card protectors

does anyone here use a card protector when they play? Or have a favorite kind of card protector to use? I'd love to hear some responses on this.I always use one now, ever since I was playing a 1/2 NL home game and i was involved in a huge pot with this guy who was overplaying a pair of kings, top pair on the board. I had AA, and he called a raise on the flop, leaving himself with little under $20. I was just about to set him all-in on the turn when i saw a blank hit and i looked down at my chips...my cards were gone. The dealer had actually mucked my cards somehow after the flop action. I've found card protectors avoid that absent minded dealer problem.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone here use a card protector when they play? Or have a favorite kind of card protector to use?  I'd love to hear some responses on this.I always use one now, ever since I was playing a 1/2 NL home game and i was involved in a huge pot with this guy who was overplaying a pair of kings, top pair on the board. I had AA, and he called a raise on the flop, leaving himself with little under $20. I was just about to set him all-in on the turn when i saw a blank hit and i looked down at my chips...my cards were gone. The dealer had actually mucked my cards somehow after the flop action.  I've found card protectors avoid that absent minded dealer problem.
Same thing happened in Vegas with AA (not my cards), so yes always use one, even with pro dealers. I've been trying various different ones and haven't found one I realy like yet, so mostly I use a chip.
They mucked your cards in a home game because they didnt have a protector???
the dealer thought they were part of the muck since I was sitting fairly close to him and my cards were near it. He grabbed my cards and slid them into the muck because he thought it was an already folded hand. My point was if I had a card protector then he would have known my hand was in play.(although the fact that I was betting into a pot with only me and 1 other person is usually a big clue)
I usually just whip out my ginormous schlong and set it over my cards. Needless to say, everyone else is pretty intimidated.
Do you stick it back in your ass when you're playing stud, as you wouldn't need it there?
I usually just whip out my ginormous schlong and set it over my cards. Needless to say, everyone else is pretty intimidated.
Do you stick it back in your ass when you're playing stud, as you wouldn't need it there?
damnit. i got beat by the forum idiot
I use a chip. I normally stay away from any poker "props" such as card protectors hat and sunglasses, ipods or cool poker lingo. I usually brand people I see using this stuff as tv-fish until proven otherwise. Not to be an ass, but Im usually right.
That is very effective when you are all in I bet. :roll: How is that chip acting like a card protector now ?Oh yeah...say now that you bring an extra chip with you. Just your own little "prop" but it's ok cause it's you, right ?I could give you many examples of the dealer mucking uncovered cards...cards being mucked and killing uncovered hands...Man, I even saw a dudes hand get mucked by the dealer on the FINAL HAND of a tourny WITH A CLOCK at the Circus Circus Reno.Personally I carry a blue ,polished wishing stone in my wallet that my Mother gave me about 5 years ago; Never play without it. :wink:
I use a chip. I normally stay away from any poker "props" such as card protectors hat and sunglasses, ipods or cool poker lingo. I usually brand people I see using this stuff as tv-fish until proven otherwise. Not to be an ass, but Im usually right.
I’m in complete concurrence. I like the avitar.
And completly wrong as well !! :club:
And completly wrong as well !! :club:
I love it when people think I am a TV fish, good for a pot or two. I always use some form of chip protector.
I forgot to mention, my only live experience is at free bar game I play. For all I know, only sharks wear "Muck you" hats in B&M rooms.
Yeah...he does have a point about the "poker wear". I won't wear any poker hat/shirt I didn't win.Except my JOPKE hat that is !The avantar ? It's ok if you a big Roy West fan I guess. Real clear picture...centered nicely. :club: