7 Card Stud Structure

Hey,New poster to this forum. Me and my buddies want to start playing some 7 Card Stud cash games. The stakes arent going to be high at all, probably $50 max buy in. What would be a good ante/small/big bet structure?Any help would be great.Thanks.

I would suggest a fairly large ante to encourage action.For a $50 buyin something like $.50/$1.00 with a $0.25 ante will mean you will only need to use 2 chip colors and will be pretty straight forward.If you feel that ante is too large go to a $0.15 cent ante or $0.10 at the very least.

I posted in his other thread for .1 ante, .25 bring, .5 small bet and 1.00 big bet.I am a nit and love the small ante games tho. Def agree that a .2 or .25 ante would encourage action.We've been playing a fun stud game lately; a black maria variant. Stud hi with the high spade in the hole getting 1/2 the pot. And if the queen of spades is dealt as an up card the hand is immediately ended and the pot remains, the limits are doubled and you play another hand. Let the limits double up to 3 times. So .5/1, 1/2, 2/4, 4/8. It's fun and adds gambooooolll... even tho I'm a nit it's lots of fun at a home game.

At a home game I want to punish nitty play and that's why I suggest the large ante.At most home games there are going to be a couple players who want to play every hand. I would want a structure that helps them and hurts the nits.