F C P Protege's ... What The Heck Ever Happened To Them?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike (Naked Cowboy) and I are still around
I played in the first one (pre lims) and have met and hung out a bit with both Brian and T-Mak. I was just wondering if they ever come thru the Forums anymore. It's been a very long time since I've seen them here.At the Series last summer I met and talked to Brian again. He was in his dealer garb at Bills. I asked him how it was going, what he had been doing since winning the Protege, becoming part of Negreanu Inc., playing of a living in Vegas, being a pro. etc. He just sort of smiled and told me he was "dealing mostly now, playing softball, but had 'New Friends' " etc. I asked him if he was playing at all, ever spoke to DN or his team, etc. He just grinned and looked away a bit, gave a long pause and a "uhhhhhhh...I have moved on and am happy. You should, come by later and play here at Bills. It's a good time, o.k.? nice to see you again...." . Yikes. I felt like I embarrassed him somehow. "Sorry Fids!" It was good to see him again. He was super nice as usual but seemed to not really not want to go anywhere near anything FCP related. Brian is good peeps and I hope he is doing great out there.I spent some time with Anthony too in 2007 and he seemed to be completely overwhelmed by the whole thing. Really nice guy, math dude, but I got the feeling he was not going to make poker a career. Anyway, if you guys are out there still, holla. :club:

I think I played with Anthony at a 7PM Caesars tourney last November. Final two tables he shoves 8bb's UTG, folds to me, I shove with 10bb's from the SB. The BB calls.Anthony AAMe AQosBB 44river 4 gg us

Mike (Naked Cowboy) and I are still around
Do'h! Sorry Gobears... honestly, I forgot all who was in it except for the 2 winners, Lois and Jerry. This is what happens when you get old. :club: