the monkey on my back in $50 + 5 sng

I had this one guy who I played perfect against but still lost. 10th hand of the night, I'm shortstacked at 1050, he has 2500. He raises from 3rd pos. to 300. I call in the cutoff seat with 9 9. Flop comes J 4 2. He bets my stack into me, and I call. He has KQ. Turn and river blank, I win. 5 hands later, I hold A :D 7 :) He calls, I call on the button, folded to BB who checks. Flop is A :D J :) 10 :D BB bets 120, he calls, I call. Turn comes 7 :) . BB checks, he moves all in for 1250. I think for 20 seconds and call. He has K :D 9 :) . River is a 3 :club: for the suckout. About 5 hands later, he calls, and I raise from 80 to 300 on the button with A 4 hoping to pick up blinds and his call. He calls my raise. Flop comes 777. He hesitates and moves all in. I call my last 1200 instantly. He has K9 again. Turn is another 7. River is the dreaded A! He gets another stay from the governor. About 15 hands later, I go out when my JJ runs into AA for 6th place. Did you ever have just one guy who kept getting lucky on you like this?I apologize for the very long post, but it is as short as I can make it.

Is this a typical online SNG structure where the blinds escalate about every 10-15 hands or so? If so, I don't think you played well at all.10th hand of the night, so I'm assuming the blinds are next to nothing. You call 30% of your stack with 99? Really, fold this hand. Or, at worst, go all in. Don't just call with 99 this early on.5 hands later, blinds are still very low. Why even bother playing Axs? Really, don't think about playing this hand this early on, especially three-handed.5 hands later, again blinds are low. You raise 5x BB with A4? Horrible raise. I know you tried to blind-steal but, really, this early on in the SNG, blind-stealing is rather pointless.I know you didn't ask for help but I think you should tighten up A LOT.

lol, i think you need to work on your game.you played far from perfect and yea hes lucky when ur JJ doesnt hold up against his AA. And you raising with A-4 not such a smart idea. i think you gotta move down to some 5.50 Sit n gos and really get the kinks out of your game.

• 3 years later...
Did you get that monkey off of your back yet, Zimmy?
Yes he did. He dipped his lily pad in her frog. Or stuck his frog on her lily pad. Or, he banged a frog. I'm confused