Sorry Guys Need To Bitch About A Bad Beat

looking for some feedback pls, I know it's a bad beat, or I played it badly perhaps but I need some feed back, this hand put me on total tilt, as I was in the top 4 at the time. 1st thought I raised to 480pre flop play, my notes have her a loose caller, which means I should have put her on suited, or connecting cardspost flop shows straight or possible flush so I made the bet what I thought was big enough and looking at her stack size to make her think about committing a chunk of her stack, but obviously the flop hit her well, the turn I figure might of been in my favorthe river sdfghjkmaybe just too aggresive for my own good , I need to back off when the board reads straight and flush where my bullets can get busted. PokerStars Game #51116126566: Tournament #315615657, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (60/120) - 2010/10/14 22:32:56 ETTable '315615657 6' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: postiespice (1675 in chips) Seat 2: rcgs59 (5745 in chips) Seat 3: mahgenta (1465 in chips) Seat 4: ryg&rjm (3500 in chips) Seat 5: lookbakatit (4230 in chips) Seat 6: joybell (2155 in chips) Seat 7: babyx62 (3210 in chips) Seat 8: LauraFelix (4060 in chips) Seat 9: MASSIEL (3195 in chips) postiespice: posts the ante 15rcgs59: posts the ante 15mahgenta: posts the ante 15ryg&rjm: posts the ante 15lookbakatit: posts the ante 15joybell: posts the ante 15babyx62: posts the ante 15LauraFelix: posts the ante 15MASSIEL: posts the ante 15joybell: posts small blind 60babyx62: posts big blind 120*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rcgs59 [Ac Ad]LauraFelix: folds MASSIEL: folds postiespice: calls 120rcgs59: raises 360 to 480mahgenta: folds ryg&rjm: calls 480lookbakatit: folds joybell: folds babyx62: folds postiespice: calls 360*** FLOP *** [7h 9s 8s]postiespice: checks rcgs59: bets 840ryg&rjm: calls 840postiespice: calls 840*** TURN *** [7h 9s 8s] [2h]postiespice: bets 340 and is all-inrcgs59: raises 740 to 1080ryg&rjm: calls 1080*** RIVER *** [7h 9s 8s 2h] [2s]rcgs59: checks ryg&rjm: bets 600rcgs59: calls 600*** SHOW DOWN ***ryg&rjm: shows [Qs Ts] (a flush, Queen high)rcgs59: mucks hand ryg&rjm collected 2680 from side potpostiespice: mucks hand ryg&rjm collected 5295 from main potpostiespice finished the tournament in 51st place*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 7975 Main pot 5295. Side pot 2680. | Rake 0 Board [7h 9s 8s 2h 2s]Seat 1: postiespice mucked [Js Jh]Seat 2: rcgs59 mucked [Ac Ad]Seat 3: mahgenta folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: ryg&rjm showed [Qs Ts] and won (7975) with a flush, Queen highSeat 5: lookbakatit (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: joybell (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: babyx62 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: LauraFelix folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: MASSIEL folded before Flop (didn't bet)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm OCD. Had to do it:feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$0.50) t60/t120 ante t15 - 9 playersMP postiespice: t1,675 MP2 Hero: t5,745 HJ mahgenta: t1,465 CO ryg&rjm: t3,500 Button lookbakatit: t4,230 SB joybell: t2,155 BB babyx62: t3,210 UTG LauraFelix: t4,060 UTG+1 MASSIEL: t3,195 Preflop: (t315) Hero is MP2 with :qh:club: (9 players)2 folds, postiespice calls t120, Hero raises to t480, mahgenta folds, ryg&rjm calls t480, 3 folds, postiespice calls t360Flop: (t1,755) :5c:D:3h (3 players)postiespice checks, Hero bets t840, ryg&rjm calls t840, postiespice calls t840Turn: (t4,275) :D (3 players)postiespice bets t340 and is all-in, Hero raises to t1080, ryg&rjm calls t1080River: (t6,775) :D (3 players)Hero checks, ryg&rjm bets t600, Hero calls t600postiespice mucked :D :jhHero mucked :jh :adryg&rjm showed :4h:ts, and won (7975) with a flush, Queen highryg&rjm won t7975

jam turn rose. But its played fine besides that.
thx, I did considered that but I think she still would have called most of these girls I noticed are such calling stations and don't really respect big raises but there are a few who are good the ones with silver stars and higher that will back off with most cbetting or rerasing. DiamondDixi and I have been keeing stats on all the girls we play against, this one must be new because neither of us had notes on her. I was in 4th place prior to this hand, and most of the other girls were folding to my cb or rerasing. The hand that took me out, was also against her. I was on the button with pocket 99's vs her KQhh, I shoved, she called me which I would of done the same, of course she hit a Q on flop good bye me. I noticed most of the girls in the top 30 were going out early yesterday, so that was good, and I cashed the night before, so hopefully my spot on the top 100 list is safe.
thx, I did considered that but I think she still would have called most of these girls I noticed are such calling stations and don't really respect big raises but there are a few who are good the ones with silver stars and higher that will back off with most cbetting or rerasing.
*sits up in seat, leans forward* "Holy crap, is...is this happening?"
DiamondDixi and I have been keeing stats on all the girls we play against, this one must be new because neither of us had notes on her. I was in 4th place prior to this hand, and most of the other girls were folding to my cb or rerasing. The hand that took me out, was also against her. I was on the button with pocket 99's vs her KQhh, I shoved, she called me which I would of done the same, of course she hit a Q on flop good bye me. I noticed most of the girls in the top 30 were going out early yesterday, so that was good, and I cashed the night before, so hopefully my spot on the top 100 list is safe.
*slumps back down* "Damn."

the numbers are climbing so it's getting over the 100 mark every night. Regardless still The game varies from donkeys to some decent players. It depends who is at the table, it's interesting with some of the players. Most of the silver stars and up there are some good plays made. Otherwise I have seen some pretty awful shit too.

DiamondDixi and I have been keeing stats on all the girls we play against, this one must be new because neither of us had notes on her.
It's the whole CR guys / Isildur thing all over again...
Msp bothers to take time to respond.Vtlax responds after with the same thing.Rcgs thanks vtlax for his response.friggen rcgs. So tilting.:-P
but vt did it in less words so he wins

Sorry Max, I didn't mean to ignore yours I did take both in honestly, and I don't hate you really I don't. You were right. I appreciated your time and advice really.As I do appreciate everyones when I post a hand for feedback.Any ways some good news. One of the things I do learn from playing the Neg Open is how to be more aggressive and how to play better. I have learned from everyone there. Sometimes it takes different things to teach me, I am more a hands on learner, thus learning from playing. My math skills are not the best in figuring out the best poker odds, that is my greatest weakest leak. As a nurse sure I can figure out IV dosages and medication dosages but poker odds yikes. Stud I have a way I was taught years ago on counting cards played, suits and what has been played, and do a semi count and percentage from that, but like I said it's my greatest leak. But today I just looked at the rankings of the Womens's Poker League on Stars and I have moved up again from 29th to 21st. We are averaging about 110 players a night which isn't to bad. The EPT game had 805 and I final tabled that one. I may not be a Liv or Vanessa, far from them, but I can hold my own, and if it wasn't for FCP, I would not be able to play as well as I do, so thanks to a lot of you guys, because I have learned something from all of you. Especially some of you who took time to point out certain things in my game. Special thx goes to people at the start like Gallo, Gatortom, even Kurt lol, Kobe, gumby, Lurbz, Max, tbricker,Tehtoe, highway, the ones I use to hang out on Aim with. There are too many to list but thanks to all. My ev may not show it. but I know my game, is better than a lot of those other women in that league. :club: I am proud to be a FCPerhttp://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/

I hope you're taking notes on my Neg-O play.
not just the Neg Open, I been taking notes of some of the final tables and other games I have rail you on. the neg open I figure you are more like donking on.When I rail others Like kobe, looshle, gibler, fluff, anyone at a final table I take notes on there play to learn.

feedback time folks please and tyI did cash in this game went out in 24th, but was in 18th at this handI am in SB position down to 3 tables big stack in BB, I have 87 suited , I raised to 1600 and got reraised for most of my stack which should have told me to get out of the hand, but I also felt that the BB was being a bully with the chip stack, and I like suited connectors in SB so I called, flop was in my favor for a flush draw so I thought I would shoved but only bet 800, but regardless still would have shoved. Lost the toss. My question is should I have called the reraise or folded, my guess folded. what would others do in this play.PokerStars Game #51321933141: Tournament #315615665, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) - 2010/10/18 23:29:56 ETTable '315615665 6' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 2: Lovn Colo (5910 in chips) Seat 3: salemspet (2576 in chips) Seat 4: Halfyear9 (17186 in chips) Seat 5: punkymonroe (4344 in chips) Seat 6: rcgs59 (5260 in chips) Seat 7: Save Some1 (18304 in chips) Seat 8: wrybagel (17049 in chips) Seat 9: Helene7 (12434 in chips) Lovn Colo: posts the ante 50salemspet: posts the ante 50Halfyear9: posts the ante 50punkymonroe: posts the ante 50rcgs59: posts the ante 50Save Some1: posts the ante 50wrybagel: posts the ante 50Helene7: posts the ante 50rcgs59: posts small blind 200Save Some1: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rcgs59 [8s 7s]wrybagel: calls 400Helene7: calls 400Lovn Colo: folds salemspet: folds Halfyear9: folds punkymonroe: folds rcgs59: raises 1200 to 1600Save Some1: raises 2623 to 4223wrybagel: folds Helene7: folds rcgs59: calls 2623*** FLOP *** [As 9s Ad]rcgs59: bets 800Save Some1: raises 800 to 1600rcgs59: calls 187 and is all-inUncalled bet (613) returned to Save Some1*** TURN *** [As 9s Ad] [5d]*** RIVER *** [As 9s Ad 5d] [Jd]*** SHOW DOWN ***rcgs59: shows [8s 7s] (a pair of Aces)Save Some1: shows [Kc Kd] (two pair, Aces and Kings)Save Some1 collected 11620 from potrcgs59 finished the tournament in 24th place and received $6.70.*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 11620 | Rake 0 Board [As 9s Ad 5d Jd]Seat 2: Lovn Colo folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: salemspet folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Halfyear9 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: punkymonroe (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: rcgs59 (small blind) showed [8s 7s] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 7: Save Some1 (big blind) showed [Kc Kd] and won (11620) with two pair, Aces and KingsSeat 8: wrybagel folded before FlopSeat 9: Helene7 folded before Flop

raising a third of your stack is bad, calling 80% is terrible. Its either limp, fold or shove preflop imo. Of course your shove is gonna get called there but as they say dont be results orientated.

hunny that was trbl
I figured it was, so instant fold or shove preflopmy guess instant fold