Weird Situation

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB (t3070)UTG (t7865)UTG+1 (t12007)MP1 (t2450)MP2 (t7165)MP3 (t20840)CO (t11675)Hero (t9010)SB (t9285)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :club: , T :D . 6 folds, Hero calls t150, 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: (t375) 9 :D , 7 :D , T :D(2 players)BB bets t2920 (All-In), Hero ??No reads on this guy, except that he's probably desperate for a double up as he shoved from EP a few hands ago and picked up the blinds.I probably should have raised preflop but chose to just call. Im confused as hell when he shoves, and I put him on KT, 8T, QJ, QT, or maybe 2 clubs. Should I risk a 3rd of my stack here when I have very little invested, or just fold it and wait for a better spot.

I SHOULD HAVE raised preflop but chose to just call. Im confused as hell when he shoves, and I put him on KT, 8T, QJ, QT, or maybe 2 clubs. Should I risk a 3rd of my stack here when I have very little invested, or just fold it and wait for a better spot.
FYP. Not raising here is flat out a mistake, no debate required. And your failure to raise is partly why this is a tough decision - you have no idea what he might have. If you raise, you (theoretically) force him to have a real hand in order to call or raise. Here, his range is the entire deck.I generally interpret an open overshove like this as either a draw or a weak pair holding. A strong hand is going to try and induce some action; a huge overshove like this is generally wanting you to fold (although there is an increasing trend with people using this play as reverse psychology with big hands, but I'm not giving him that much credit without some history).Given your chip stack, I'd be inclined to look him up, and I bet that you are ahead a significant percentage of the time.