How To Get To Heaven When You Die

How To Get To Heaven When You Die  

14 members have voted

1. 1. DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT TO BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART?

• YES
    • NO
    • I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST INTO MY HEART BEFORE
    • OTHER

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN? There are some things that you should know:1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior: Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin. 2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us." Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. 3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, except Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved. Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.." Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you. Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die. Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation? 4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this prayer to God from your heart:"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen." If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J tap-dancin' C ... I do believe this is a Jack T. Chick publication, word for word.

Very nice...but the haters and NB's are gonna rip into you. Don't take it personally...there's a few really hateful and sad people on this site that get pleasure out of being mean.

Very nice...but the haters and NB's are gonna rip into you. Don't take it personally...there's a few really hateful and sad people on this site that get pleasure out of being mean.
No one likes you, and it's because of your avatar. Change it, asap.
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN? There are some things that you should know:1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior: Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin. 2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us." Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. 3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, except Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved. Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.." Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you. Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die. Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation? 4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this prayer to God from your heart:"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen." If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
I believe this post is correct, accept the part between ARE and baptism.
I believe this post is correct, accept the part between ARE and baptism.
So you think that "ARE baptism" is correct? In what way?
Hoisted by his own petard.
awesome
Screw it, can I just say that I love you guys. A lot. Everyday you 3 (or 12 who really knows right?) make me laugh at my desk. Guess I won't be going to heaven since I just proclaimed my love for 3 or more men. I yes, I meant that kind of love.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)3 Members: Ouch-8s, Gummi, gobearsalter-ego?i love this fastreply thing. how do we get it in OT?

ok since u asked. what objective evidence can you provide that a single thing you said is true?
Here are some more reasons that I believe in the existance in the God of the bible: 1) The hundreds of the Prophecies of Jesus Christ that were written hundreds of years before His first comming that came true in Him. 2) The way that the bible was written by God through 40 people in different parts of the world, some were rich, some were poor and yet it doesn't contradict. How in the world could that be? 3) I PERSONALLY know God. I have relationship with Him and He has spoken to me both audibly and performed miracles in my life and my family. Did I tell you about the angel saving my cousin? He put a passion in my heart to tell people about Him. I was totally shocked when He entered my room (I didn't see Him, but I felt Him VERY strongly) He was in the form of a cloud (The holy Spirit) He hovered over my chest and looked me in the eye and told me to go back to a church that I honestly didn't want to go back to. (I didn't hear sound, but the thought was injected into my mind in a VERY strong way where I knew without ANY doubt that it was NOT me and that it was the Lord Jesus) I repented of my sins. Before He spoke to me I was living very badly. I was smoking pot nearly every day. I was violent and angry with everyone. I was on the verge of divorce with my wife. Afterward, when my wife and I submitted to God's will, our messed up lives slowly got better and I knew that God was with me. I am became the music director and youth director at my church and I had a passion for witnessing, which I believe is placed there by the Lord. He is using my stubbornness to tell people about Him and His great salvation. 4) Testimony of many, many others who have died, were brain dead and either went to hell (if the weren't a Christian) or went to heaven (the ones that WERE a Christian), some met Jesus. Their testimonies are too similar and they don't even know each other. 5) The way that the demonically possessed people react to the name and the blood of Jesus Christ. I have personally seen demons and have done battle with them. 6) All of the signs that are going on in the world today that perfectly line up with the bible predictions. For instance: a) The bible predicted that there would be a revived roman empire in the end. (the European union is the revived roman empire) B) The bible predicts the 666, or the mark of the beast (people are getting micro chips implanted under their skin right now voluntarily, but many think it will turn into the mark of the beast.) It predicts that no one will be able to buy/sell unless they recieve the mark of the beast and eventually anyone who takes the mark will be murdered. This is because the Christians will be removed from the world and satan will possess a body of a man who will become the world dictator. C) The bible predicts a one world government. Did you know that U.S., Canada and Mexico are going to merge soon? Ever heard of the New World Order? Ever heard of a globalist? Ever heard of a nafta superhighway? These terms are all linked to the New World Order, which George Bush Sr. Predicted in 1990, which is also predicted in the bible. D) The bible predicted that homosexuality would become prominent. To paraphrase, it said "as it was in the days of lot, so shall it be in the day of the comming..." It also said that it would be as the days of noah. In noah's day, there was widespread violence on the earth. Some would relate this to terrorism. E) Israel as a nation ceased to be in 70 A.D. The bible predicted that they would become a nation again, which they did in 1948 a.d. and that they would reclaim Jerusalem, which they did in 1967 a.d. It says that Jerusalem would be trampled of the gentiles until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled. F) Not only the bible, but the dozens of secular souces which document that Jesus Christ was crucified and that (at least) His follows claimed that He rose from the dead. Remember that 11 out of 12 of His disciples were torchered and killed for their faith. They wouldn't have been willing to die for what they KNEW was a fraud, If He did really rise from the dead. If you would like, I can list the secular sources, I can list the bible predictions which were written hundreds of years BEFORE Jesus Christ was born that were fulfilled in Him. He could purposely be born where it said, die how it said, rise from the dead how it said, on purpose. I could go on and on and on, but I have EVERY reason to believe that the bible is true and that the Lord's comming is very near. I could share more and will if you would like me to. You need to get ready. Read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart if you have never done that yet.
i like it. it always makes me think of one of my favorite south park episodes.
It would be like me using the God Delusion cover or some random roller coaster as my avatar. It's my old one and should be reserved for me only.
Here are some more reasons that I believe in the existance in the God of the bible: 1) The hundreds of the Prophecies of Jesus Christ that were written hundreds of years before His first comming that came true in Him. 2) The way that the bible was written by God through 40 people in different parts of the world, some were rich, some were poor and yet it doesn't contradict. How in the world could that be? 3) I PERSONALLY know God. I have relationship with Him and He has spoken to me both audibly and performed miracles in my life and my family. Did I tell you about the angel saving my cousin? He put a passion in my heart to tell people about Him. I was totally shocked when He entered my room (I didn't see Him, but I felt Him VERY strongly) He was in the form of a cloud (The holy Spirit) He hovered over my chest and looked me in the eye and told me to go back to a church that I honestly didn't want to go back to. (I didn't hear sound, but the thought was injected into my mind in a VERY strong way where I knew without ANY doubt that it was NOT me and that it was the Lord Jesus) I repented of my sins. Before He spoke to me I was living very badly. I was smoking pot nearly every day. I was violent and angry with everyone. I was on the verge of divorce with my wife. Afterward, when my wife and I submitted to God's will, our messed up lives slowly got better and I knew that God was with me. I am became the music director and youth director at my church and I had a passion for witnessing, which I believe is placed there by the Lord. He is using my stubbornness to tell people about Him and His great salvation. 4) Testimony of many, many others who have died, were brain dead and either went to hell (if the weren't a Christian) or went to heaven (the ones that WERE a Christian), some met Jesus. Their testimonies are too similar and they don't even know each other. 5) The way that the demonically possessed people react to the name and the blood of Jesus Christ. I have personally seen demons and have done battle with them. 6) All of the signs that are going on in the world today that perfectly line up with the bible predictions. For instance: a) The bible predicted that there would be a revived roman empire in the end. (the European union is the revived roman empire) B) The bible predicts the 666, or the mark of the beast (people are getting micro chips implanted under their skin right now voluntarily, but many think it will turn into the mark of the beast.) It predicts that no one will be able to buy/sell unless they recieve the mark of the beast and eventually anyone who takes the mark will be murdered. This is because the Christians will be removed from the world and satan will possess a body of a man who will become the world dictator. C) The bible predicts a one world government. Did you know that U.S., Canada and Mexico are going to merge soon? Ever heard of the New World Order? Ever heard of a globalist? Ever heard of a nafta superhighway? These terms are all linked to the New World Order, which George Bush Sr. Predicted in 1990, which is also predicted in the bible. D) The bible predicted that homosexuality would become prominent. To paraphrase, it said "as it was in the days of lot, so shall it be in the day of the comming..." It also said that it would be as the days of noah. In noah's day, there was widespread violence on the earth. Some would relate this to terrorism. E) Israel as a nation ceased to be in 70 A.D. The bible predicted that they would become a nation again, which they did in 1948 a.d. and that they would reclaim Jerusalem, which they did in 1967 a.d. It says that Jerusalem would be trampled of the gentiles until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled. F) Not only the bible, but the dozens of secular souces which document that Jesus Christ was crucified and that (at least) His follows claimed that He rose from the dead. Remember that 11 out of 12 of His disciples were torchered and killed for their faith. They wouldn't have been willing to die for what they KNEW was a fraud, If He did really rise from the dead. If you would like, I can list the secular sources, I can list the bible predictions which were written hundreds of years BEFORE Jesus Christ was born that were fulfilled in Him. He could purposely be born where it said, die how it said, rise from the dead how it said, on purpose. I could go on and on and on, but I have EVERY reason to believe that the bible is true and that the Lord's comming is very near. I could share more and will if you would like me to. You need to get ready. Read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart if you have never done that yet.
Just to save time:Crow T. Robot doesn't think any of this is objective evidence.
Here are some more reasons that I believe in the existance in the God of the bible: 1) The hundreds of the Prophecies of Jesus Christ that were written hundreds of years before His first comming that came true in Him.
most claimed OT prophecies are subjective interpretations and the few that appear to have some validity would have been well known to NT authors who could have incorporated them into their story telling. whoever wrote matthew even makes this implicit.
2) The way that the bible was written by God through 40 people in different parts of the world, some were rich, some were poor and yet it doesn't contradict. How in the world could that be?
it contradicts a lot lol, and the only reason it doesn't contradict more than it does is because the books that went into the christian canon were chosen to make it that way from literally hundreds of early christian/gnostic/apocalyptic writings that were available many wildly contradicting each other. if you study the history of the bible objectively it's far from miraculous.
3) I PERSONALLY know God. I have relationship with Him and He has spoken to me both audibly and performed miracles in my life and my family. Did I tell you about the angel saving my cousin? He put a passion in my heart to tell people about Him. I was totally shocked when He entered my room (I didn't see Him, but I felt Him VERY strongly) He was in the form of a cloud (The holy Spirit) He hovered over my chest and looked me in the eye and told me to go back to a church that I honestly didn't want to go back to. (I didn't hear sound, but the thought was injected into my mind in a VERY strong way where I knew without ANY doubt that it was NOT me and that it was the Lord Jesus) I repented of my sins. Before He spoke to me I was living very badly. I was smoking pot nearly every day. I was violent and angry with everyone. I was on the verge of divorce with my wife. Afterward, when my wife and I submitted to God's will, our messed up lives slowly got better and I knew that God was with me. I am became the music director and youth director at my church and I had a passion for witnessing, which I believe is placed there by the Lord. He is using my stubbornness to tell people about Him and His great salvation.
if i say i personally believe in and have found my salvation through islam and can recount numerous miracles and personal revelations, should that mean anything more or less to you than your personal experiences with christianity does to me? subjective.
4) Testimony of many, many others who have died, were brain dead and either went to hell (if the weren't a Christian) or went to heaven (the ones that WERE a Christian), some met Jesus. Their testimonies are too similar and they don't even know each other.
there's like a thousand page thread debunking near-death experiences somewhere in this forum containing lots of links - probably pretty easy to search for if you're really interested. certainly there's zero evidence that people who have had near-death experiences independantly described the same detailed experiences of heaven and/or jesus. that claim is way out of date i think - most modern-day christians don't even make it.
5) The way that the demonically possessed people react to the name and the blood of Jesus Christ. I have personally seen demons and have done battle with them.
and i've seen santa claus and the easter bunny. subjective.
6) All of the signs that are going on in the world today that perfectly line up with the bible predictions. For instance: a) The bible predicted that there would be a revived roman empire in the end. (the European union is the revived roman empire) B) The bible predicts the 666, or the mark of the beast (people are getting micro chips implanted under their skin right now voluntarily, but many think it will turn into the mark of the beast.) It predicts that no one will be able to buy/sell unless they recieve the mark of the beast and eventually anyone who takes the mark will be murdered. This is because the Christians will be removed from the world and satan will possess a body of a man who will become the world dictator. C) The bible predicts a one world government. Did you know that U.S., Canada and Mexico are going to merge soon? Ever heard of the New World Order? Ever heard of a globalist? Ever heard of a nafta superhighway? These terms are all linked to the New World Order, which George Bush Sr. Predicted in 1990, which is also predicted in the bible.
revelations is just one of many apocalyptic writings of the time (barely made it into the canon) and the majority of sholars agree it refers to *early 1st millenia rome*, not 2000 years later lol, with the "beast" referring to nero (and the number is properly 616, not 666). all of your interpreted prophecies listed above are both subjective and the evidence indicates they are not what the author intended.
D) The bible predicted that homosexuality would become prominent. To paraphrase, it said "as it was in the days of lot, so shall it be in the day of the comming..." It also said that it would be as the days of noah. In noah's day, there was widespread violence on the earth. Some would relate this to terrorism.
subjective, and i'm not aware of any objective studies that have shown homosexuality tendencies have actually increased rather than just become less socially repressed.
E) Israel as a nation ceased to be in 70 A.D. The bible predicted that they would become a nation again, which they did in 1948 a.d. and that they would reclaim Jerusalem, which they did in 1967 a.d. It says that Jerusalem would be trampled of the gentiles until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled.
subjective interpretation.
F) Not only the bible, but the dozens of secular souces which document that Jesus Christ was crucified and that (at least) His follows claimed that He rose from the dead. Remember that 11 out of 12 of His disciples were torchered and killed for their faith. They wouldn't have been willing to die for what they KNEW was a fraud, If He did really rise from the dead.
there are *zero* secular sources that "document" jesus' life or that he was crucified, only stuff written decades after the fact after the christian movement was well under way. and there is zero corroborating evidence that anyone who might have known jesus actually died for him. and even beyond that historically there is no shortage of people that have been martyred for beliefs that contradict christianity, so even if anyone who knew jesus was martyered it's not evidence for anything except possibly human gullability.
I could go on and on and on, but I have EVERY reason to believe that the bible is true and that the Lord's comming is very near. I could share more and will if you would like me to. You need to get ready. Read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart if you have never done that yet.
why should i pray to something that there is no objective evidence exists? isn't that rather cultish?

xfrodobagginsx, i have a question for you to ask yourself. if by some chance you happened to be wrong about the significance of everything you just listed, would you be honestly willing or even able to admit it to yourself? if not why not?

most claimed OT prophecies are subjective interpretations and the few that appear to have some validity would have been well known to NT authors who could have incorporated them into their story telling. whoever wrote matthew even makes this implicit......[more pwnage]....why should i pray to something that there is no objective evidence exists? isn't that rather cultish?
Hi xfrodobagginsx! Isn't a bitch when you have to talk to people who can think for themselves?Anyway I think the answer maybe in your post
I was smoking pot nearly every day.
You do realise that excessive use of marijuana over a sustained period can lead to many forms of psychosis - religion included.
Crow T. Robot
Until I just looked it up now, I didn't realize this was the name of the MST3K robot.I always read crow's screen name as Crow Trobot.I didn't really know what that meant.
xfrodobagginsx, i have a question for you to ask yourself. if by some chance you happened to be wrong about the significance of everything you just listed, would you be honestly willing or even able to admit it to yourself? if not why not?
If I were wrong, I wouldn't waste my time with people who are hostile toward the gospel. The fact is that I have a relationship with the Lord and know Him personally. That's like telling you that your mother doesn't exist. Are you willing to believe that your mother isn't real, but that you just can't think for yourself?
Hi xfrodobagginsx! Isn't a bitch when you have to talk to people who can think for themselves?
It's wonderful that they think for themselves. If they explore the evidence objectively, they WILL have to come to the conclusion that the bible is true and that the God of the bible is the true God. I certainly think for myself or I would just be a follower and reject the bible and Jesus. Because I think for myself and have a true relationship with God, I know that He does indeed exist.