Random News Observations

I thought two things were especially funny about this book and related gossip floating around.

- Many many articles say that Bannon accused the President of treason, even though his actual comment is about as benign and spurious (in regards to actual treason) as you can get.

- The author of the book is quoted as saying that he believes that his book will lead to the immediate impeachment of Trump. That's hilarious, and would only happen as a political move after the 2018 elections if the dems take back the house.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

- The author of the book is quoted as saying that he believes that his book will lead to the immediate impeachment of Trump. That's hilarious, and would only happen as a political move after the 2018 elections if the dems take back the house.

Best case scenario it might create pressure on the GOP moderates to allow Mueller to complete his investigations.

• 1 month later...

Best case scenario it might create pressure on the GOP moderates to allow Mueller to complete his investigations.

This hasn't aged well.

It breaks my heart and makes me so angry at the same time. So many deaths, but also so many permanently scarred human beings.

This is exactly how I feel about the 800 deaths per day from abortion.

This is exactly how I feel about the 800 deaths per day from abortion.

wow, amazing analogy. You totally changed my mind on the issue and I totally don't think you are a borderline lunatic.

• Like 1

wow, amazing analogy. You totally changed my mind on the issue and I totally don't think you are a borderline lunatic.

You're not great at conversation and understanding opposing perspectives, huh?

I was f-ing agreeing with you and your empathy about how precious life is, you partisan hack.

• 1 month later...

An analysis by The Associated Press shows the nation’s six big Wall Street banks saved at least
$3.59 billion in taxes last quarter,
thanks to the recently enacted Trump tax law.

Banks typically kick off the earnings season, and their reports for the January-March quarter are giving investors and the public their first glimpse into how the new tax law is impacting Corporate America. Banks historically paid some of the highest taxes, due to their U.S.-centric business model. Before the Trump tax cuts, these banks paid between 28 to 31 percent of their income each year in corporate taxes.

The results show why banks supported the tax overhaul. Tax rates at banks such as JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley dropped to between 17 and 23 percent.

House Intelligence Committee Republicans declare there was no collusion btw DT campaign & Russia which is why you should ignore 19 indictments, 4 guilty pleas & Don Jr emailing "collude at me, bro."

House Intelligence Committee Republicans declare there was no collusion btw DT campaign & Russia which is why you should ignore 19 indictments, 4 guilty pleas & Don Jr emailing "collude at me, bro."

LOL.............19 indictment, 4 quilty pleas..........LOL.....Has zero zip nada to do with collusion. Next you will be telling us that 83% of tax cuts are going to top 1%............LOL.

LOL.............19 indictment, 4 quilty pleas..........LOL.....Has zero zip nada to do with collusion. Next you will be telling us that 83% of tax cuts are going to top 1%............LOL.

It's easy to not find collusion when you go out of your way to not even interview key potential witnesses (Cohen, Trump Jr, etc) that are currently in Mueller's crosshairs.

I would suggest taking a look at https://twitter.com/SethAbramson (he's followed by dozens of reporters for media sources across the political divided). He's been doing a pretty good job of connecting dots, in an impartial tone, and has been pretty good for being clear about what is known and what is conjecture.

ps: wrt your tax cuts:

https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21741146-florida-senator-thinks-reheating-reaganomics-dead-end-marco-rubio-offers-his?via=newsletter

“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” he says. “In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”

“The future is going to happen,” he says. “I have no problem with bringing back American car-manufacturing facilities, but, whether they’re American robots or Mexican robots, they’re going to be highly automated.” -- Rubio

tpc_distribution_big_six.png

• 1 month later...

This is quite the good political ad.

Daniel W. Drezner

Verified account

@dandrezner

Following Following @dandrezner

More Daniel W. Drezner Retweeted MJ Hegar for Texas

I have no idea if she has a chance of winning but holy hell this is a fantastic ad.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

How Canada works:

- Family owns chocolate factory in Syria

- Factory gets bombed

- They lose everything

- Canadians sponsor them

- They move to town of 4,000 people

- Dad starts making chocolate in basement

- Word spreads

They now make 250,000 pieces of chocolate a month

https://peacebychocolate.ca/

Diou2ZPXsAAxPej.jpg

Is that Metro Toronto or Kitchener-Waterloo?

Not sure if they consider that the GTA includes Kitchener-Waterloo for this but the bulk would be in Toronto. Every other week there is a news story about a tech company opening an A.I. lab downtown for example.

The city saw 28,900 tech jobs created, 14 percent more than in 2016, for a total of more than 241,000 workers, up 52 percent over the past five years, CBRE said. Downtown, tech accounted for more than a third of demand for office space.

• 1 month later...

Nobody should get a pass for this kind of thing whether they admitted it voluntarily or not, but the paragraph below makes sense to me.

Booker is an elected official who, every six years, stands before voters. If voters believe his groping incident -- or any other element of his past or present -- is disqualifying, they get to have their say. They can vote him out. That's not the situation in which Kavanaugh finds himself. He has been nominated to a lifetime appointment on the most powerful court in the country. The public won't ever get to offer up its judgment on his character -- that will be up to the 21 members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and, if he makes it through that vote, the full Senate. Just 100 people in the country will get a one-time-only vote on whether or not Kavanaugh has the judgment and temperament to sit on the Supreme Court and offer his opinions on the pressing issues of today -- and lots of tomorrows. That's a very different thing than a senator -- or even a president -- who has to face millions (or tens of millions) voters every four or six years.