I Feel Really Bad For Scotty Nguyen

After watching him self destruct in the ME.He doubled up to 17 million chips with 11 players left and was in 3rd chip position in the Main Event and kinda went on a spew fest.I remember watching the live updates this summer and remember hearing him doubleing up and that he was a shoe in for the final table.His exit interview just summed it up. He was almost speechless and looked like he was on the verge of crying.I guess I just WISH he was there, that would make for a wonderful final table.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as far as the Hilm being a fish comment, I do think that he isn't the most skilled player in the field, but he did have a spewing, big chip stack Scotty Nguyen shoving when he flopped a set of fives. He had to call there.

LOL.I think Joe Hachem has proved himself, along with Carlos Mortensen, Huck Seed.Not to mention Hellmuth.

So those four are all the best player in the game..?
LOL. Poker is so different from a ranking standpoint than any other televised sport.It's a lot like the PGA tour. Just because one pro golfer won the Masters, does that make him the best? Or does the winner of the Fed Ex cup become the best?It's the same way in poker. Carlos M. won the WPT Championship. Does that make him the best player on the WPT? No.What it does is legitimize your place in poker history with every big win you achieve.It's not like Football, Baseball, Basketball etc, where you win the Super Bowl and are the best team that year. It's a shit ton more complicated.-But you already knew that i'm sure.
I hope someday I can think on the level that those guys do.
I don't think that you are serious TJ, but I need confirmation, just to make sure.
All i'm saying, is that Scotty spews a big stack with the best of 'em.
Im sitting here right now watching the episode I recorded,and I am yelling at the TV "WHY SCOTTY WHY?????" Just absolutely puzzled with some of these plays he tried to make when he could have cruised to the FT.
'97?js
I seem to recall DN riding Chris Moneymaker's coattails into a cush spot on the Pokerstars Team.. :club:
2002 was the main event to decide all main events.
Dammit you beat me to it!But yes, only once in the last 20 years has the main event crowned the best player in the world as champion. 230px-WSOP_robert_varkonyi_money.jpg

I find it funny that we are watching more of the other guys then the actual event winner... Unlike other past WSOP ME we seen the champ in the end stages not just the final table with clips here and there, coming up to the final 9.... I think that they felt that if they had shown the road of how Jerry Yang won the ME it would make the ME look like the lotto.... But it works out for me because I like to watch Scotty baby!!! I really wanted Him to win because I feel He represents what poker is about... A good time and knowing how to play ( non-lotto style ).... next year is a new year.... to be honest im impress with scotty's run this year....GG Scotty....

I think the Main Event final tables the last couple of years have produced many good players. 2004- Greg Raymer, David Williams, Josh Arieh(sort of), Dan Harrington (obviously was great before),Al Krux(3rd main event final table) Marcel Luske (10th). 2005- Joe Hachem, Andy Black, Matusow. 2006- Jamie Gold, Paul Wasicka, Michael Binger, Allen Cunningham. All of these players have had considerable success before or after the final table so obviously good players are getting there and it isn't a complete fluke.