Playing $4-8 kill the other night. I had KJs in MP with all limpers in front of me so I limp....ends up being a family pot pf. Flop comes J27 with two spades. Checks to me I bet 2 calls button raises.....1 caller to me I reraise, one fold one call button caps all call. Turn comes 5s for the flush. Action goes check, I bet, call, button raises, fold I reraise, fold, button caps i call. Heads up on the river......comes 9s. I check and button bets I call.Did I play the hand badly?Should I bet out the river?Should I fold the river?SuggestionsI ended up winning the pot....I wanted to fold, but really Im not good enough to fold a K high flush on a non paired board. Button showed 77 and thought he won the hand, even took his river bet back and put it in his stack until the dealer showed him that he lost.

Let's take a look at your play at each street.Preflop in a no foldem loose passive game like this a lot of players will call anything for one bet and fold a ton when somebody raises since so many of them will only raise preflop with super premium starting hands. KJ sooted in mid-position when I used to play in live games like this were mostly a call for me. The reason to call and not raise is that you're looking to win a monster pot with a flush or straight and you want those players with their Q4 of the same suit as you in the hand. Another reason to call is that the rake in games like this is usually massive and you need multiway pots to make up for that. Now, if I thought the players behind me will cold call 2 bets preflop I would be more apt to raise KJ sooted preflop than if they are going to fold. You may not have the most equity in the hand preflop but more than one player can have positive equity preflop so the more players in the pot preflop the better and in games like this I'm not as concerned with position and trying to buy the button. Now if I were the button I would be raising KJ soooted all day long in a family pot.On the flop I play like you did and try and get as many bets in the pot as possible and just hope that nobody has the A high flush draw.On the turn again I'm going to put 4 bets in unless I know for a fact that the other player doing the raising in a nit and I know that he respects my game. If I have KJ of spades there are opponents who if they're capping on the turn can only have one hand and that's the A high flush but you can't see monsters under the bed and assume the worst.On the river I bet call. The pot is so massive that he basically is going to call with whatever hand he has and most players aren't going to be betting the river with as weak a hand as he showed you and he might even raise a worse hand than you have. If I'm raised on the river I just call and never 3 bet unless the other player has somehow flashed me his cards.

^ bob crushed this one nice job!

I think you played it pretty good except like bob said you have to bet call the river. The cap on the flop smells more like a made hand then the nut flush draw. But it always goes back to knowing your players even in a ring game like this one where theres not a lot of folding theres still information to be taken in.

I think it worked pretty well for you considering the nit ignored the flush potential . . Many of the players I play with would see the flush and not cap the turn. Then I have to bet the river because they will check behind if they don't fill up but they will call the bet because of the pot size. One other thing I just want to throw into the pot is when you have a pot this size and that many callers is it better to keep more players in the pot to extract other bets instead of raising every chance you get. . . I would say your a mile ahead in a family pot 90% of the time. It depends on the table, with people who play their cards and dont think of what others have you can go crazy but sometimes I think a little more disguised hand may win extra bets? ? ? Just a thought to throw out there.

Raise pf ainec!!! I don't know why every1 is saying limp pf (I know why actually but the logic is flawed). If you raise and get a bunch of cold callers, great!! You have an awesome family pot hand w/positive equity. More $$ for you. If you raise and only the limpers call, great!! You have thinned the field making it more likely that you can win this pot w/just a pair or even w/o a showdown.Flop and turn fine.River is a b/c.