ladies and Gentleman, the problem with our country today.Thank you and goodnight.high school dropouts with a strong moral compass vs over-educated "soul-selling" politicians. Kind of a loaded statement no?
I am imposing a self ban on myself from this forum for the rest of the day otherwise my head might asplode. We want elite people running everything in this country except the government apparently.Thank god for the NFL.