Awesome Suckout

I was the button holding Q 2 offsuit. Everyones pretty even in chip stacks. One guy who normally plays very tight makes a preflop raise about 10% of stack. I call his raise thinking Id bluff him if the flop came low. It is just us 2 in the hand.

Flop is K 2 2.

Guy raises a small amount.

I smooth call

Turn is another 2. Now its K 2 2 2. I hit quad deuces playing this garbage hand LOL.

Other guy makes a large raise. I decide to ship all in. He calls and shows K K and had flopped a boat.

I show my cards and this guys face turned red and hes going "you ****ing played Queen two??? For real??"

River was a useless 9

And there you go LOL. So sick.

Ended up making 3rd place finish for decent $ later

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would get destroyed. You have a small chance of winning. It would take a suckout for you to have any hope.   You cant comprehend the fact that I stated I know this certain person inside and out

Went to the Flop with a plan, got lucky ... not unheard of in poker.   Not so sure this is a suck-out though since big money wasn't put into the pot when 'hero' was behind. At least that is how I d

Learn to read idiot!

Went to the Flop with a plan, got lucky ... not unheard of in poker.

Not so sure this is a suck-out though since big money wasn't put into the pot when 'hero' was behind. At least that is how I define that type of comment. Might be a better use of this space discussing the boundries of a suck-out than playing bingo ... We don't even know when in the tournament this play was made.

Suck-out: Putting your money in as a less than 16% favorite and hitting your card on Turn or River.

I suppose we could define some boundries for pre-Flop conditions as well.

I'll just call this a mini suck-out as it was bad money on the Flop with only one out ... but we could have been facing AK as well. Big money didn't go in when behind ... might not be worth discussion ...

• Like 1

Guy who is playing very tight raises.

And you decide to defend with the ol' Q2.

Yeah, to bluff him if the flop came low. That's probably a higher level than you'll ever reach.

nh

Yeah, to bluff him if the flop came low. That's probably a higher level than you'll ever reach.

nh

Ill admit i didnt put him on a pocket pair at first since his preflop raise was small. This guy made similar raises before with AK AQ and etc. Also has a history of folding high cards to any raise on flop if he doesnt hit anything. So i figured with my Q2 that if he called my raise after flop assuming i hit nothing, then id back off. This guy was a classic "play same game " everytime.

Again ... you had a plan and it came together ... when during the tournament was this though? I has a big bearing on most folks opinions I would think.

It was midway through. And I wouldnt have played this hand vs most the other players at my table. Lot of idiot calling stations thats hard to bluff. But very easy to take them out when I hit good hands. (We are talking guys who call any raise with Ace, anything type hands.)

guy had a pocket pair, i'm going to call with q2 to try and bluff off a low board.

what about that doesnt make sense ta13?

Learn to read idiot!

• Like 1

Learn to read idiot!

One guy who normally plays very tight makes a preflop raise about 10% of stack. I call his raise thinking Id bluff him if the flop came low. It is just us 2 in the hand.

You do realize that long term, this is a losing play?

Can you explain what range you expect this guy to be raising, EA? And why specifically you decide you can bluff him on low boards?

Because this guy was a regular who iv played with many times. I know how he plays and how he thinks. :) He consistently makes final tables but always goes out very early in final table due to everyone knows his play. Never seen him make final 6.

So then...what range do you put him on?

AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ, QQ, JJ

If he has QJ, J10 10/10, 99, 88, 77, 66, 55, 44, 33, 22, A/anything suited he limps or calls a small preflop raise but never makes the raises.

AA he has always bet super heavy preflop, either 50% or all in, he never gets calls and always shows his AA after.

I thought hed go heavier with KK preflop.

If he misses flop, any raise gets him to lay down. If he has big pair like JJ and QQ He wont call a huge raise if he dont hit a set

This guy never bluffs, he always shows his cards everytimeime hes in a hand (lolfish) and plays tight. Will never play hands like 6 7 suited and etc. He always manage to get chips from the noobs who pay off his set of jacks and etc. He makes final table and loses to the good players.

lol so his raising range is AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ A10, KQ.

But he raises A10, and limps 10s. makes sense.

But basically, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, KQ and 10s all have you crushed. Which means that 8 out of his possible 10 hands you're a substantial underdog too.

So he never bluffs, so you know if you flop came all low cards he's betting and never folding right? Unless he has AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. Which in that case, he's checking anyway, so it doesn't matter.

My god you are the biggest retard I've ever seen. Can we play heads up? Seriously I'll fly to where ever you live and pay whatever the price for a ticket it is.

lol so his raising range is AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ A10, KQ.

But he raises A10, and limps 10s. makes sense.

But basically, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, KQ and 10s all have you crushed. Which means that 8 out of his possible 10 hands you're a substantial underdog too.

So he never bluffs, so you know if you flop came all low cards he's betting and never folding right? Unless he has AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. Which in that case, he's checking anyway, so it doesn't matter.

My god you are the biggest retard I've ever seen. Can we play heads up? Seriously I'll fly to where ever you live and pay whatever the price for a ticket it is.

You would get destroyed. You have a small chance of winning. It would take a suckout for you to have any hope.

You cant comprehend the fact that I stated I know this certain person inside and out and his every move. I also stated that I wouldnt have done that vs the rest of my current table.

If you cant understand any of this, I cant imagine you are a good poker player.

• Like 3

I'll bet on donk4life winning, but I'll definitely need odds after seeing your level of analysis

In the meanwhile I will make my profit from winning many tournaments while you idiots chatter about me.