Good Fold Considering Info I Have Or Bad?

Im playing 1-2 NL at Bellagio monday night. Had only been at table about 10 minutes so didnt have much info on type players im playing with. I limp from middle position with 9 7 hearts. Flop comes 972 rainbow. Under the gun bets 12. I raised to 40 and then he goes all in. He has me covered as I still have almost all of my initial buy in of $200. I think for a minute and decide to fold as Im sold that maybe he has a set. He shows me 7 3 offsuit. Is this a bad fold since Im new to table and have very little info on the players? I cant put him on a big pair with no preflop raise and being under gun I feel only hand he could have in that postion where he may make a play like that and I could beat is something like suited A9 or open ended straight draw. Based on what little info I had I put him on set of 7's or 2's. Did I make right play based on my situation?

Im playing 1-2 NL at Bellagio monday night. Had only been at table about 10 minutes so didnt have much info on type players im playing with. I limp from middle position with 9 7 hearts. Flop comes 972 rainbow. Under the gun bets 12. I raised to 40 and then he goes all in. He has me covered as I still have almost all of my initial buy in of $200. I think for a minute and decide to fold as Im sold that maybe he has a set. He shows me 7 3 offsuit. Is this a bad fold since Im new to table and have very little info on the players? I cant put him on a big pair with no preflop raise and being under gun I feel only hand he could have in that postion where he may make a play like that and I could beat is something like suited A9 or open ended straight draw. Based on what little info I had I put him on set of 7's or 2's. Did I make right play based on my situation?
You should have check/minraised him at any possibility.

I have to agree with tbrick I'm never ever folding this. if he does have a set there's no way he's pushing right here if he's competent at all. I insta-call this 99.9% of the time unless you're playing above your bankroll.

If you weren't willing to call an all in, you probably shouldn't have raised his bet. I'm calling here pretty much always; obv he could have a set, but most ppl who play 1/2 @ bellagio (or anywhere for that matter) are going to show up with so many hands you beat that you need to be calling here.

If you weren't willing to call an all in, you probably shouldn't have raised his bet. I'm calling here pretty much always; obv he could have a set, but most ppl who play 1/2 @ bellagio (or anywhere for that matter) are going to show up with so many hands you beat that you need to be calling here.
Main point to this whole hand. What you essentially did is raise for information. Never do that.

I suggest that in the future you wait until people have commented to post the results.I'm guessing that there were clues in 10 minutes of play that could help you read this situation.

I suggest that in the future you wait until people have commented to post the results.I'm guessing that there were clues in 10 minutes of play that could help you read this situation.
Seeing the results has nothing to do with it. How do you fold 2 pair in this spot? Pretty sick if you can put him on a set when you are holding two of the cards on the board. I call this 100% of the time expecting someone to show top pair with a good kicker or an over pair.
Seeing the results has nothing to do with it.
It is, nevertheless, the right way to make a post, and your advice being correct or incorrect has nothing to do with it.
It is, nevertheless, the right way to make a post, and your advice being correct or incorrect has nothing to do with it.
I completely agree with you. My point is I highly doubt that the results are affecting anyones advice here.
I have to agree with tbrick I'm never ever folding this. if he does have a set there's no way he's pushing right here if he's competent at all. I insta-call this 99.9% of the time unless you're playing above your bankroll.
I suggest you seek professional help.
I would sooner rape and murder my first born child than fold in that spot.
HURRR I READ PLUSEV COMIC HURRR
I completely agree with you. My point is I highly doubt that my advice is affecting anyones play here.
FYP
CRAIAINEC
this
I was not aware the Bellagio even spread 1/2 NLHE. I have never seen anything lower than 2/5 NLHE. When did they change that?
dunno, but played there this summer. players were lolbad, but the room is so small.

Heh.. just cause it hasn't actually been spelled out:There are 13515116109718513 combos of cards he could be holding that you beat.You are currently behind 22. You have 4 clean outs twice should you be up against the only hand of all possible combos that you are behind.You may want to get up from your chair like the Chark and get the running start before you shove all-in, for the benefit of any observers in the room looking in on the action.