Deadwood Not Too Bad Of A Show

Watched the first 2 episodes of Deadwood ( I know little bit behind on the TV schedule) but they weren't too bad, anybody else watch the show who can give insight on whether or not I should keep watching?? I rented them at the local video store, too expensive too keep renting so I figured if they were as good as the first 2 episodes I should just buy the season.

HAHA I hope u were referring to the dumbass bar owner's remarks.
nope, I was talking to you.of course I was referring to Al SwearinginBut that bar owner is the baddest man on tv
Why is that?
because Al IS The show.. he's the most complex character in the history of television. Labels like hero and villian get thrown out the window w/r/t Al. If you really just think he's the "dumbass at the bar" then stop watching, because all is the foundation of the show.

First season was good, 1/2 of the second season was good and then it just started sucking badly. I stopped watching it mainly because I can't stand listening to Clamidia Jane speak..."Fu**ing co**sucker give me some whiskey before I kick your co**sucking a*s fuc**ng blah blah". In my opinion it just stopped being funny and wandered around aimlessly. The first season is definitely worth watching though...it really was different.

because Al IS The show.. he's the most complex character in the history of television. Labels like hero and villian get thrown out the window w/r/t Al. If you really just think he's the "dumbass at the bar" then stop watching, because all is the foundation of the show.
QFT
Actually I only watched the first 2 episodes, AL sounds like a ****ing dickhead in my opinion I dont care what u say. A womanizing ****ing murderer, seems really complex to me.Don't answer my questions if your gonna flame.Thanks for the opinion to everyone else, my MAIN question, I was only asking if the show was any good after the 2nd episode. Just give an opinion and shut up.
Actually I only watched the first 2 episodes, AL sounds like a ****ing dickhead in my opinion I dont care what u say. A womanizing ****ing murderer, seems really complex to me.Don't answer my questions if your gonna flame.Thanks for the opinion to everyone else, my MAIN question, I was only asking if the show was any good after the 2nd episode. Just give an opinion and shut up.
are you one of those people who watches and likes a show, but still complains about how bad and immoral the main character is?
I wasn't flaming, you pea brained buffon, I was telling you what the show is like. Now I am flaming. I'm sorry if my answer doesn't please you, but Al IS THE FUKING SHOW. If you dont' like him, stop watching, most of the main plots revolve around him.
I wasn't flaming, you pea brained buffon, I was telling you what the show is like. Now I am flaming. I'm sorry if my answer doesn't please you, but Al IS THE FUKING SHOW. If you dont' like him, stop watching, most of the main plots revolve around him.
agreed

I got it from the library and burned the first and second seasons. I'm still watching the second season and I love the show.

I got it from the library and burned the first and second seasons. I'm still watching the second season and I love the show.
i looked for it at the local library by me but they didnt have it. I was gonna buy the 1-2 seasons but there too damn expensive.

Al's character gets much more complex as the series goes on. Everyone who has watched the 3 seasons of the show so far have problaby just forgotten how he was portrayed the first few episodes. Once you start getting to see why he does the things he does and how he thinks through situations and deals with them, Deadwood accends to a whole new level. Some of the best acting ever on Television.

you're an idiot
  • Like 1
  • 11 years later...