That's a cool article. I think many of us here have experienced something like that to some degree. You can't be a poker player without being a gambler. It's hard to contain the beast.

Honestly, that's the same problem I have. I used to get bored and play $100 HU SNG's when my bankroll had me playing $25 max for hours on end. Granted, this was a long time ago before I because decent and understood not to blow my bankroll but he'll regain the focus. If he's really focused on becoming a better player he'll understand how to put all that gambling behind him and make a decent living playing controlled poker.

Scarry :club: . In 1 1/2 years I 've made up to 500$ and now I have 300$ from 50$. It's pathetic, i know, but at lease I know my limits financially and skillfuly. I would love to make my living playing poker but its a slippery slope, Daniel is living the BIG life, but how many ppl loose it all for every Daniel out there? People like Daniel get to where they are by ruining the lives of some ppl. Theres probably a lot more loosers than winners.

Scarry :club: . In 1 1/2 years I 've made up to 500$ and now I have 300$ from 50$. It's pathetic, i know, but at lease I know my limits financially and skillfuly. I would love to make my living playing poker but its a slippery slope, Daniel is living the BIG life, but how many ppl loose it all for every Daniel out there? People like Daniel get to where they are by ruining the lives of some ppl. Theres probably a lot more loosers than winners.
Loser not looser. You spelled it wrong twice so I know it's not a typo. I'm usually not the spelling police but this one is a pet peeve of mine. Those two words don't even sound the same and have totally different meanings.
cliff notes?
He wins a lot of money then loses it again many times. At one point he was up 70 K but lost it all in one day. Now he is trying to grind low limits to build up his roll again. He's a lucky guy in a way because he's able to win when he puts it all on the line. He'll max out his credit cards and stuff and win. He eventually always loses it all back but he's never really in serious debt. It must be said that he makes a lot of it gambling on nonpoker games though. Mainly craps.
That's a cool article. I think many of us here have experienced something like that to some degree. You can't be a poker player without being a gambler. It's hard to contain the beast.
Yes it is, It's funny cuz I will bet on anything but for some reason I hate the pit games like blackjack and craps ect. luckly thats a good thing.

am limiting my play with this $500 to maximums of: $10+1 SnGs, $10+1 MTT, $2/$4 limit, $25 NL. If I make it to $750 I will allow myself to play up to 3/6 limit. At $1000 I can play 4/8 limit,His new plan that he mentions at the end of this article isnt very good. This is very poor Bankroll managment

am limiting my play with this $500 to maximums of: $10+1 SnGs, $10+1 MTT, $2/$4 limit, $25 NL. If I make it to $750 I will allow myself to play up to 3/6 limit. At $1000 I can play 4/8 limit,His new plan that he mentions at the end of this article isnt very good. This is very poor Bankroll managment
And didn't he say he was sticking to freerolls?And I hate to say it, but the second he hits a bad streak of cards, it's back to craps.You can play craps online? Damn...it's a good thing TJ Cloutier doesn't know how to use the internet.

I really enjoy reading those types of articles because it gives me hope and encouragement to tame the "beast" inside of me. Good luck to this guy and everyone else in the future.

what a story i wish i had his luck i have some decent BR management skills
That's your problem right there. In order to get as lucky as him you'd have to take huge risks and that would make your BR management no longer decent.
And didn't he say he was sticking to freerolls?And I hate to say it, but the second he hits a bad streak of cards, it's back to craps.You can play craps online? Damn...it's a good thing TJ Cloutier doesn't know how to use the internet.
I hate craps.
  • 6 months later...