Season four just started. It's a toss up between this show and 30 Rock for best comedy on network tv. Ron Swanson is obviously the man. Amy Poehler has really grown on me over the years and I like Aziz Ansari as well. Good stuff all the way around. Yes Sir!

this show deserves its own thread, brv.
It's fun to look back on 2009, when we were but kids, and see who said the show sucked and who said that Ron Swanson was awesome.

somehow, despite it all, and against all odds, brv, i've grown to respect your opinion on media. you deserve praise for recignizing ron swanson in his infancy. so here it is: praise be to brvhrt!

somehow, despite it all, and against all odds, brv, i've grown to respect your opinion on media. you deserve praise for recignizing ron swanson in his infancy. so here it is: praise be to brvhrt!
Whenever I say brvhrt aloud it sounds like a frog saying "pervert."

The show started off good, and has gotten consistently better and better. At this point it's outstanding. I'd say it's easily the best comedy on network tv.I saw Adam Scott on the street in Manhattan a few months ago. In fact we were waiting at the same corner for a light to change. I looked at him with a look that must have clearly said, "Hey, you're that guy that's on tv!" because he looked back with "Yep, but please let's not talk about it," and so we didn't. I also didn't know his name at the time, which would have made it at least doubly awkward. And that's the end of my story.

The show started off good, and has gotten consistently better and better. At this point it's outstanding. I'd say it's easily the best comedy on network tv.I saw Adam Scott on the street in Manhattan a few months ago. In fact we were waiting at the same corner for a light to change. I looked at him with a look that must have clearly said, "Hey, you're that guy that's on tv!" because he looked back with "Yep, but please let's not talk about it," and so we didn't. I also didn't know his name at the time, which would have made it at least doubly awkward. And that's the end of my story.
He went to high school in my area... so I'm pretty much good friends with him.
God, Brv, I was telling myself to shut the fuck up.
You can't make cross post references. It's too confusing for me.

Great episode tonight.Ron: before we proceed, does any of you have any dietary rescrictions?Group of kids: *all shaking heads*Ron: correct. You do not.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been meaning to get into this show. I watched the first episode a few months ago on Netflix, and didn't find it that funny.At what point does it really pick up and start getting good, and can I start from there, or am I better off just watching from the beginning?

I've been meaning to get into this show. I watched the first episode a few months ago on Netflix, and didn't find it that funny.At what point does it really pick up and start getting good, and can I start from there, or am I better off just watching from the beginning?
I feel like it's literally gotten better as it goes. First season was the weakest.
She plays the character well, and Ron Swanson is epic.
for me, the show is all about the people listed below. aziz ansari in particular is a generational-type talent.
ron is pretty awesome. andy really slays me as well. same with tommy haverford (tommy fresh) and even april is killing it lately.
You should start at the beginning, but it really picks up at the end of season 1, beginning of season 2.If you skip any of season 1 though, you will miss Ron Swanson awesomeness.
  • 2 months later...