Rumor Mill: Chip Reese's Son Dead Of Overdose

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same site that reported Chip Reese died of superaids?
LOL yeah, which is why I came here. Druff isn't known for just making shit up. He was on 60 minutes, talking about the UB/AP scandal. He has some credibility ( more than anyone else at NWP, that is)
Ehh come on mods, please delete this thread. This stuff is family business either way and there's no reason to discuss stuff like this here.
Yeah, quit bringing poker related prominent news in the general poker forum on a site based around poker!!!one!
Yeah, quit bringing poker related prominent news in the general poker forum on a site based around poker!!!one!
Ya the possible death of a relative of an also dead poker player is what this forum was created for. Doesn't it seem wrong to you to delve in the personal life of somebody just because they're the son of a poker player?
Ya the possible death of a relative of an also dead poker player is what this forum was created for. Doesn't it seem wrong to you to delve in the personal life of somebody just because they're the son of a poker player?
what delving into, if it's a matter of public record? Also, he played poker as well, I remember Chip was making all kinds of Father/son bets the last WSOP he played in.

Mr. Mcgee posts on NWP on a regular basis (or so i'm told) so he is de-sensitized to this type of thing.Mcgee, quit being such an internet forum whore.FWIW IMO TBH ETC.

Meh fine, do what you do, no families deserve privacy or anything of that nature etc etc have fun
Jesus christ, I'm not camping outside of their ****ing lawn, waiting to snap photos of the widow reese. I just heard a shocking rumor, on another website, and wanted to know if it was true.

From a Facebook status updatePhil Hellmuth- Heard some bad news from Vegas. Hope its not true.

Honestly, this is probably true.Still sucks the way life works out sometimes though.

From a Facebook status updatePhil Hellmuth- Heard some bad news from Vegas. Hope its not true.
Sucks if it is true. No one wants to outlive their kids (or so I hear, since I am a kid)
Jesus christ, I'm not camping outside of their ****ing lawn, waiting to snap photos of the widow reese. I just heard a shocking rumor, on another website, and wanted to know if it was true.
Also, it's not like you asking is invading anything at all, either way, someone somewhere is going to spread the details. This may just be my opinion but I think a thread like this is better because it will allow for the true details to be given and not just rumors spread everywhere (once they are found at least.)
Beat.............I think we all know where I'm going with this.But in all seriousness I tend to agree with Grinder, but even if FCP takes this down I'm going to be NVG and every other site is going to have something on this, and even if we take this thread down its going to be mentioned again. Def a sad stroy if true.

Fwiw, NVG had a thread posted and deleted pretty quickly. Obviously nobody did anything wrong posting it here, it's just one of those things where I think a bit of compassion is in order as threads like these (especially ones with a title like this) are naturally going to lead to rude things being posted/various speculation about other people's personal lives. I just think it's not a bad idea to give a bit of privacy to the family regardless.

Fwiw, NVG had a thread posted and deleted pretty quickly. Obviously nobody did anything wrong posting it here, it's just one of those things where I think a bit of compassion is in order as threads like these (especially ones with a title like this) are naturally going to lead to rude things being posted/various speculation about other people's personal lives. I just think it's not a bad idea to give a bit of privacy to the family regardless.
FWIW, I agree. Just because his father was a poker player doesn't mean his and his families issues should be discussed by people who have nothing to do with the family, or people who really have no interest outside of him being a poker players son.Just my two cents.

I came off as an A-hole, sorry for that. The reality of the situation is that because of his dad he is associated with poker, whether he played poker or not. It's always sad when someone dies, and is a sensitive situation, but to think people (especially those who follow poker) are going to not talk about it is unreasonable. I don't want to know more or specualte more into the situation than who died and what the cause of death was. This would be my only outlet to find that information, as I don't frequent other forums, etc. His life is completely obscure outside of the poker world, but this is something I would like to be informed about, as Chip was not just a poker player, but a poker icon and will be for as long as the game is played.