5 replies to this topic

#1 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

.5/1 on Absolute....maybe it was .25/.50, either way...RISE is BB with 7 :club: 8 :D PF: folds to button who raises, RISE callsFlop: (4.5 SB) 2 7 K rainbowRISE checks, button bets, RISE raises, button 3-bets, RISE callsTurn: (5.25 BB) 9RISE checks, button bets, RISE callsRiver: (7.25 BB) 5RISE checks, button checksFinal pot: 7.25 BBReads: no real reads, the guy recognized my name from these forums and said he was a lurker. He seemed like a pretty solid player. We were discussing the hand, he said he would've played it the same only probably folded to the 3-bet. I said I wasn't going to fold middle pair HU against a blind steal. Thoughts?

#2 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,434 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

I know it's not super important, but did you hit a spade on the flop? Sounds like not, but just want to be clear.

#3 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

there was one spade on the flop, but not another one on the turn. no flush draw by the river. Also, board cards aren't exact, but my pair and the K I do remember, and picking up a gutshot on the turn I remember.

#4 idiotbocs

idiotbocs

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:05 PM

check/call the flop.bet/call the turn.
-idiot

#5 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,434 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

RISEorFall said:

there was one spade on the flop, but not another one on the turn. no flush draw by the river. Also, board cards aren't exact, but my pair and the K I do remember, and picking up a gutshot on the turn I remember.
You didn't show the turn gut-shot in the hand you posted. =)And yeah, idiot's line actual looks scarier to the opponent in my opinion.

#6 idiotbocs

idiotbocs

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:12 PM

the reason I take this line (beside the fact that Schneids told me to) is because:1) no free cards on the turn2) people pay off with more hands. Everyone check/raises the flop with pairs, donkbetting the turn looks suspicious. People will raise with garbage or call down more liberally...sure, you pay people off sometimes, but that's poker.3) it sets up cheaper bluffs later on.
-idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users