Any Know If Pokerrng Is A Scam Or For Real

Does anyone have the goods on this product? If it is for real, you won't see me playing online again for anytime soon with this stuff lurking out there.www.pokerrng.comD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link. I did a search on "pokerrng" and got nothing....
yeah i wouldnt trust that stuff but that is one of the greatest threads on FCP of all time
That is my favorite thread of all time. Anyone know if Tritz is still around? Also, I was sad to see that that thread has been closed.
i have seen him post somewhat recently, in the last month or 2 at least i'm sure, I give him credit for continuing to post here under the same name, I don't think I could.
yeah i wouldnt trust that stuff but that is one of the greatest threads on FCP of all time
Holy Crap - what a thread! I made throught 17 pages then gave and went to the end. Was it ever proved a hoax or was it still up in the air? By the way, this is a different piece of software than what that fellow was talking about.
i have seen him post somewhat recently, in the last month or 2 at least i'm sure, I give him credit for continuing to post here under the same name, I don't think I could.
lol it was just sad. i mean couldnt he have closed paint????
That is my favorite thread of all time. Anyone know if Tritz is still around? Also, I was sad to see that that thread has been closed.
If you want to see if someone is around now, you can go check out their profile. I think it tells you when they last logged in, last posted, what threads they've viewed, etc.Mark

i think the funniest part is that the "screenshot" is asking the person to input the river card. shouldnt it know it on its own?

As a software developer, I can attest to the developers description of how a random number is generated. And, I can also say that if the RNG is not re-seeded, all you would have to do is know the seed and you will actually have the next random number in a sequence. That is the one thing this guy forgot to put in his documentation which leads me to believe that a) hes full of s**t, or B) he hasnt been programming for very long. I'll try to explain it here:Every time you turn on your computer and run a small C or VB program and ask for a random number you will actually get the very same number! Amazing, eh? Thats because when you turn your computer on, the "seed" is reset to 0 (I believe its 0 - it may actually be 1). Every subsequent random number you ask for will also be the same. In fact, there are only X number of "sequences" the computer can come up with - based on the number of bits the system is based on (16bit, 32bit, now 64bit systems are more common). There is a function to reseed the random number generator - but if on two subsequent times you reseed to the same number, your sequence will in fact be the same. So, here's the thing. If you could actually know what the seed was you would in fact know what the next number in the sequence was - you would have to do some serious engineering to match up the sequence with your hand number (which you would in fact know). Since I know this (though I have been programming for over 25 years), I'm pretty sure others do as well and there is well written documentation on how to deal with this. One method would be to reseed at times to start a new "sequence." Of course, the problem is when to reseed. i won't go into the methods that are used, but they can be found on most developer sites about this subject - but I can tell you that every one of them has there downside as well as their upside. There is no best way - Just have to make sure the hackers don't know which method you are using.And, if you think all of this is BS - do a search about the guy who beat the canadian KENO a few years back before they used ping pong balls. They used a computer and he figured out the seed (they never reset it and after about a year he figured out which one they were using) - he ended up winning like the next 3 games in a row and then told them how he did it. Not smart. I'll do a google search after this and post the links - it was pretty funny.

Someone made a thread recently about Jamie Gold. I responded by stating that Tritz gave me a program, so I knew that he was going to make that thread. I got several angry PMs from Tritz.Just Sayin'.
looking at the web site, it looks legit.thanks for warning me.whew.
Well its been a while since I did a job hunt, but tell me Actuary, what is the going rate for a full time a.sshole these days? It should show on the bottom of your paystub. :club:

delphi,um, it's not just the seed.The formula to transpose the n+1 "random" number is also a function of the "formula" used to transpose the n value to the n+1 value.You'd need several values to figure out the formulaI'm sure the poker sites are much more complex than even this additional challenge to code breaking, obv.

Well its been a while since I did a job hunt, but tell me Actuary, what is the going rate for a full time a.sshole these days? It should show on the bottom of your paystub. :club:
what do you know about pay stubs?Nonetheless, it went up about 10% with recent job offer/acceptancethanks for asking.
************************what do you know about pay stubs?Nonetheless, it went up about 10% with recent job offer/acceptancethanks for asking.
Excellent. Glad to see you've upgraded from your pizza delivery service job as a supplement to your life as a "poker pro" :club:
Excellent. Glad to see you've upgraded from your pizza delivery service job as a supplement to your life as a "poker pro" :club:
I delivered pizza for a few years as I went to college and while I drifted wondering what to do for a living.Eventually, I graduated from College with a BS in Applied Science and now work as an Actuary.My raise came from a new employer's higher offer. After working 8 yrs for the initial company that hired me out of college, a change was in order.I miss the Pizza days. It was nice to have 0 student loans to pay off as waiting tables, playing floor manager, and pizza delivery paid pretty well. To your other point, I am not a Poker Pro. I surely hope I have not mislead you. I post a lot in the Strategy Forums, mostly to learn. There are many better players here: Zach, Wang, Checky, Steve7stud (apparently), CobaltBlue, Cinci, Chucksty, CUin4Yrs, etc. I play like 25c/50c Limit and last night I lost $7. Hopefully this clears a bit up. You seemed ignorant.

most computers will not seed 0 or 1. a common value used is time. hard to guess the exact second a computer was turned on.if you were to guess the seed value and which rng is being used, you'd have to have all 10,000 tables open to track the 'next' shuffle. and hope that one table doesn't lag out from the others to skew your tracking:rng generates table 1deal table 1rng generates table 2deal table 2but computer lag could make it appear that table 2 was dealt first.also, trying to track an rng where you are seeing from 2 to 25 cards out of 52 is almost impossible. a simple shuffle takes up 51 random numbers, though it is generally considered a 'better' pseudo-random shuffle to do this twice, so 102 random numbers used per deck. of those 102 random numbers, you are seeing the positions of 2-25 of the shuffled cards. on 500-10,000 tables. the scope of the tracking becomes staggering.a program MIGHT make an educated guess about certain cards showing up on a flop. i had a bit of success with a script that tracked all boards seen on a table and predicted the likelihood of specific cards appearing.i know everyone likes to say that every deal is independant and it is a fallacy to expect anything based on previous results, but i ignored this. in a random number generator, all results are equally possible. if you do a simple 1-10 rng and run it 10 times, you could conceivably have some numbers show alot more than others. over 10 billion runs, you should have each number generated around 1 billion times. short-term variance in numbers is possible, but if you are generating 2 billion 3's in 10 billion runs, there is something significantly wrong with your rng.so. i tracked the suits and the card values separately. for each time a given value (ie 7) doesn't appear, it increases the probability that it will appear in the next flop. long term will correct short-term variance, so 7's have to show up eventually.was it helpful? only in cases where a person is short-stacked and getting marginal cards. knowing that 7's haven't flopped in 10 hands, and holding 76s, a person could push anticipating hitting at least that pair. it isn't a guarantee, but in a small sample-size (i messed with this for a couple months) it was... useful. not perfect, but useful.