First Time To Vegas Tomorrow ..

Im headed to Vegas and Stayin at the Sahara for week. Im brining $2000 that i could afford to burn playin poker. Anybody have any advice for maybe some NL tournys with buy-ins inbetween $100-$300 or any advice where the best place to play some 5/10 limit and/or 1/2NL cash games would be .. anything would help out .. thanks

Im headed to Vegas and Stayin at the Sahara for week. Im brining $2000 that i could afford to burn playin poker. Anybody have any advice for maybe some NL tournys with buy-ins inbetween $100-$300 or any advice where the best place to play some 5/10 limit and/or 1/2NL cash games would be .. anything would help out .. thanks
For the NL nothing beats either the MGM or The Mirage (my favs) The Venetian is nice, but a bit tougher. Limit games i wouldnt knowI was at the sahara once, not a bad place, but kinda far from most of the strip, a nice walk though if its a nice day. The Nascar cafe is good there if you dont want to go far for a meal.The tourneys at the sahara are only $45 thoughhave fun..im jealous, havent been there in 3 weeks, lol!

Caesars and the Venetian have tournaments in that buy-in range that offer great structures for the money. Check out allvegaspoker.com for tournament listings.I'm not sure about 5/10 limit games in Vegas. You can find 4/8 all over the place, but roullette tables are plentiful also. If you like limit, you may want to try the 8/16 game at the Wynn.There have been several discussions about 1/2 nl on this board. Basically, they're available al over the place. My advice is if you are at a 1/2 table and it's NOT fishy, get up and find one that is (most are).

I stayed @ Sahara a week in December. Poker room is great. I went from $100 buy-in on a 1/2 table to $500 in 3 hands. Loose aggro donks all over the place. I went for a week, took $1000, came home with $1800 AFTER entertainment, food, room, cabs, etc. Have fun & I am with Chrozzo. I hate you because I am jealous!!

I stayed @ Sahara a week in December. Poker room is great. I went from $100 buy-in on a 1/2 table to $500 in 3 hands. Loose aggro donks all over the place. I went for a week, took $1000, came home with $1800 AFTER entertainment, food, room, cabs, etc. Have fun & I am with Chrozzo. I hate you because I am jealous!!
omg, you are so right....at the sahara...bunch of MANIACS!!!but now its a 1/3 200 max game

1/2 at MGM and Mirage are very soft. You have enough to sit in 2/5 so I'd recommend that (well at least try it once). MGM 2/5 is money. Definitely check out Venetian and Caesars daytime tournaments. Oh, and I highly recommend going to the Stratosphere to play some poker. Biggest and best poker room in all of Vegas!

1/2 at MGM and Mirage are very soft. You have enough to sit in 2/5 so I'd recommend that (well at least try it once). MGM 2/5 is money. Definitely check out Venetian and Caesars daytime tournaments. Oh, and I highly recommend going to the Stratosphere to play some poker. Biggest and best poker room in all of Vegas!
with all due repect, i disagree, lolto each his own, though

I was there in March. I stayed at the Monte Carlo but their poker room is terrible so stay away from there. Play at the Wynn/Venetian/Bellagio > *.The Bellagio runs the most expensive daily tournament at $540 but 1st is usually between 13-15k with 70-90 players. The cash games at the Wynn are the juiciest i've ever seen.Hope that helps.

with all due repect, i disagree, lolto each his own, though
What could be more exciting than the chance to sit at the table with the one and only Bob Stupak?!??Plus, you can choose one of the five amazing tables they have to play at!!!
What could be more exciting than the chance to sit at the table with the one and only Bob Stupak?!??Plus, you can choose one of the five amazing tables they have to play at!!!
hahahahaim sorry, youre right, remember when hes in the hand, FOLD unless you hae the NUTZ

I actually liked the NL games at the Flamingo and Mandalay Bay. The Wynn would be my third choice. As far as I'm concerned if I never play again at the Bellagio I won't miss anything. You can go ahead and play there to say you played there once.

I actually liked the NL games at the Flamingo and Mandalay Bay. The Wynn would be my third choice. As far as I'm concerned if I never play again at the Bellagio I won't miss anything. You can go ahead and play there to say you played there once.
yeah the bay is niceand if you need a break go take a walk and check out the sharks, woot
I hear what you are saying about the Bellagio.I've never played there before because I've always done well at the MGM and Mirage. From what I hear, the games at Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian are more difficult than the ones at Mirage and MGM. My ego doesn't need stroking to where I need to say I beat out really tough opponents. I'd rather take the easy money where I am comfortable playing at. It doesn't mean I won't try out other places, but if it ain't broke...blah blah.

Venetian deepstack tourneys are very good. 1/2 cash is juicy everywhere so just chhose the room you like to play in best. Havent seen any 5/10 limit but alot of rooms have 4/8. Have fun.

i don't know why everyone says the MGM is so juicy. every time i play 1-2NL there i see tables with maybe 1 or 2 live ones and about 7 other people trying to carve up the dead money. in vegas at 1-2NL that's a terrible table in light of how many bad players are floating around.i had a lot of success at paris, which seemed to run at least 2 $300max 1-2NL games all night long. it's kind of weird and dumpy, but the money was very good.

I've only played at the MGM, and that was just a couple months after I started playing poker, but even then I was better than most of the people there at the 1-2 tables.I'm going in a month, staying at treasure island, right next to the mirage.

I've only played at the MGM, and that was just a couple months after I started playing poker, but even then I was better than most of the people there at the 1-2 tables.I'm going in a month, staying at treasure island, right next to the mirage.
Play at the TI room. Good group in there. Also, that game played the biggest of all the rooms I was in. Not sure why exactly, but it was good. (Also a ridiculous amount of good looking girls walking by the room all night)Also, the new Planet Hollywood room is really good too, I recommend that one as well. Great staff and the table I had was extremely entertaining, though that can always vary.
I hear what you are saying about the Bellagio.I've never played there before because I've always done well at the MGM and Mirage. From what I hear, the games at Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian are more difficult than the ones at Mirage and MGM. My ego doesn't need stroking to where I need to say I beat out really tough opponents. I'd rather take the easy money where I am comfortable playing at. It doesn't mean I won't try out other places, but if it ain't broke...blah blah.
The Wynn I didn't think was too bad as far as being tough opposition. Although I am a tight player if you ask the Chicago FCP'ers and Nosup4u I think my game suits it better than a loose aggresive player. I have only played limit at the Bellagio not NL.

Remember to set aside a ton of money for cab rides to and from the Sahara.Man that place sucks, way too far from everywhere you want to be.Consider other cheap alternatives in better locales next time like Imperial Palace.

Remember to set aside a ton of money for cab rides to and from the Sahara.Man that place sucks, way too far from everywhere you want to be.Consider other cheap alternatives in better locales next time like Imperial Palace.
Try that double decker bus instead of cabs.

I get the feeling that the MGM's reputation is getting out somewhat and the games there contain better players more now than they used too, which will suck if true. This has always been the easiest money I have made playing in Vegas. Can someone please tell me...or even lie to me... that it will stay that way? Bellagio can be hit or miss, but during times when they are sponsoring large tournaments the games play tougher, so I think that during the series it could be that way. Obviously if you play there be very careful about your table selection....which is tough because the lists are so long at Bell. that you rarely have the option to move to a better (juicier) table. Also, avoid this place after 1 Am or so, as that's when the local grinders and rounders shows up. Although I always seem to do pretty well at Bellagio, I really hate the room (too damn crowded) and to be honest there are much easier games to beat elsewhere.Venetian was playing tough too...lots of local grinders in the game (cant remember if it was 2-5???) I know it wasn't 1-2 that I played there last time. Again, I managed a big win there but it was pretty tough competition and they ALL seemed to know each other. Never a good sign in my book.Wynn has a nice room but it too is a little cramped. I haven't played there in over a year but hear it can be pretty decent. I will give it a go in a few weeks for sure just to see whats up.Mirage. Haven't played here is a good while and will give it a shot too.I want to check out Planet Hollywood as I hear the brand new room is very nice. Caesars has one of the nicest poker rooms in Vegas, but for the life of me I just run like total crap there. As far as the other places mentioned here....no idea. (Does the Stratosphere still have that cheesy 50 tall Astronaut cut out hanging in the side of the hotel?)I recommend....a drink at the top of the tower during sunset, just as all the lights on the strip come on. VERY cool. If anyone here hasn't gone to the top of the Strat yet, do it. Then go outside and ride the slingshot, which fires yourass up into the air about 100 feet or so....you'll see your life pass before your eyes.weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :club:

Wynn game is good, plays very deep, could sit with 1k or so in the 2/5 as it is no cap, would give you an advantage over most of the table being as deep as you are. The Bellagio 2/5 is generally a lot of tourist, could take a while to find a seat, but worth it. Venetian is too many regulars dont play there, MGM is best, but like was said, the word is getting out which kind of sucks, but still good for the time being.Jeff

I'm curious how people rate the fishiness of a particular room in LV. I assume that most of the players in any given room are tourists, there for a few days only, and that most of them are playing where they're staying, eating, etc.I've been to LV 8 or 9 times in the last few years, and have found the play all over the map - depending on who I was sitting with, rather than what room I was in.Oh, and newbie tip #1: The "Duece" -- double decker bus -- is a cheap way to get up-and-down the strip and downtown. It can be slow at peak times, though. At $5 for the day pass, it's a great value, if you're not in a raging hurry. Taxis are faster, if there aren't lineups, but expensive.