Top 2 In A 3b Pot Vs River Blocker Bet

alright, this hand was played by a friend and the hero and I discussed it for a bit and it got me thinking.So villain is 22/20 over small sample. Nothing to note about 3b or fold to 3b just a standard TAGish type. Hero has been fairly tightferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $30.01 UTG+1: $15.20 CO: $16.32 Button: $43.81 SB: $49.43 BB: $26.82 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Ac.gifJc.gif (6 players)2 folds, CO calls $0.25, Button folds, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.50, CO folds, SB calls $1.50Flop: ($5.25) As.gifJh.gif4h.gif (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.75, SB calls $2.75Turn: ($10.75) 7h.gif (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5.75, SB calls $5.75River: ($22.25) 8s.gif (2 players)SB bets $4, Effective stacks are $15.82Now, river decision. I think villain mainly has AQ (with or without one heart) here and is blocker betting as he wants to get to showdown and doesn't want to get shoved on.1) What do we do on the river? Any value in a shove?2) Is the turn a bet/call always vs unknown TAG? Do we like the turn bet and sizing?3) If villain jams river what are our thoughts?4) If a heart smacks the river, say the 8h.gif, and he bets $4, do we look him up getting 5-1?

Also, thoughts on other streets would be appreciated.Like is the 3b pre >>> flatting and playing a pot IP vs the reg and with the limper as well? We dominate some of his iso hands.

I certainly dont think I can fold with that small of a bet on the river.I would bet more on the flop for sure. Someone with a flush draw isnt going to fold so we mind as well get value from his draws, AQ,AK certainly isnt going anywhere so lets get as much value as we can.I like the half pot bet on the turn when the flush comes in. Keeps AK, AQ,AT, KK, QQ, in with a smallish bet.The river I think I would just call. If we jam I just dont see us getting called by worse. I think for the most part I would expect to see AQ,AK, QQ,KK but I wouldnt be surprised to see 55 or some small flush.

Effective stacks are $15.82Now, river decision. I think villain mainly has AQ (with or without one heart) here and is blocker betting as he wants to get to showdown and doesn't want to get shoved on.1) What do we do on the river? Any value in a shove?2) Is the turn a bet/call always vs unknown TAG? Do we like the turn bet and sizing?3) If villain jams river what are our thoughts?4) If a heart smacks the river, say the 8h.gif, and he bets $4, do we look him up getting 5-1?
Preflop I'd prolly rather flat then 3 bet till I knew what his tendencies were oop against 3 bets. For example if he is a more 4bet or fold type player i would never 3 bet here, but if he tended to flat 3 bets oop a lot and only 4 bet a tight range then I think 3 betting would be ok. So yeah I think flatting pre here is better but 3 betting prolly is not that bad. Post flop I like your bet sizing To answer the questions i have quoted 1. I believe there is value to shoving the river here, esp since it really looks like a blocker bet. We are going to value own our selves a % of the time with the jam but not very often IMO. And of course he is going to actually be able to blocker bet fold a % of the time. But if he is almost always making a bet here with worse then we are basically free rolling on whether or not he is capable of folding to the raise. I think he is going to convince himself we are jamming worse enough to see a decent profit.2. I would sigh and click call if we got crai on the turn. That may be bad i don't know, Id like to think he had enough AhXx hands that might c/r to make it an ok call, but I'll leave that for others who play more 6 max then I do to answer that question.3. I'm snapping a jam on the river cause that line is so weird (c/c c/c donk jam) on this board that Im not going to give it a ton of credit, esp since we have <PSB left on the river and have top two 4. Meh I don't know the answer to that one. I'm not sure we will have the best hand enough for it to be profitable if he donks small when the 4th hart hits the river. But Id prolly call cause I'm a huge station.

click back turn imo. if he bets blank river i probably call

I agree with Drew that flatting is probably best in this situation PF, but if you're going to 3-bet I'd make a tad larger. I'd also bet more on the flop and turn.I said a bunch of shit in my previous post that sucked, so I'm just going to say shove because I'm not sure why a reg would take this line with a hand that beats you, unless he's really tricky. I also hate checking turn and calling any blank river. I'm probably b/cing turn.

Do you even read the HH's you comment on? Lol.
yes i do. i know we are IP and im saying i would not be betting the turn. i would check to pot control and not turn my hand into a bluff. and on the river if he bets a reasonable amount i would call bc he will think we are weak a lot given the line. lets him bluff at us. granted he could still have a flush and we get owned, but i think checking the turn gets more value out of his air/ weakish parts of his range.why are you betting the turn? i highly doubt it is for value in your opinion. so we want him to fold. why do we want him to fold all his weak hands when we have 2p? thats what im trying to point out. i would rather barrel air or be value betting a flush. bc i doubt you get called by worse when betting this turn. with this hand you cant get better to fold or worse to call. i mean i highly doubt your goal is to move him off a baby flush here. as played on the river i think he is sucker betting you and i would fold. clearly he wants a call. so unless you think you have the dynamics set up to move him off a baby flush, ez fold.
I also hate checking turn and calling any blank river. I'm probably b/cing turn.
what is he c/ring that we beat? asides from random air?
yes i do. i know we are IP and im saying i would not be betting the turn. i would check to pot control and not turn my hand into a bluff. and on the river if he bets a reasonable amount i would call bc he will think we are weak a lot given the line. lets him bluff at us. granted he could still have a flush and we get owned, but i think checking the turn gets more value out of his air/ weakish parts of his range.
well the turn bet should be almost automatic imowe are not bluffing at allllllllllwe get value from AX and any single heart, especially if they have a heart. If they have AhXx or AxQh or something, they have a ton of equity and we should charge them on the turn.
yes i do. i know we are IP and im saying i would not be betting the turn. i would check to pot control and not turn my hand into a bluff. and on the river if he bets a reasonable amount i would call bc he will think we are weak a lot given the line. lets him bluff at us. granted he could still have a flush and we get owned, but i think ch
Click back does not equal check back.

^ dear god im done.