Fcp Tuesday Night Flipaments!

Hey Guys,I set up the Tuesday Night Flipaments schedule as located in the picture below.untitledto1.jpgI thought since this is all for fun and games, we could do something a little different tonight. I was at my dad's for lunch today and he mentioned how the local adult literacy charity my step-mom volunteers for will be running a fundraiser soon, and he asked if I would donate $10 or so. I said sure, but I had a better idea. I mentioned how we play flipaments and he thought it was funny, so I came up with this idea after talking with a few FCP'ers and talking with stars support.-Take 10% of the prize money in the flipaments and donate it. Across the 6 flipaments, I estimate that would be somewhere around 100$ based on entry by FCPers only. I wanted stars to withhold it but they said the couldn't do that. So, for those who cash, they can send me 10% of their cash for me to donate. This effectively lowers the prizepool by 10%, and is like everyone in the flipament donating $1.Just to give a little background on the work the charity does.. Its a group of volunteers who go to people who come to the charity for help learning to read, and they follow a learning tool guide to get them on their way. The majority of the people who get help are 30-45 and working people who feel empty by not knowing how to read. Like every charity, they have bills to pay and even a small amount like $100 can go a long way.I felt this was a worthy cause and hope you guys do too by participating in the flipaments tonight!PM me or msg me on aim for the passwords.Patrick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how donating winnings will affect me. :club: Too bad we can't get some sort of deal where the site matches our donation. DN might do it if it were on FCP.

I can't see how donating winnings will affect me. :club: Too bad we can't get some sort of deal where the site matches our donation. DN might do it if it were on FCP.
yea, its not like theyre a major organization or anything. odd no one else has replied yet..lol usually about 40 degenerates would have by now :D
yea, its not like theyre a major organization or anything. odd no one else has replied yet..lol usually about 40 degenerates would have by now :club:
Degenerate #1I would.But I can't.No internet @ home.Great idea though.

I think you should make some more for tonight, they go quickly and you have them started at 9 central time. I don't even get home until later so I would probably not get to play until the last couple. Make some more at like 10 central and I think you will get more players.I'm cool with donating 10% too.

I probably won't play any flipaments tonight. After just two sessions, I'm a full blown addict, so I have to lay off for one night.As for the donation, great idea.

I probably won't play any flipaments tonight. After just two sessions, I'm a full blown addict, so I have to lay off for one night.As for the donation, great idea.
im starting to think this isnt going to happen.. i have a feeling people are uneasy about my idea.
im starting to think this isnt going to happen.. i have a feeling people are uneasy about my idea.
Wasn't someone going to set up a flipament for the sunday millions?I'm way too lazy to create or run the flip, but it's a great idea.
$50 ont he As, or 5 flipaments...decisions decisiosn.
id only put 50$ on the a's if dennis eckersley was pitching.

I think your donation idea is very altruistic, but let's face it...this is an internet forum and people are going to be naturally skeptical about giving money to someone they don't really know. I actually haven't yet decided whether I should trust you enough to donate, but I probably will. Of course, I also haven't decided whether or not to try this flipament thing yet, but it does sound like fun.

I think your donation idea is very altruistic, but let's face it...this is an internet forum and people are going to be naturally skeptical about giving money to someone they don't really know. I actually haven't yet decided whether I should trust you enough to donate, but I probably will. Of course, I also haven't decided whether or not to try this flipament thing yet, but it does sound like fun.
hey, i understand where youd be skeptical, i would be too. i have no reason to screw everyone over, whats that goign to make me look like, an ***.. and plus, having on my conscience that i lied about a charitable organization for a measly 100$ when i have a job already.. when i get the money from stars after cashing it out, im going to give it to my step-mom who is the treasurer, and get her to write me a tax receipt and im going to scan it and post it.patrick
Sounds like a Donk Fest.But the whole donation thing just looks bad, like a scam that will keep people away, sry.
this is the 3rd night i organized these.. plus, read the post above. im going to do whatever i can to alleviate any fears of fraud or whatnot.
hey, i understand where youd be skeptical, i would be too. i have no reason to screw everyone over, whats that goign to make me look like, an ***.. and plus, having on my conscience that i lied about a charitable organization for a measly 100$ when i have a job already.. when i get the money from stars after cashing it out, im going to give it to my step-mom who is the treasurer, and get her to write me a tax receipt and im going to scan it and post it.
I get where you're coming from, but you do have to realize that FCP has a history of this sort of thing. Trebor scammed Indiana Chris for only $50 once, so I totally see people being skeptical and I think it's justified. That said, I think you're probably one the up and up with this and I'd like to help out. I likely won't be playing in the flipament thing, but I may donate a little money anyway. You can be expecting a PM from me sometime tonight.
I get where you're coming from, but you do have to realize that FCP has a history of this sort of thing. Trebor scammed Indiana Chris for only $50 once, so I totally see people being skeptical and I think it's justified. That said, I think you're probably one the up and up with this and I'd like to help out. I likely won't be playing in the flipament thing, but I may donate a little money anyway. You can be expecting a PM from me sometime tonight.
hey, ya dont have to donate. i was totally unaware of the past fraud withtrebor. i was just hoping that we could get 10% of the pools. much appreciated though. either way, its a worthy cause that ive personally seen help quite a few people around town.patrick

i know this is a wasted post, but why the hell do people not support FCP poker room more. They come here to the forums (yes I know the forums were here first) but they won't support the poker site. Don't you think FCP can handle this kind of gig? Maybe not. I have never tried it. I don't play on poker stars so I guess I am out of luck.Yes I know most people play on many sights. That is fine. But you would think that at LEAST these crappy silly type games would be on FCP.

i know this is a wasted post, but why the hell do people not support FCP poker room more. They come here to the forums (yes I know the forums were here first) but they won't support the poker site. Don't you think FCP can handle this kind of gig? Maybe not. I have never tried it. I don't play on poker stars so I guess I am out of luck.Yes I know most people play on many sights. That is fine. But you would think that at LEAST these crappy silly type games would be on FCP.
FCP sucks, at least the network sucks, the less people play on it, the more they might realize most FCPers actually hate playing on FCP and make some changes.
FCP sucks, at least the network sucks, the less people play on it, the more they might realize most FCPers actually hate playing on FCP and make some changes.
That does not seem valid.Poker is poker.that network has arguably the largest number of members on the sites that are still available here in the states.Besides, we are talking about a freakin flipament tournament here. Not a $20k guaranteed tournament.
That does not seem valid.Poker is poker.that network has arguably the largest number of members on the sites that are still available here in the states.Besides, we are talking about a freakin flipament tournament here. Not a $20k guaranteed tournament.
UNITED STATES PLAYERS CAN PLAY ON POKERSTARSAny yes, FCP sucks.
no, stars has more members.also, I challenge you to name a single thing about the onegame network that makes it better than pokerstars that isnt that: they offer 5 card draw or that they host the negreanu protege tourneys