PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t1585)CO (t1185)Button (t1055)Hero (t3421)BB (t2300)UTG (t1375)UTG+1 (t1317)MP1 (t1480)MP2 (t1412)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :club: , Q :D . UTG raises to t120, 4 folds, CO calls t120, 1 fold, Hero ??????UTG seems solid, but haven't played many hands w/ him yet.What's your play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t1585)CO (t1185)Button (t1055)Hero (t3421)BB (t2300)UTG (t1375)UTG+1 (t1317)MP1 (t1480)MP2 (t1412)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :club: , Q :D . UTG raises to t120, 4 folds, CO calls t120, 1 fold, Hero ??????UTG seems solid, but haven't played many hands w/ him yet.What's your play?
well personally i push all in here, any substantial re-raise to say 400 [30+30+120+120+400=700] or so is decent but if either player comes over the top its almost a pot commited call [uTG 1371-700=671 giving about 2:1 odds on the call, and CO has even less than that] . CO probably doesnt have much since their not much action after him you can't expect him to limp with a big hand and UTG could have a range of hands, i'd put him more than likely AJ+ maybe 88 or better, KK or AA is a possibility, but not likely. so thats where i get my reasoning to push, their going to fold weak hands and you can pick up the pot or their going to call and most of the time your going to be a bigger favorite. if you just limp in and an A comes on the flop your likely to fold anyway, if you can win the pot now, and if all low cards come and their AK, AQ, AJ, AT dont connect their going to fold anyway. now that i think about it i guess a stop and pump wouldnt be a bad play either since your first to act. you could just call and if the flop is duds just put them all in and force them to call drawing at like 15-20% with overs or a lower pair.

I would flat call.....give him a chance to bluff his AK if the board comes up empty....then of course check raise. If the overs come up on the board you have outs if you come out betting and he repops you.

Raise to 400, they both aren't that deep and can't hurt you. If they shove you call, if not they will be crippeled by just calling and you will play for all of the chips on the flop. Smooth calling and letting weak A or K hit is horrible.

I would flat call.....give him a chance to bluff his AK if the board comes up empty....then of course check raise. If the overs come up on the board you have outs if you come out betting and he repops you.
why do you think he has AK and why are you betting out when overs hit the board?2 Qs are not "outs if he repops you" they're a 22-1 shot when you shouldn't have bet with overs on the board anyway and now should fold to his raise.

You have over 110 times the big blind, pushing all in preflop is a little ridiculous, when you can accomplish the same thing with a smaller re raise.Your going to be out of position for the rest of the hand, and you won't know where you stand if a king hits. This is a good reason to reraise big (but not all in) and try to end the hand now. I would raise 300 more, and if UTG shoves we can probably put him on aces or kings and let it go (We are NOT pot committed if he has an overpair). I think the CO would have reraised if he had us beat, so we don't have to worry about him IMO.Reraise to 320.

I'm raising to about 500 here, and calling a push from either player. Neither player "should" flat call your raise with their stacks and you might induce a push from UTG with 88-JJ hoping you have AK. Sometimes you run into an idiot that just doesn't want to fold AJ/AQ. Even better, I see CO flat call and then shove over a 3-bet with a small pair in this situation occasionally. Obviously AA and KK are in UTG's range, but a lot of players raise at least AJ+ and 99+ UTG nowadays making it a pretty standard raise/call situation. Although UTG raising 4x sort of makes me raise an eyebrow, as some players like to raise 4x with hands they're scared to play (1010-QQ) and others do it with KK and AA trying to build a bigger pot. With almost double the chips of each stack, I'm rarely folding QQ to a 4-bet by UTG...I guess I just see so many retarded plays that I don't think it's a profitable fold in a lot of situations. Especially early on. AK and JJ are almost never folding, so with those in the range it's hard to fold after you invest 1/3 of their stack. If one of them flat calls the raise, I might check call a push from either stack. I guess some villains will check behind with missed overs, but people are so bluff happy now that most push just about anything in a big pot if you check. Obviously if an A flops it sucks, but I still might check call a push. If we push into an A high flop, were only getting called by the A...so check calling actually lets villain try to push us off our hand when he thinks we don't have the ace. Obv c/c a A high flop isn't always wise, it's just better than pushing.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t1585)CO (t1185)Button (t1055)Hero (t3421)BB (t2300)UTG (t1375)UTG+1 (t1317)MP1 (t1480)MP2 (t1412)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :club: , Q :D . UTG raises to t120, 4 folds, CO calls t120, 1 fold, Hero ??????
Hero raises to 400, UTG reraises all in (1375), CO folds.... hero calls.What do you think Villain has here?
Is beartrap on crack?Just call the raise and bet the flop if you wish. Don't get crazy with QQ.
I don't hate his thinking, but I think it makes you lose value. If you push w/ QQ, in a $5 mtt you'll probably get called by JJ+, AKos, AKs... You're either racing or dominated a majority of the time. However, w/ my reraise, I probably am against the same range if they push... I think both plays are viable, but a reason you might just push is so you're not pushed off your hand. If this was deeper in the tourney, I might reraise here and fold to a push, but during the first hour of mtt's people are so anxious to build a big stack or bust out, it's not usually a good idea to fold QQ+ preflop very often. (dependant on reads)