• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be thankful you had these episodes to watch now. Anyone like me who has watched roughly around the original air dates hasn't seen a new episode since Sept. 2012. Thankfully it's back again this y

you burried the god damn lead there. CHARLIE KAUFMAN IS GETTING A SHOW! God damn it I love FX.

What a great take on the manic pixie dream girl

I love the guy but the show's been hit or miss so far. The best parts imo are just him doing stand up. Ricky Gervais was pretty horrible and funny at the same time this week.

I think he just needs some time to adjust. This type of format is different.I don't remember where I discussed him recently, but he's got a couple recent interviews that are pretty good.From right before his show aired: http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2010/06/loui...ight#more-14415shortish interviewlonger one

This has got to be the most vulgar show I've ever seen and it's got some truly special moments. It's almost like the vulgarity assists one in arriving at a more truthful moment of understanding, as evidenced by this line (from the 3rd ep with Ricky Gervais saying it):"She's got cancer from her vagina to her eyeballs. I'm just squeezing some extra insurance money until her liver falls out (of) her arse."There is something very honest about that, somehow.Every third line is "Are you allowed to SAY that?"Thank you, Louis CK

This has got to be the most vulgar show I've ever seen and it's got some truly special moments. It's almost like the vulgarity assists one in arriving at a more truthful moment of understanding, as evidenced by this line (from the 3rd ep with Ricky Gervais saying it):"She's got cancer from her vagina to her eyeballs. I'm just squeezing some extra insurance money until her liver falls out (of) her arse."There is something very honest about that, somehow.Every third line is "Are you allowed to SAY that?"Thank you, Louis CK
Watch the poker scene, you'll learn where 'flaming faggot' comes from, and why louis ck said he'd probably stop using it in his act.

the indian giver portion of his standup... kinda surprised they included that. seinfeld did it years ago on his show. I'm sure he wasn't the first to make the observation.

I think he just needs some time to adjust. This type of format is different.
if by different, you mean like the first season or two of seinfeld, then yeah, different
if by different, you mean like the first season or two of seinfeld, then yeah, different
You're saying this show is ' like the first season or two of seinfeld'?I didn't watch much seinfeld though.

It would be awful to have a close friend as your doctor.

You're saying this show is ' like the first season or two of seinfeld'?I didn't watch much seinfeld though.
without the cursing and vulgarity, but yes, a comic doing his act, then real life showing how it actually played out. Spitting image
latest episode was amazing. I'm game.
Yes
Agreed. That was definitely the best episode. Pamela Adlon and Louie are pretty awesome together imo. It sucks that Lucky Louie (they were husband/wife) ended after only 1 season but even HBO sucks sometimes.
Uh oh...does that mean I have to watch the most recent episode?I really haven't watched since the first one. I'm not sure why.
there's a part in the latest one where he starts having a cat-conversation randomly. watch the rest of them, will you? it's worth it.

i'm catching up on the episodes i missed. i really do like this show.i like how the dialogue is pretty genunie imo like the little scuffle he has with Nick Depalo in episode 3.