6152 replies to this topic

#6141 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

BigDMcGee, on 10 September 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

JW 2 had dinosaurs running from a god damn volcanic erruption. What the hell more do you want in a movie?

Just Tom Cruise sprinting along side them.

#6142 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 27,088 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

I want an Armageddon 2 in 10 years, but instead of a disaster action movie, it's a introspective movie, about the crushing weight of expectations and failing to live up to them. It focuses on Ben Affleck's character, whom if you remember Bruce Willis sacrificed himself to save, and go take care of his daughter. Well, it's 30 years later, and Ben and Liv Tyler are long divorced. Ben is an alcoholic, living off the fame saving the world but never accomplishing anything. Isolated and lonely, he tries to re-connect with a daughter he barely knows and tries to come to grips with the fact that his life was ultimately not worth saving by Bruce, and decide if it's too late to change that.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#6143 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,700 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:51 AM

I would watch the hell out of that movie. It sounds a little like Better Call Saul. My only issue is that it stars Ben Affleck, who I hate.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#6144 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

9 Time Winner of the FCP 'Poster of the Year' Award

• Members
  • 25,353 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

ben affleck is great in the correct role for him and he's a pretty good director. the TOWN is a great movie, and i'm a big fan of live by night and the accountant. you know what, i'm a ben affleck fan. i'm an affleck family fan because casey is my guy too.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#6145 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 27,088 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 11 September 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I would watch the hell out of that movie. It sounds a little like Better Call Saul. My only issue is that it stars Ben Affleck, who I hate.

I was thinking more The Wrestler, but more TMZ and social media gossip/memes and less steroid use
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6146 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Black Panther

Decent movie, nothing special. Wish Michael b Jordan had gotten more screen time, hes the Man.

#6147 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,232 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:42 PM

Christ, finally an opinion I agree with, and I can't truly get behind it because it makes me feel like a bad lib.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#6148 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

9 Time Winner of the FCP 'Poster of the Year' Award

• Members
  • 25,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Theraflu, on 19 September 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Christ, finally an opinion I agree with, and I can't truly get behind it because it makes me feel like a bad lib.

it's okay to admit that i'm right 99% of the time, your liberal friends haven't made it illegal yet.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#6149 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,338 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

Annihilation

Equally as ridiculous as Jurassic world. Much less self aware. Much fewer dinosaurs running from lava.

#6150 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,232 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

I'm not saying you should like Annihilation, but comparing it in any way to a blockbuster action franchise is just plain wrong. The movie knows exactly what it's doing (which, again, feel free to hate) (and it's also not doing very much with the book as source material).
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#6151 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,338 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostTheraflu, on 21 September 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm not saying you should like Annihilation, but comparing it in any way to a blockbuster action franchise is just plain wrong. The movie knows exactly what it's doing (which, again, feel free to hate) (and it's also not doing very much with the book as source material).

They just happen to be the last 2 movies that I watched, and they both made me laugh out loud at multiple points because of the ridiculousness on screen. Only one of them was enjoyable for me though.

#6152 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 27,088 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

El Royale. It was like a bad Tarentino knockoff movie from the 90s
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6153 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,686 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:24 AM

venom

it was bad. the director/hardy couldn't decide if they wanted the main character to be a hapless, semi-retarded, shlub or an intelligent, street wise cynic.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users