I Want To Mentor Someone (part 2)

Hi everyone. I've accomplished some things in poker but I fear Im getting lazy/complacent and to help steer myself in a better direction, I have decided to take on a student for free for roughly a month's time (maybe longer maybe shorter). There are some requirements to this which I will address shortly. The reasons behind me wanting to do this are as follows, as Im sure most of you are saying "whats the catch".- I want to give back to this community. Especially since I was fortunate enough to have recieved free coaching from a member of this site a while back.- I believe this will help my game and focus level just as much as I hope to help the person selected- This is going to be a trial period for me as I plan on starting a coaching program. This will help me figure out if I qualify as a coach and how to structure such a program.- This is going to be fun and enjoyable for both parties I hope.That said, Im hoping Im not driven out of gen po like so many before me. If this is something that you guys dont like then you can have the mods close it and that will be that. I dont see any reason for this though so onto the requirements for those wishing to be selected for the mentoree position. Those wishing to be selected:-Just a note, this is not in any form a staking arrangement... strictly coaching.-You must have your own bankroll. You will not be able to get anything out of the coaching if I cannot sweat you/you send me hh's. etc. -This is for tournament players who are slight losers/breakeven/slight winners at the stakes they play. -skype and aim. (not too hard to arrange so dont worry about this too much)I will need you to PM me with some information about yourself including:-age-a little bit about yourself-a little bit about your poker background including what stakes you are playing and your current bankroll/money you would be willing to put into a poker bankroll/etc.-amt. of free time during the week-favorite color-favorite food-anything else you think is relevant.Note: I know several of you through aim and other forms of communication and I will not be biased towards that in any way although pretty much all of you are better than me and dont need coaching. What im trying to say is that Im not going to be biased against anyone unless you have been a super nuisance towards me in the past. I will say however, that the type of person Im looking for is someone playing 5-55$ tournaments, 3r's, 5r's with an appropriate bankroll for those stakes and who has plenty of freetime. That usually means its going to be a younger person/student but like I said its no guarantee and please dont let that stop you from sending me a PM. One last thing: I will give it a few days before I let the person know who it is im coaching to allow for PM's. If you are not chosen, dont be a sad panda. I will probably be putting together a coaching program depending on how this trial goes and will hopefully be able to work out several different programs catered to people's bankrolls/preferences.* I realize I am nowhere close to being as good as some people on this site but I believe I can make you a better poker player so dont misinterpret this post as me being arrogant and douchebagish as I save those posts for other threads like tehtoe rail threads. Thanks all

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to do this but I am swamped ! I need improvement and I think you would be a big help. Hopefully you decide to this this again down the road. Are you going to the FCP Golf/Poker trip this year?

wtg and proud of you AG , that's great new's for someone out there. He does have a lot to offer poker knowledge wise. TJ you did well with him and now it's awesome to see this go onwards. :club: GL VTThis is what I love most about FCP.

I'm surprised no one has yet replied with......zzzzzzz

glad your doing this. PM sent.
lol, when are you teaching

Dear Coach Laxer,I have heard about your amazing new mentor program and would like to volunteer to be your first and number one student.I play hardly any tournaments, so you can definitely say I'm break even in them. This is a plus as I see it as one of your requirements.I have my own bankroll which I use for cash games. If you agree to take me on as a student, I will agree to play two (count em, two) tournaments a day for you. This is huge.In exchange for your time, I will coach you in the ways of love and chinese poker.I look forward to hearing from you and becoming your number one student!Sincerely,IQCrash

Dear Coach Laxer,I have heard about your amazing new mentor program and would like to volunteer to be your first and number one student.I play hardly any tournaments, so you can definitely say I'm break even in them. This is a plus as I see it as one of your requirements.I have my own bankroll which I use for cash games. If you agree to take me on as a student, I will agree to play two (count em, two) tournaments a day for you. This is huge.In exchange for your time, I will coach you in the ways of love and chinese poker.I look forward to hearing from you and becoming your number one student!Sincerely,IQCrash
lol picking you would be so +ev cuz i could spend every day listening to you on skype.IN MY OPINIOOOONNNNNNN

this sounds cool. im 20, been playin for a couple years roughly, like tournaments better than cash games but i play both, depends on my mood. ive played anywhere from 2 dollar to 50 dollar tournaments and i think i did pretty well overall on themi am in between jobs right now so i can play a lot i am willing to work really hard and learn from someone whos willing to help me learn. should i send u a pm too?

this sounds cool. im 20, been playin for a couple years roughly, like tournaments better than cash games but i play both, depends on my mood. ive played anywhere from 2 dollar to 50 dollar tournaments and i think i did pretty well overall on themi am in between jobs right now so i can play a lot i am willing to work really hard and learn from someone whos willing to help me learn. should i send u a pm too?
fwiw before this account is dismissed as a joke, its not, even though I thought it was originally too.
fwiw before this account is dismissed as a joke, its not, even though I thought it was originally too.
yeah, ok, nice coverup.sigh, i wish i had time to get coached by someone but i cant with school etc... gl to whomever you choose.