Lets Go Democrats!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to vote man, but I'm still not eligible :club: Looks like a win for poker today. Hopefully something can be done quickly to reverse the bill, or add a carve out for poker.
I will bet you 5k, giving you 5-1 that the Unlawful Internet Gambling Bill does not get revoked/reversed/struck down in the next two years.
I'd love to vote man, but I'm still not eligible :club: Looks like a win for poker today. Hopefully something can be done quickly to reverse the bill, or add a carve out for poker.
Trying to get my parents to vote, but they are Canadian too, oh well, at least your heart is in the right place!
Probably has a lot to do with the 9 other threads in Off Topic regarding Politics.
Yeah, this seems pretty off topic considering this is once every two/ four years. I guess it doesn't deserve a general must less a FU CKING STICKY on this site!!!
Yeah, this seems pretty off topic considering this is once every two/ four years. I guess it doesn't deserve a general must less a FU CKING STICKY on this site!!!
You missed my point; The people who want to talk politics and are excited about events like these have already talked themselves blue in the face in Off-Topic.
what does politics have to do with general poker? Just to let you know, the vast majority of this country couldn't care less about online gaming
YES! GO DEMOCRATS!!!!!!i can't wait for taxes to go up...
way to trot out a well worn sterotype. Didn't Bush Sr raise taxes after he said "read my lips, there will be no new taxes." What you should worry more about is that your job raises increase at a better porportion then the GDP's growth rate, the dems or republicans have little to do with that
You missed my point; The people who want to talk politics and are excited about events like these have already talked themselves blue in the face in Off-Topic.
I would figure the day of would have a BIG thread considering the rest of the garbage on here.

As an Australian with little knowledge of the American system, what will it exctly mean if the democrats actually get control of both?

As an Australian with little knowledge of the American system, what will it exctly mean if the democrats actually get control of both?
It means a lot to a lot of people, but I'll take DDM's 5-1 in a heartbeat that the law is not reversed in the next 5 years. Nobody cares. Its just like how we don't care about the 100s of other stupid *** laws that get piggybacked onto bills all the time. The only people that care are the vast few that are affected. And I don't see right now how our voice is big enough for anyone to go back and fix this.Mark
It means a lot to a lot of people, but I'll take DDM's 5-1 in a heartbeat that the law is not reversed in the next 5 years. Nobody cares. Its just like how we don't care about the 100s of other stupid *** laws that get piggybacked onto bills all the time. The only people that care are the vast few that are affected. And I don't see right now how our voice is big enough for anyone to go back and fix this.Mark
I'm betting that it won't be reinstated, just so we're clear, and it's over 2 years. Just because the Republicans got rid of Online Gambling doesn't mean the Democrats will restore it.
OH! My mistake..show me where the Unlawful Internet Gambling Bill was voted on? Thanks in advance.
Where? Not sure where it was voted? Are you talking about what city, state, zip code? Don't know what you mean about this man? What I know is that it was snaked on just like all the other garbage politcal bills, which is garbage, but oh well, same ol sh it.
Where? Not sure where it was voted? Are you talking about what city, state, zip code? Don't know what you mean about this man? What I know is that it was snaked on just like all the other garbage politcal bills, which is garbage, but oh well, same ol sh it.
..that was my point. Nothing to do with the Unlawful Internet Gambling Law occurred today. Sure, you could postulate that a democratic congress will revoke it, but, you're likely wrong. Just because Republicans put it through doesn't mean that the Democrats are gonna remedy it.I really only posted to let you know there was very thorough discussion allready in Off Topic, but, it seems as though that's been lost. Good luck.
..that was my point. Nothing to do with the Unlawful Internet Gambling Law occurred today. Sure, you could postulate that a democratic congress will revoke it, but, you're likely wrong. Just because Republicans put it through doesn't mean that the Democrats are gonna remedy it.I really only posted to let you know there was very thorough discussion allready in Off Topic, but, it seems as though that's been lost. Good luck.
Thanks Smash, Good Luck
It means a lot to a lot of people, but I'll take DDM's 5-1 in a heartbeat that the law is not reversed in the next 5 years. Nobody cares. Its just like how we don't care about the 100s of other stupid *** laws that get piggybacked onto bills all the time. The only people that care are the vast few that are affected. And I don't see right now how our voice is big enough for anyone to go back and fix this.
I agree, just because you vote the other party into the majority doesn't mean a damn thing. It's the same old story. This subject is dead for years to come. It's way easier to pass bills than it is to change them. The only choice we'll have in the near future is to revolt against the system and continue to play online.Honestly the only thing the Democrats will do is create more tax funded organizations that will help cure you of your gambling problem.*side note: It's crazy to see the fields in the Ongame Network tourneys reduced by 3/4 across the board and the overlays in the guarantees, sick!:club:

Don’t go getting all excited because not much is going to change. The democrats are such a dysfunctional bunch of cowards they will not accomplish much if anything. They will spend the next 2 years attacking Bush for sure but that is about it. I don’t like Bush but voting for a Democrat is just –EV.Unless you are ready for government subsidies, budget hikes and general lack of any type of leadership, the next election is going to be huge…Remember we can all complain about the war in the Middle East but we CAN’T leave now even if we want to. So to say we are running a deficit is correct but it will not and can not change until we develop an exit strategy. That should be our number 1 agenda item.As for Danny N wanting to vote because he doesn’t like the on-line poker rule….well I love your game and watching you play buddy but that is just wrong. Nobody is going to enforce the rule so just ignore it. There 100 more important items then that and yes of course I play on-line poker!YOU HAVE ZERO CHANCE FOR THE ONLINE POKER ITEM TO BE REPEALED.I will take all bets at any amount with odds to you, PM if you want to discuss a wager.Balloon Man please feel free chime in here.