Jaime Golds Talking At The Table

Watched WSOP last night .. Seemed like , everytime Jaime was in a hand , he flopped nuts or close to it . Must be nice to have 17 million in chips , close your eyes , flop nuts and get the other guy to call you . This is more of a rant , but wtf is up with the talking he was doing to the other players. "Oh man , I thought you said chop chop , I was saying TOP TOP , I wouldnt have called! " "What are you doing? I told you that I would have showed you so you didnt need to call" And there are more .. Lon and Norman were hinting at collusion , I dont think it was that , just more along the lines of he was elated that he has so many chips and wanted to offer condolences to his victims , but still .. I dont know , hes terribly annoying and I havent really seen him play ' good ' . Everything is falling for him .. Couple times last night , I predicted what the flop would be since Gold limped , and sure enough almost everytime he flopped nizzo's. Sickening . Done.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on Jamie Gold.His table talk is a bit too much. I think he is over the line with it.I don't want to say he played well, but when your M is consistently 75+, there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling with a marginal hand in position against 1 opponent when you can easily outplay them as well as not get dented if you double them through. Also, the only times he was calling out of position was when he was in a blind with a marginal hand getting pot odds against multiple opponents. I don't recall him limping into any pots when he was first to enter the pot. His preflop selection was phenomenal in my opinion. I can't say he played well because he flopped huge many times. Its easy to play when you flops monsters. I'd be curious to see how "well" he would have played had he not flopped so many large hands.Alpha

I don't recall him limping into any pots when he was first to enter the pot.
Wait until you see the final table.Oh, and is 'Jaime' Jamie Gold's hispanic cousin or something?

Well, it's pretty simple.If Gold was out of line, then he should have been called on it by the WSOP officials. The dealers and other players are perfectly free to bring it to their attention. I didn't see so much as a warning given to him, including from pros at his table, so it's hard to fault Gold on this.

I liked when one of the others made a comment about how he was hitting everything, and Jamie responded, "But I'm playing well too." I'm not saying he can't play well, we just didn't see it. He bluffed one player out of a pot, other than that, he had most players dominated or got lucky when behind and all-in. Not quite a spectacular demonstration of skill in anything he did.I'm looking forward to the final table to see how he plays with Cunningham.

Yeah I thought it was hilarious when the guy said Jaime was hitting every thing and Jaimes response was I'm playing well. But he wasn't. :D he was playing like a total fish. He got very lucky when he was in with hands he shouldnt have been in with. The best though was when he called Cunninghams Reraise with a 10 high flush and goes over to Chan and Chan just gives him a look like he thought Gold was a fu.cking DONK for calling that raise. :club: LMFAO What the hell did he think Cunningham had, that was the easiest flush laydown I have ever seen!

my favorite part was reading the interview and him saying things like he wasnt scared of cunningham and cunningham was scared of him and that he owned cunningham yada yada.but when i watched last night you could tell he was very scared of allen getting chips and even when he called with the flush he looked a allen and said i cant fold that can i, basically asking allen if it was the right play cuase he didnt know. cunninghams reply was sweet to he just says you got to call there thats a cooler.

That's illegal in a tournament isn't it? He couldn't show his cards at that point.
Yes, it's akin to him turning his cards over. It's messes with the integrity of the whole tournament, and should never have been allowed. Any hand played in a tournament not only effects the players in the hand, but every single person still left in the tournament. It's for that reason why things like that are allowed in cash games in some cardrooms, but are strictly forbidden by the TDA.I have no clue what the TD and his staff were doing when he made all these comments; I can only hope it was just oversight.EDIT: Here's a good old RGP thread started by Mike Sexton in reference to Paul Phillips doing something similiar during a WPT event. http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gamblin...c88f1b1eb80f19c
my favorite part was reading the interview and him saying things like he wasnt scared of cunningham and cunningham was scared of him and that he owned cunningham yada yada.
This was much more evident at the final table. I am not a fan of Jamie Gold, however, at the final table he did play a monster stack well. Cunningham was fairly passive at the final table IMO, I will be curious to see if he was cold decked or gunshy. My guess is he was very cold decked and avoided pots with Gold as he was being aggressive with his stack.Flame away.

My question is how does Prahlad fold the 77 on the river after Jamie completely gives away his hand. Granted i could see the whole cards, but that is almost in auto call. If you watched last night Jamie was completely comfortable when he had big hand.. talking freely, making sense, and simply seeming genuine. When Prahlad starting talking to Jamie it appeared he had ants in his pants. He could not talk all the sudden and appeared totally uncomfortable. Once Jamie plays against better competition he absolutly NO chance. Him winning basically proves that to win the Main Event these days you need good table draws and patience. People will literally GIVE YOU their chips.

From the first time they showed Gold I didn't like him. He seemed over confident from the get go. Maybe because Johnny Chan coached him or whatever. I didn't catch both hours last night but from what I saw he was catching hands at the right times and putting pressure on his opponents, something the big stacks should do in my opinion. What I don't get is why people would call his reraises with crap like A6? I think players thought he was just bullying the table and saw a golden opportunity to double up through the chip leader, too bad some of them didn't wait for a better time.

I think that while he didn't necessarily break the rules, he was on thin ice. If you can't handle playing the big stack and sucking out (just because you can) without feeling guilty... the you don't deserve the big stack. He did seem to feel bad for those he sucked out on... that's the name of the game though :)I'm sure he'll be Mr Ego for some time now...granted I would be too If I won the WSOP Main Event

I think that while he didn't necessarily break the rules, he was on thin ice. If you can't handle playing the big stack and sucking out (just because you can) without feeling guilty... the you don't deserve the big stack. He did seem to feel bad for those he sucked out on... that's the name of the game though :)I'm sure he'll be Mr Ego for some time now...granted I would be too If I won the WSOP Main Event
Not that it matters now, since we all know he wasn't penalized and went on to win, but how do his comments _not_ violate this TDA rule:35. Players, whether in the hand or not, may not discuss the hands until the action is complete. Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Discussing cards discarded or hand possibilities is not allowed. A penalty may be given for discussion of hands during the play. Pretty straight forward, no?On a side note, I would kill for them to bring Matt Savage back as the TD.
My question is how does Prahlad fold the 77 on the river after Jamie completely gives away his hand. Granted i could see the whole cards, but that is almost in auto call. If you watched last night Jamie was completely comfortable when he had big hand.. talking freely, making sense, and simply seeming genuine. When Prahlad starting talking to Jamie it appeared he had ants in his pants. He could not talk all the sudden and appeared totally uncomfortable.
Not that I'm a great reader of people, but that did seem weird to me. My thoughts on that hand went like this. Prahlad had a sense he was bluffing, which made him ask the question, "You ever shown a bluff when you say that" or something along those lines, KNOWING that Jamie had and remembering the specifics very clearly. When Jamie came back, "No", and Prahlad knew he was lying, I thought that was all that he needed to make the call. When Prahlad let on that he in fact knew Jamie had shown a bluff in similiar circumstances, I thought he was a **** ing genious for the interrogation. I think it's just one of those things where that late in the tourney he didn't want to put his money in dead on the river. Also, I think if he's not involved in the hand, he would have been thinking he should have called himself.
Watched WSOP last night .. Seemed like , everytime Jaime was in a hand , he flopped nuts or close to it . Must be nice to have 17 million in chips , close your eyes , flop nuts and get the other guy to call you . This is more of a rant , but wtf is up with the talking he was doing to the other players. "Oh man , I thought you said chop chop , I was saying TOP TOP , I wouldnt have called! " "What are you doing? I told you that I would have showed you so you didnt need to call" And there are more .. Lon and Norman were hinting at collusion , I dont think it was that , just more along the lines of he was elated that he has so many chips and wanted to offer condolences to his victims , but still .. I dont know , hes terribly annoying and I havent really seen him play ' good ' . Everything is falling for him .. Couple times last night , I predicted what the flop would be since Gold limped , and sure enough almost everytime he flopped nizzo's. Sickening . Done.
He's a dork. Watching him in one hand revealed that information to me.
Jamie Gold is a complete idiot. Hes a mediocre player with way above average luck....he acts like a dork and he obviously thinks hes god of poker cuz he had a big chipstack.
Youre an idiot.Just like you cant say he's great because he caught a lot of hands you also can't say he sucks just because he got lucky. Every player in the world has had rushes like that where you hit every flop and play marginal hands due to big chip stacks.

I've come to the conclusion that all the Gold haters are just that; jealous haters. I didn't see him do anything that hasn't been done before and done by some of the pros you guys worship. His talk about hands while others were in has happenend a thousand times on tv telecasts and thousands more in live tourneys. How many of you actually play live tourneys in Vegas or AC on a consistent basis? All I saw was a guy who was relatively new to poker who was 1. getting good cards and 2. playing pertty well once he had chips. Point being that you guys always side up with DN when he catches miracle cards and say what a read or he was justified in his call. But you never call him lucky or say anything about his table talk - he's done it too. Was some of it borderline by Gold, yes. Was it collusion or a violation of the rules. I don't believe so. Why is it every year the winner of the WSOP is a taotl donk in your eyes and a lucky ****** that you outplay at anytime? Why aren't you guys there taking it down?