Question For Daniel

I live near Tunica MS and play local tourneys several times a week, I've been playing for about 5 years now, and I'm not good at many things but I have this knack for poker. I get to the final table around 85 percent of the time, been logging my wins for a year and a half. My question is this, how do you overcome bad players who suck out, draw out, and don't take the game seriously? I'm moving to Vegas next year and I seriously want to make a living doing this. I'm working on the small ball method and it seems to be working for me. I also try to mix things up at the table and am becoming fearless while still staying cautious. It really pisses me off when men try to bully me because I'm female. They don't think a woman can play and I think that's one of the reasons you don't see many women at the final table at big tourneys. So what do I do to get them to sit up and take notice that I'm probably better than 70 percent of the players at the table? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. P. Goddess

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get to the final table 85% of the time but are better than 70% of the other players, unless you enter v small tourneys, this is an obvious case of overachieving. If you can improve your skill level by 15% and convince the other 15% to take you seriously, eventually stats of 100% are achievable.

Yep at least. I know that's hard to believe but I can make down to the final pretty easy. Come on down to Tunica and we'll play a tourney. B)
2 table tournies?I mean, it's not to say you don't, but they can't be very big tournies.

Is this a serious post?I hope not. I've never flamed someone but I think it might be time to do so. You're basically posting this to say "hey daniel i'm a girl that plays poker". And because of that, I think that

TTIWWP show your ...
would do a better job.
Is this a serious post?I hope not. I've never flamed someone but I think it might be time to do so. You're basically posting this to say "hey daniel i'm a girl that plays poker". And because of that, I think that would do a better job.
Well I'm not flamed and I didn't post this to say "hey daniel I'm a girl that plays poker" If you're not female then you don't know what I'm referring to. It isn't easy for a female in poker world, whether or not you want to believe that is your choice. It was a serious post and two questions I'd like him to answer for me. Fair enough???
Correct. Respect at the poker table is something you rarely want.
Ok imagine you're at a table with Daniel, Phil H., Phil I., Farha, Duke, Harmon, and a couple of other heavy hitters, you mean to tell me you wouldn't want to gain their respect as a good player by playing excellent poker?
I final table every tournament I play in.Granted they are 9man SnG's. But still...
I'm talking live poker not internet. Oh well never mind, obviously I made a mistake trying to talk poker with some of you people here. Good luck in future tourneys........
Well I'm not flamed and I didn't post this to say "hey daniel I'm a girl that plays poker" If you're not female then you don't know what I'm referring to. It isn't easy for a female in poker world, whether or not you want to believe that is your choice. It was a serious post and two questions I'd like him to answer for me. Fair enough???
Do you really think that anyone would say anything OTHER than "Use it to your advantage because these players are underestimating you" ????Every single one of us is stereotyped at a poker table, no matter who you are and how you look. Whether you're a good looking chick or an old white-haired man...there is a stereotype for you as soon as you sit down. It's obviously up to you to use that image to your advantage. And you're complaining about it? Don't you think that is one of the factors of why you're successful??I know it is for me. People call me down all the way every time I bet because of the way I look. I would never complain about it, it's a blessing. Yeah it means I get sucked out on more but it means I get paid more also.
Um. See, but...Yea TTIWWP.
Ok imagine you're at a table with Daniel, Phil H., Phil I., Farha, Duke, Harmon, and a couple of other heavy hitters, you mean to tell me you wouldn't want to gain their respect as a good player by playing excellent poker?
My goal is to gain money, not respect. Once you gain respect as being a good player you lose some action.
Do you really think that anyone would say anything OTHER than "Use it to your advantage because these players are underestimating you" ????Every single one of us is stereotyped at a poker table, no matter who you are and how you look. Whether you're a good looking chick or an old white-haired man...there is a stereotype for you as soon as you sit down. It's obviously up to you to use that image to your advantage. And you're complaining about it? Don't you think that is one of the factors of why you're successful??I know it is for me. People call me down all the way every time I bet because of the way I look. I would never complain about it, it's a blessing. Yeah it means I get sucked out on more but it means I get paid more also.
Yeah, you've made some valid points, however, it can work against you, especially when you play some of the same people a lot. I guess what I need to do is travel around and play tourneys in other parts of the country. But I do understand what you're saying, and I never underestimate anyone I'm playing. I guess I'm talking about the all out donkey players that play just to phuck you up because they know you're good. Thanks for the input though I do appreciate it.

I still don't understand the point of this thread...You're final tabling 85% of the time and yet you still complain about not having respect from every single player that walks into a card room. Stop trying to be the most feared person ever assuming you play as good as you do and just keep banking. The point of poker is to make money.