Annie Duke And Phil Helmuth Both Leave Ub

from wickedchops.http://wickedchopspoker.com/In a move that surprises no one, Phil Hellmuth and UB have announced they are parting ways today.In a move that surprises some, Annie Duke has announced she’s leaving UB as well.The timing of the announcements today obviously aren’t a coincidence. UB has a history for releasing big news during dead press times (Exhibit A: super-user list on 9/11), and this is something that must’ve been in the works for awhile between the parties.Having said that, this feels like a win-win-win for everyone involved. For UB to effectively move from the past, cutting ties with Hellmuth and Duke (and of course, Excapsa) was a must.And for Hellmuth and Duke to shake the dirt off their shoulders from the UltimateBet super-user scandal and rebuild their reps, leaving UB was a must as well.UB is moving in a different direction with their team and marketing efforts, building up more of a youth-orientated squad headlined by Eric Baldwin, Adam “Roothlus” Levy, and Maria Ho. We expect this trend and complete remodeling of the team to continue in the near future.What’s next for Hellmuth and Duke? That’s not as obvious. Although one person who has to be happy about this is Hellmuth’s agent, Brian Balsbaugh at Poker Royalty. Love him or hate him, Hellmuth is the biggest needle mover on TV for poker. A deal with any number of sites (U.S. or non-U.S. facing)– or perhaps some new venture– feels almost inevitable for Hellmuth. The only question is how fast will he be scooped?Also, if Hellmuth actually does land on Dancing with the Stars and manages to last a few weeks, that would absolutely broaden his appeal to other poker–or more mainstream–sponsors as well.As for Duke, she’s done a great job positioning herself for more mainstream opportunities, and we could see her expanding past the traditional online poker sponsorship opportunities.Anyway, it should be an interesting few months for Hellmuth, Duke, and UB.Expect a podcast with Team UB member Joe Sebok about all of the changes later tonight or tomorrow. We will try to land a podcast with Hellmuth, or his agent Brian Balsbaugh, early next week.Read Duke’s statement here.Read Hellmuth’s statement here.

Hellmuth is starting to teach for the WSOP so that one would not surprise me at all

Interesting. Obviously this is not a coincidence that they quit on the same day. Something smells fishy in poker world
Perhaps another cheating scandal ??......hope not.....but seems odd & sudden they both depart at the same time....just my paranoid side speaking

Sounds to me like a simple coincidence.Picture12-1.png

This probably only makes sense to me but wouldn't Hellmuth be a great fit at Pokerstars? Pokerstars love their big "signature" signings. Folk like Daniel, Isildur and every WSOP champion they can get their hands on. Hell even they should even sign Annie Duke just to stick it to Howard Lederer.

This probably only makes sense to me but wouldn't Hellmuth be a great fit at Pokerstars? Pokerstars love their big "signature" signings. Folk like Daniel, Isildur and every WSOP champion they can get their hands on. Hell even they should even sign Annie Duke just to stick it to Howard Lederer.
I think Lederer would try and match or exceed any deal Stars would give his sister.I would bet money that Hellmuth ends up at Stars.
I think Lederer would try and match or exceed any deal Stars would give his sister.I would bet money that Hellmuth ends up at Stars.
you take Stars and I'll take the field for $20?

only problem I'd see with Hellmuth and Stars is that Hellmuth might feel too big to share the spotlight. He seems like the type that would rather be the only big player affiliated with a medium size site as opposed to one of the biggest players affiliated with the biggest site.