Toronto Raptors Fanclub

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, this is likely to be a very lonely thread.On a positive note, I've been impressed with Bargnani. He and Bosh should make a good front line in the future.
I know...the Raptors aren't even popular enough to be "Canada's team" yet.It's tough to love a team that's working their butts off to hit .500
i am raps fan #1but smitch needs to be canned
mitchell may lack in experience...i'll give you that.even though i'm not sure if he'll still be around by the time the raptors become a regular playoff team i like what he's done and his attitude in general.Raptors homestand officially 1-0, Raptors 101 Kings 85Raptors win! Raptors win! Raptors win!
The Raptors are my favorite team from canada :club:
haha...you know what? the sheer shock of seeing your post blurred my eyes from the whiteout for a sec.i started scrolling for sw until i noticed.hey, we'll take what we can get. :D
I'm starting to hope that TJ Ford gets injured more often. Calderon is really growing on me.
When Ford is on the floor and gets replaced by Calderon you can see the difference in speed. But when Ford's not around you realize that Calderon is pretty quick himself.I'm starting to think Jose is the best 2nd point guard in the league. This kid's been a rock since December and does everything asked of him.
When Ford is on the floor and gets replaced by Calderon you can see the difference in speed. But when Ford's not around you realize that Calderon is pretty quick himself.I'm starting to think Jose is the best 2nd point guard in the league. This kid's been a rock since December and does everything asked of him.
If the raptors are considered a league, then I agree.
If the raptors are considered a league, then I agree.
well put, though i think you may have misunderstood. i think he just meant he's the best 2nd PG on his respective team.irregardless, i've enjoyed watching the raps again this season, after not bothering the last few. bargnani and garabosa are real fun to watch, bosh is still the tits, peterson is still a lazy ****, and i'm still just praying ford or calderon can turn into a top-level player.
He's pretty solid. I would almost agree with that but Barbosa from Phoenix is pretty damn good.Another game tonight. Go Raps.
Barbosa is a great talent but probably doesn't play that much PG. Tough to compare 'cause Calderon is definitely a pass-first guy and Barbosa has some great offensive talents. Also, Barbosa has played 50% more minutes so the numbers are skewed.
Barbosa is a great talent but probably doesn't play that much PG. Tough to compare 'cause Calderon is definitely a pass-first guy and Barbosa has some great offensive talents. Also, Barbosa has played 50% more minutes so the numbers are skewed.
True, but he is their back-up PG. He's definitely more of a SG but fills when Nash is out or sitting.Calderon definitely has talent. He could be starting on a good number of teams. Some teams don't even have 1 true point guard.
How bout them Raps? They win again, even when they shouldn't.Things are looking pretty good.
Talk about a sloppy start eh? Oh well, one more game 'til .500. WOOT!Raptors Win! Raptors Win! Raptors Win!

GAME DAY - January 26, 2007Raptors vs. Celtics @ 7:00 PM ESTLine: TOR @ -410--------------------------------------------------------------Chris Bosh was named a starter for the Eastern All-Star Team...wow, I had no idea he was popular around the league. This kid has great worth ethic to go along with his skill and size! Congrats to CB4!!A win for the Raps tonight and they'll be .500 in midseason for the first time in a looooong freakin' time.Good luck to Raptors fans everywhere (okay, maybe it should've read "anywhere")

Another good performance. We're on a great surge right now. I think that Hornets game may be the turning point for the remainder of the season. Over 500 all the way to the end :club: How about Bosh starting in the all-star game? Hopefully Toronto gets some big wins, Bosh has a big game in Vegas and he'll be on the map for good. This is what I hate when people say Vernon Wells is invisible because he plays in Canada. Everybody knew who Vince Carter was. Bosh is becoming a superstar even in the States.If you play well and the team performs well it doesn't matter what market you're in you'll get noticed.

Another good performance. We're on a great surge right now. I think that Hornets game may be the turning point for the remainder of the season. Over 500 all the way to the end :club: How about Bosh starting in the all-star game? Hopefully Toronto gets some big wins, Bosh has a big game in Vegas and he'll be on the map for good. This is what I hate when people say Vernon Wells is invisible because he plays in Canada. Everybody knew who Vince Carter was. Bosh is becoming a superstar even in the States.If you play well and the team performs well it doesn't matter what market you're in you'll get noticed.
A win is a win is a win...but "good" might be a bit much. I felt last night's game was almost a mirror image of the Hornets game. The Raps can't get complacent in the middle 'cause it makes them work so damn hard down the stretch. It's a long season and when you play crappy teams you gotta blow them out early and let some of the stars rest a bit. I'm happy with the win but I'd like to see a better 48 minutes against the weaker teams.

I admit they tend to walk on thin ice, but its a very big character builder to have to fight the way they are. Especially with the depth being tested. I don't see this game as close with TJ in the first string. They beat Milwaukee, Atlanta, Boston and Philadelphia this month and none of those games were close. Tonight is another one of those inbetween games where if they lose it, its a total momentum kill and if they win it by a small margin they'll be exhausted.Its been a busy week but hopefully Calderon and Parker continue to step up for one more game.