Obvious Chip Dump?

my 2nd hand at this table and this happens... guy raises 1400 pf at 100/200, bb shoves for 200 more and he folds...i'm about to report this, i'll let everyone know how it comes outPokerStars Game #12589124787: Tournament #63176968, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/10/12 - 17:26:28 (ET)Table '63176968 180' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: Villeroi (17772 in chips) Seat 2: imekanni (25332 in chips) Seat 3: gibler321 (20425 in chips) Seat 4: upyourMF (4610 in chips) Seat 5: favorito5 (11405 in chips) Seat 6: bastim1986 (3867 in chips) Seat 7: rmpvieira (7034 in chips) Seat 8: howl9k (9709 in chips) Seat 9: sterlina (1611 in chips) howl9k: posts small blind 100sterlina: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to gibler321 [9h 7s]Villeroi: folds imekanni: folds gibler321: folds upyourMF: folds favorito5: raises 1200 to 1400bastim1986: folds rmpvieira: folds howl9k: folds sterlina: raises 211 to 1611 and is all-infavorito5: folds sterlina collected 2900 from potsterlina: doesn't show hand gibler321 said, "?"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2900 | Rake 0 Seat 1: Villeroi folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: imekanni folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: gibler321 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: upyourMF folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: favorito5 folded before FlopSeat 6: bastim1986 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: rmpvieira (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: howl9k (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: sterlina (big blind) collected (2900)

Yeh, I think it should be reported so that Stars can look into the possibility that these two have done it before. However, one instance of it doesn't necessarily mean chip dumping. It could have been a misclick, brain fart, or slightly below average pokerstars player.

my 2nd hand at this table and this happens... guy raises 1400 pf at 100/200, bb shoves for 200 more and he folds...i'm about to report this, i'll let everyone know how it comes outPokerStars Game #12589124787: Tournament #63176968, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/10/12 - 17:26:28 (ET)Table '63176968 180' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: Villeroi (17772 in chips) Seat 2: imekanni (25332 in chips) Seat 3: gibler321 (20425 in chips) Seat 4: upyourMF (4610 in chips) Seat 5: favorito5 (11405 in chips) Seat 6: bastim1986 (3867 in chips) Seat 7: rmpvieira (7034 in chips) Seat 8: howl9k (9709 in chips) Seat 9: sterlina (1611 in chips) howl9k: posts small blind 100sterlina: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to gibler321 [9h 7s]Villeroi: folds imekanni: folds gibler321: folds upyourMF: folds favorito5: raises 1200 to 1400bastim1986: folds rmpvieira: folds howl9k: folds sterlina: raises 211 to 1611 and is all-infavorito5: folds sterlina collected 2900 from potsterlina: doesn't show hand gibler321 said, "?"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2900 | Rake 0 Seat 1: Villeroi folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: imekanni folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: gibler321 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: upyourMF folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: favorito5 folded before FlopSeat 6: bastim1986 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: rmpvieira (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: howl9k (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: sterlina (big blind) collected (2900)
the answer is in the questionps-- id report
ok so your telling me if you misclick and raise to 1000 your not going to call with any two for 200 more chips ?blatant collusion or just a retarded player report and await response gl
no, they're saying the folding for 200 chips is the misclick, not the original raise
Yeh, I think it should be reported so that Stars can look into the possibility that these two have done it before. However, one instance of it doesn't necessarily mean chip dumping. It could have been a misclick, brain fart, or slightly below average pokerstars player.
Isn't that like calling the grand canyon a small ditch?

poker stars support = good. i guess they didnt collude though...Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Thank you for reporting your concerns to us. Although we do monitor the games for collusion, we always appreciate vigilant players such as yourself reporting any strange or unusual play to us for review. I have completed my investigation into the accounts of the players 'favorito5' & 'sterlina'.The first thing that we look for in such cases is a relationship between the two players. In this instance, they live in Switzerland and Brazil. They have never logged in from a common computer or internet connection.I then look for frequency of play together. I am looking to see if these players seem to be seeking each other out. Although a high frequency of play is not necessarily an indictment, it can be an indication of unethical play. In this case, this is the only tournament they've played in. There are also no other links between their accounts that would indicate any kind of relationship. With that said, the real question comes in the play of the tournaments. One of the advantages of online poker is that there is a full record of every hand, and after the fact, we can look through the hands with all cards face up; as a result, cheaters cannot hide what they are doing. In looking at tournament play for collusion, we check for such things as:1) Best hand play - Where the two players play only the better of their two hands2) Softplay - The two colluding players refuse to play aggressively against each other in circumstances they usually would if they were playing against another person. For example, one player checks down a full house against a friend so that he does not bust his friend out of a tournament. 3) Chip dumping/Stack balancing, where the large stack folds to small stack to balance their chips. The idea is that this gives them both a higher chance of cashing, or making more money.I reviewed this tournament with all cards face up, looking for any forms of collusion. These two players played a total of 13 hands, whilst the hand in question, Game #12589124787, certainly looks suspicious as 'favorito5' folds after a substantial raise, we must realise this is just one hand. We simply cannot take action against a player for making a poor poker decision, after all it could be as simple as a mis-click.Overall, given the lack of any previous play together, the lack of any relationship between their two accounts, there is nothing to indicate that these two players are colluding in any way. I will however place notes in both player's accounts indicating this review and your concerns, and if any future suspicious play is noted between them, there will be a record of your email for reference.As you can see, we have a lot of tools at our disposal which help us keep our games honest and fair. In addition, the thousands of honest, vigilant players who point out situations that merit investigation are an important part of our arsenal. Thank you for doing your part to protect the integrity of our games.Having said all of that, however, I would be remiss if I didn't discuss your actions. You accused these players of doing "the most obvious chip dump ever" in open chat. There are several reasons why we would ask that you not do this again. First and foremost, you run the risk of accusing innocent players, as was the case here. Second, it can create a "feeding frenzy" of suspicion, which can then encourage otherwise honest players into colluding against those they suspect are colluding. Finally, if the players being accused of colluding *ARE* colluding, they will likely stop, thereby hampering our ability to properly research their activities.In the future, please just bring your concerns to us, and rest assured that we will thoroughly research all claims.Regards,ChevyPokerStars Support Team

Having said all of that, however, I would be remiss if I didn't discuss your actions. You accused these players of doing "the most obvious chip dump ever" in open chat. There are several reasons why we would ask that you not do this again. First and foremost, you run the risk of accusing innocent players, as was the case here. Second, it can create a "feeding frenzy" of suspicion, which can then encourage otherwise honest players into colluding against those they suspect are colluding. Finally, if the players being accused of colluding *ARE* colluding, they will likely stop, thereby hampering our ability to properly research their activities.In the future, please just bring your concerns to us, and rest assured that we will thoroughly research all claims.Regards,ChevyPokerStars Support Team
PS 1, Gib 0

I'm certainly impressed with pokerstars and their response to this matter. It's nice to know that they took it seriously and seemed to investigate it to the best of their ablity. I've thought about it some more, and think it was either a misclick or the original raiser saw an "all in" reraise, and was too stupid to realize that it was only a couple hundred more chips.I've only misclicked once in the recent past, but it was a pretty bad one. I accidentally called an equal stack's all in with Q5 offsuit, on the bubble of a tournament. Of course I sucked out, and yes, I justifiably was verbally abused by the poor guy for a while.

poker stars support = good. i guess they didnt collude though...Having said all of that, however, I would be remiss if I didn't discuss your actions. You accused these players of doing "the most obvious chip dump ever" in open chat. There are several reasons why we would ask that you not do this again. First and foremost, you run the risk of accusing innocent players, as was the case here. Second, it can create a "feeding frenzy" of suspicion, which can then encourage otherwise honest players into colluding against those they suspect are colluding. Finally, if the players being accused of colluding *ARE* colluding, they will likely stop, thereby hampering our ability to properly research their activities.In the future, please just bring your concerns to us, and rest assured that we will thoroughly research all claims.Regards,ChevyPokerStars Support Team
PS 1, Gib 0
Pwned!!!!!!!!!!!