I was playing live at the Tropicana in AC this weekend and played two interesting hands with top pair and a flush draw.The first one was against the tightest player at the table. I had :icon_dance: :icon_dance: .The flop came :icon_dance::):icon_dance: . The tighest player at the tabel led out for $25, there was abut $40 in the pot. I called hoping the two players behind would call but they both folded. A blank comes on the turn she leads out for $50. I call. Another blank on the river and she moves in for like $24 dollars. At that point I call being that there is so much in the pot, even though I am 99% sure I don't have the best of it. She turns over pocket 4s. The second time I have :icon_dance::icon_dance: and limp from middle position. The small blind (a very laggy player) calls and the big blind (a smart player that was mixing up his game nicely) raises to $10. I call as does the small blind. The flop comes :club::D:). The small blinds bets out $15, the big blind calls. I raise to $60, knowing that the small blind will bet any flop he thinks missed the other players and bets his draws. The small blind folds. The big blind thinks for about 30-45 seconds and calls. At this point I think he has :D:D, :):D , 66, 55 or maybe AQ. The flop brings the :icon_dance: , the big blind checks and I bet out $100. He thinks for about a minute and just calls. At this point I'm not to sure about his hand. The river is :icon_dance: the big blind moves all in for about $260 or so. Do I call or fold. Any other thoughts on how to play top pair with a big flush draw would be greatly appreciated.

I was playing live at the Tropicana in AC this weekend and played two interesting hands with top pair and a flush draw.The first one was against the tightest player at the table. I had :icon_dance: :icon_dance: .The flop came :icon_dance::):icon_dance: . The tighest player at the tabel led out for $25, there was abut $40 in the pot. I called hoping the two players behind would call but they both folded. A blank comes on the turn she leads out for $50. I call. Another blank on the river and she moves in for like $24 dollars. At that point I call being that there is so much in the pot, even though I am 99% sure I don't have the best of it. She turns over pocket 4s. The second time I have :icon_dance::icon_dance: and limp from middle position. The small blind (a very laggy player) calls and the big blind (a smart player that was mixing up his game nicely) raises to $10. I call as does the small blind. The flop comes :club::D:). The small blinds bets out $15, the big blind calls. I raise to $60, knowing that the small blind will bet any flop he thinks missed the other players and bets his draws. The small blind folds. The big blind thinks for about 30-45 seconds and calls. At this point I think he has :D:D, :):D , 66, 55 or maybe AQ. The flop brings the :icon_dance: , the big blind checks and I bet out $100. He thinks for about a minute and just calls. At this point I'm not to sure about his hand. The river is :icon_dance: the big blind moves all in for about $260 or so. Do I call or fold. Any other thoughts on how to play top pair with a big flush draw would be greatly appreciated.
First hand is standard. Second hand: you don't mention stack sizes, but you should push the turn if it's a few hundred or less.
First hand is standard. Second hand: you don't mention stack sizes, but you should push the turn if it's a few hundred or less.
We both started the hand with around $400. On the turn he had about $360.Push my $380 or so into a pot of $150 or so?
First hand is fine, you got stuck into it.Second hand i check the turn and fold the river. If hes as solid as you think he is your not ahead on the river.
As I count it the call is $625/$260, 2.4:1 unless I'm missing something. I like the price but I believe Villian had you dominated preflop. I think the diamonds scared him and he went and made Aces up on the river. It fits everything you described. I'm folding when the Ace hits and saying, "Nice catch" as I missle my cards into the muck.On the turn you bet $100 into a pot of $165 which gives you the drawing odds if Villian calls and that's probably when he knew for sure you were on the draw. When you blanked on the river he knew he probably already had you but improved to Aces up and hoped you'd call the 2.4:1. As for how to play that draw better? I'm open to other ideas but I'd be feeling like we're beat already and need the flush to win. Villian is offering you a free river so I'd take it even though you might not get paid if you hit. He know's you're dead with the brick on the river.My $0.02~M

with 65 in the pot on the first hand including her bet i probably put her all in on the flop...It would only be 9 more than the pot size. Not being results oriented, your ahead of a lot of hands here

with 65 in the pot on the first hand including her bet i probably put her all in on the flop...It would only be 9 more than the pot size. Not being results oriented, your ahead of a lot of hands here
when I went over the hand in my head afterwards I thought the same thing.As for the second hand. After I thought about it for a minute or so I mucked. When I was getting up to leave, he pulled me aside and told me he had pocket aces. So I was behind the whole time. In thinking about the hand more I feel like I should have checked the turn, to try and catch the flush for free, calling my re-raise probbaly should have told me that top pair was no good. any other thoughts on playing this type of hand is still welcome.
. In thinking about the hand more I feel like I should have checked the turn, to try and catch the flush for free, calling my re-raise probbaly should have told me that top pair was no good. any other thoughts on playing this type of hand is still welcome.
That's the beauty of semi-bluffing in position - free cards. Unfortunately it kinda makes your hand a bit transparent, but that's usually not a problem.