Poker And Relationships

I just read this article this morning. Funny thing was me and my buddy were just talking about this today. I taught my wife how to play poker and she loves it. In fact she didnt come to bed until 2 last night cause she was in a tourney. She also recently hacked into my account to bet on a horse that in her words was a "sure thing". Well, he won and she got paid off. Then on the other side my buddys wife is so against poker gambling etc...so I showed him this article and it gave him hope. Its a good article if your fighting your wife,girlfriend,life parter..etc about poker. OBV this is a brag post about my degernate wife. :club:http://www.pocketfives.com/24231C03-AE94-4...40432656BF.aspx

I just read this article this morning. Funny thing was me and my buddy were just talking about this today. I taught my wife how to play poker and she loves it. In fact she didnt come to bed until 2 last night cause she was in a tourney. She also recently hacked into my account to bet on a horse that in her words was a "sure thing". Well, he won and she got paid off. Then on the other side my buddys wife is so against poker gambling etc...so I showed him this article and it gave him hope. Its a good article if your fighting your wife,girlfriend,life parter..etc about poker. OBV this is a brag post about my degernate wife. :club:http://www.pocketfives.com/24231C03-AE94-4...40432656BF.aspx
I don't like the sound of that, but umm.. yeah good luck.

I think I've come to the realization that my only successful relationship IS with poker. We have an unconditional love for each other.

I don't like the sound of that, but umm.. yeah good luck.
I gotta admit at first I was like hmmmm...but she bets so small stakes its not a thing. I think the fact she bet the horse's out ways the fact she bet my money. Plus she did win on 25-1. So I can look past it. Plus she felt so bad even though she won.

. . . and by "hacked" he means she made him tell her his user name and password or she would withhold, well, you know . . .

She also recently hacked into my account to bet on a horse that in her words was a "sure thing".
Make her watch the movie "Lucky Number Slevin" she wont ever bet on a "sure thing" for horse races ever again.
. . . and by "hacked" he means she made him tell her his user name and password or she would withhold, well, you know . . .
I did get some but I think it was beacuse her horse won...oh well Ill take it.
Oxy, meet Moron.
This line was so witty and entertaining, I feel obligated to steal it.

Its an on going struggle. I have tried to explain it to my gf of 5 years numerous times and whenever I think she is starting to understand the whole poker +ev long term explanation I find myself back at square one in no time. When I was in a rough patch she was complaining about the time and money I spent playing, over the last 2 months I have been playing really well and doing really well online and I swear its worse, she does'nt want me winning money and reinforcing the game. I dont know what to do.

buy her a case of Pro Playershe'll LOVE IT
Updateaments? I missed that thread, it disappeared.Oh, and I taught the gf to play poker but she only plays when she's really bored. Meh, at least she leaves me alone when I session.
Its an on going struggle. I have tried to explain it to my gf of 5 years numerous times and whenever I think she is starting to understand the whole poker +ev long term explanation I find myself back at square one in no time. When I was in a rough patch she was complaining about the time and money I spent playing, over the last 2 months I have been playing really well and doing really well online and I swear its worse, she does'nt want me winning money and reinforcing the game. I dont know what to do.
Easy. Get a new girlfriend. Problem solved.

My husband doesn't mind me playing poker at all, in fact he uses the time I play to go in the den and play guitar!!! A perfect marriage :PAlso, I'm pretty responsible about the mobney I use for BR so that isn't an issue.I have a great hubby. :club:

read the article it gave some helpful hints. For me I just played poker with my wife, taught her the game and gave her like 20 dollars on bodog. She has been hooked ever since. The time I spent teaching her the game was fun for both of us. Its also fun to talk with her about hands now. Just teach her and hopefully she will like it.

My g/f (now fiancee) used to HATE the fact that I played as much as I do, but ever since I informed her that 2K of the money I spent on her engagement ring came from poker, she's come around to the idea of me playing the game. She's even offered to kick a % of her monthly income my way to add to the bankroll to help move up in levels when it comes. I know, I know...I found a rare one.