Estimate # Of Players Who Buy-in To Wsop Me

Its fairly obvious that the massive spike in the number of players entering the WSOP Main Event in the past couple years is due largely to satelitte tournies, some live ones through card rooms but mostly from online sites. With that in mind I was wondering how many people actually pay the full 10K to play in the main event each year vs. those that pay anything less (satellite in some how). I looked for information online about how many players buy in directly each year but couldn't find it anywhere and don't even know if Harrah's knows who pays what to get into the main event. So here's my question last year the Main Event had 5619 entrants how many do you think paid the whole 10K entry fee?

So here's my question last year the Main Event had 5619 entrants how many do you think paid the whole 10K entry fee?
All of them.
All of them.
do u c y?
if i remember there were 3800 internet qulifiers. so if you allow for b and m sattelite winners about 1500 bought in
Thanks for an actually useful response grocery. That about what I was guessing somewhere in the 25% neighbourhood.

There will be more people directly buying in because the people who made money last year think that they are the shiznit, and will buy in even if they dont qualify.I'm guessing 6000 internet qualifiers, 2500 direct buy-in.

I'm playing the main event even if I have to pony up the whole $10,000 myself...............next year. Unless they magically start allowing 20 year olds in, I'll be staying home this time.

I would say 30% buy directly in. I pulled that number out of my bum.Thank you.
Can you check and see if Jerry's in there too?