optimum add-on strategy

I recently started playing the tournaments w/ rebuys on Party and I was wondering if anybody had an idea about what the best strategy was for adding on. Should you do it everytime since many/most will do so? Or only if not adding on would leave you at or below average? Any ideas/theories?

I actually haven't read books strategies for rebuys... maybe they discuss this, but I rebuy plenty and addon no matter what...If you're playing to win then adding on is the obvious move it seems regardless of chip stack, again, you're not playing to save a buy in here and there, you want final table money.So say you add on for 100 tournies, 100 extra buyin's, but im sure the amount you make up in payouts (again if your a good player, a bad player is a loser regardless of addons and such I assumer) should be greater than that. Usually the addon is about half of the avg. stack, and even more in the more expensive rebuys (stars 100's), so it is definately worth it if you're not a nickel and dimer.I usually addon even if I have around 10k by first break, (although I could see an argument of why this isn't as useful), but it still has utility, its worth less than if I was an avg stack but is still the right choice I think.

ive started playing those too.starting today that is was down to the last 300 in one earlier and my KK got smacked down when QQ hit a set on the flop.i havent read anything on the subject, but i add-on no matter what.its only the buy-in -the tournament fee. and you get 1500 chips.so unless your sittin high on the big stackwhich is at least 50k at first break in the $6.if you make the money it will pay off. these payouts are crazy.2k re-buys 600 add onsyour bound tomake a good profit in these if yuor a consistently good tournament player.

are you playing in the $6 right now?if so update me.ive got 9k didnt re-buy once. but i added on.my whole table is weak/tightits wonderfull.and none of them will lay down AK.

verynice.whats your handle.im up too 12kbut imlike a freaking bad beat machine right now.i flushed out KK with my AK hearts. for a big pot.and i tripped against Queens with eights earlier in the tournament.gotta thank the poker gods im still this one.

yeah, i'm in it, sitting on a little over 12000. table 43. I didn't have to rebuy for once, just the add-on.
i see your still at 12k table 23. glim on table 19 waters is on 6.

I lost about a third of my stack when this happened:Blinds 100/200My stack, 16k (M=53)Middle position holding 5-5 Fold, Fold, Limp, (I Limp), Fold, Limp, Limp, Sb Fold, CheckPot: 1100Flop A A 3 rainbow.Checked around.Turn K.Checked around.River 8.Checked to the button who makes the minimum bet. I KNOW he's weak and trying to pick it up.I set him all-in to push him off any marginal holdings he may consider calling with.He calls. Flips over: J 8 I'm amazed that he made that call. He could only beat pretty much a complete bluff. But he put me on it. I also push with strong hands when I think I'm being sandbagged....But wow....he had to be 100% sure i didn't have so much as a king.Hovering now, don't need to make a move just yet.

I'm out.Sitting in middle position.Stack: $10,775Blinds: 300/600My hand: [A :club: A :spade: ]Action: Fold Fold Limp (chip leader) Me: Raise to 1800 Fold around to the limper who calls.Pot: 4500Flop: 6 K 7 rainbow.Action: She Checks, I bet 2000 and she calls.Turn 9Action: She checks, I bet 3000 and she raises me to 3000 more. I reraise all-in for 975 more.She flips over: T :club: 8 :D for a straight.Drawing dead....River is a meaningless K.She was the chipleader, but with only 23k going in. Couldn't afford to be pissing away several thousand at a time, I'd think. Anyway, that's poker.

I remember seeing some table a while ago shwoing the diminishing returns on add-ons and when it gets to the point that its not worth your money. Can't remember where though, but try googling it, there's one out there.

I remember seeing some table a while ago shwoing the diminishing returns on add-ons and when it gets to the point that its not worth your money. Can't remember where though, but try googling it, there's one out there.
http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archive...es/samuel32.htm